Poll: Which one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
TV Series
100.00%
1 100.00%
Cartoon
0%
0 0%
Film
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best jungle book show
Andy Serkis, the man behind the recent Planet of the Apes movies, is directing. So the same style of motion capture used for those movies was used here, although someone should tell him that the reason it worked on apes was that we are apes ourselves, and generally have similar facial features. It obviously does not transfer well on panthers and bears (I didn't even post Shere Khan because he looks the worst)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • theGrackle
Ahh, that explains it. But still, they look so weird like that! At least the 2016 remake looked more realistic and a bit more natural with the CGI.

Oh, forgot to give my thoughts on the sequel to the 1967 Disney film. Been a while since I watched it but from what I remember it was just pointless rehash of the first film but with none of the charm or magic. Why on earth did Disney think it was such a good idea to release it in cinemas instead of on direct-to-DVD?

Still for what its worth, John Goodman does a really good Baloo.
Oh my God I just saw that Netflix Jungle Book movie...it wasn't bad but it wasn't good. The animal fight scenes were really cool and I got used to the designs but Shere Khan was a weak villain...

But oh my God there is one thing that happens like a third of the way in that is SO weird and horrifying and bad. I don't even want to spoil it, it can't compare to watching it unfold before your bare eyes like a real life nightmare
[Image: Junglebook2009.jpg]

In this tv series, Shere Khan is still Mogli's senemy but he retreats when outnumbered by six wolves and was defeated by kaa twice.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvrzjqcLyE2x1TQvejwfq...4IDvD2d3Tt]
OldMan
I am going to be watching Jungle book film 2016 later on. Hope tiger some new input later one. Baloo in this version is lkie a Tibetan blue bear.
OldMan
If you had a chance to rewrite jungle book, what would you do? 
My story line:
Mowgli would still be friends with baloo and baaghera. Shere Khan white be a man eating tiger with blue eyes, pink nose, and pink pad paws and he will be known for attacking (not killing) elephants by scratching their trunks and even strike fear in Haithi's heart. Baloo will be a sloth bear and Baagheraa will be a black panther. Mowgli will be raised by wolves.
Kaa will be a powerful enemy and nearly eat Mowgli but Shere Khan will arrive and wanting the man cub for himself will fight with and injure the snake forcing her to retreat. I will finish the rest later. In the meantime please feel free to wite your own version of jungle book.

(01-09-2019, 08:12 PM)Fair Whisper Wrote: I'd have him be raised by dholes instead of wolves. It makes his story seem more distinctly Indian.

Fair whisperer, dholes sound like a good idea. I might just put that on my fan fiction.

(01-10-2019, 08:12 AM)ScottishWildcat Wrote: I agree that this thread isn't really needed. Why don't you kind of combine all of your Jungle Book discussion into one thread? All the others only have one or two replies at best

But since this is here, if I had to adapt it, I also like the idea of Shere Khan being a white tiger. It ties in well to his disablity and the fact he is inable to hunt. I wouldn't have him be an elephant killer, that's a little stupid. I would have Hathi (who I would make female) be the only one who can control Shere Khan, they have a brief fight but the elephant soundly wins. The tiger starts killing men to lure hunters into the jungle who shoot Hathi, leaving him to take the boy. Kaa attempts to eat Mowgli at first, but he escapes by jamming a stone into her (I'd also make her female) skin. Later he finds her wounded and dying, and because the theme is kindness>violence, he removes the stone and saves her life. As payment she rescues him from the monkeys later on etc etc.

But I think it would be best to separate it from India altogether. I'd also potentially have the story take place in Africa or North America

I deleted that unnecessary thread. True Shere Khan killing an elephant sounds stupid, therefore, I might make Shere Kahn, the white tiger known for attacking (not killing) elephants they way late Charger did.

If Jungle book happens in north america, a smilodon might make the new shere khan?

(12-23-2018, 04:35 PM)Old Tibetan Blue Bear Wrote: I am going to be watching Jungle book film 2016 later on. Hope tiger some new input later one. Baloo in this version is lkie a Tibetan blue bear.

Apologies, Baloo 2016 is a red bear/ Himalayan brown bear.

(12-23-2018, 04:35 PM)Old Tibetan Blue Bear Wrote: I am going to be watching Jungle book film 2016 later on. Hope tiger some new input later one. Baloo in this version is lkie a Tibetan blue bear.

Apologies, Baloo 2016 is a red bear/ Himalayan brown bear.
OldMan
Two question Scottishwildcat, If Jungle book were in north america who do you suggest will be a villian? Same goes for africa.
OldMan