Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tyson vs George Foreman
^ Well sure, & that's why I wrote "legend".

But this is exactly what George Forman tweeted re: the topic question..

"A young Mike Tyson was terror, he'd been a champ at anytime of Boxing History."

(& Ali himself stated that a young rampant Tyson was quick, aggressive & powerful enough to KO him, likewise).
And so what? Tyson claimed Ali would beat him and a fight with Foreman would be close. Old boxers have high esteem for each other. That’s just the way it is.
@Mondas
Why didn't Foreman and Tyson fight, despite serious efforts to make it. It would've been a huge payday.

Occam's Razor- Tyson was scared of old Foreman

"There were a couple of times, serious negotiations were going on with the Mike Tyson fight. Mike Tyson just didn’t want to fight me. Not to say he couldn’t have beaten me. I mean, this guy could punch. The bigger they are the harder they’d fall as far as Mike Tyson was concerned," Foreman told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

"I guess that I have a feeling, his first original trainer and manager, Cus D’Amato, must have told him about George Foreman’s punching power as though I would never comeback. So sometimes when you come back and a guy remembers those stories, he says to himself, ‘Look, leave that guy alone’. But I don’t think I would have been that much problems to him. I had a good left jab and I’d always do better when guys come to me, but Tyson was pretty smart with his footwork and hand speed. That would have been a tough fight for me. "
https://www.boxingscene.com/foreman-we-s...ht--108954
^ "Scared", c'mon dude, pull your head in, Tyson in his prime defeated allcomers, & when past it, essentailly in ruins,
he still took beatings, whereas you could say, Forman was too "scared", to fight, for a decade after his demolition by Ali.

Doubtless it did come down to money, with King calling the shots...
Mike Tyson was far far more complete boxer than Foreman..

Foreman's only two point better than Tyson. Punch power and chin. Punch power is already very close level, Tyson also one of the hardest punchers ever. If Foreman's punch power is 99/100, Tyson's punch is 97-98/100.

Tyson had far better handspeed, far better footwork, far better defending, far better combination punches, far better ring IQ, far better agility and far better balance.

Foreman was like a tank with power and durability but Tyson was like a tank with power, agility, defence, speed, intelligence..
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT3njqF11jQ7D2WpTr-l...iTQwMphaum]
^ Add implacable 'killer instinct' to Tyson's card, he entered the ring to deck his opponents, which he almost always did,
(when in his prime), whereas Forman relied on his ah, form, & was nonplussed by Ali's wiles, duly lost & was crushed...