Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which dog breeds can kill a "big male cheetah"?
Which dog breeds can kill well-fed big male cheetah ?
[Image: Male-African-golden-cat.jpg]
A lot. The oh no a swear word kind of question is this?

Edit - Taipan's censoring of curse words has me lmao right now.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
[-] The following 3 users Like Black Ice's post:
  • CanineCanis, Kazanshin, Ryo
Lots of dogs can kill Cheetahs larger than themselves.
Fila Brasileiro, Boerboel, Serbian Defence Dog, possibly Komondor, Caucasian Ovcharka, Alabai, Kangal, Boz Shepherd, Malak Dog, Tibetan Mastiff. There is a lot of choices out there.

Some would even argue the rare proper working Great Dane and Irish Wolfhound could beat a Cheetah, but I will leave that up to opinions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryo's post:
  • Kazanshin
Ditto to both above me. Cheetahs aren't best suited for fac2face combat. Just to name a few dogs that can kill a big male cheetah: great majority of working mastiff breeds, dogo argentino, American/Japanese Akita, Boerboel, Caucasian ovcharka, working male Canadian Inuit dog, Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound, etc... The list goes on.
Thx bros for good and satisfying lists .
[Image: Male-African-golden-cat.jpg]
I entirely forgot about the nasty and primitive Akita. An angry Spitz with the build of a Rottweiler.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryo's post:
  • Kazanshin
(12-06-2018, 08:37 AM)Ryo Wrote: I entirely forgot about the nasty and primitive Akita. An angry Spitz with the build of a Rottweiler.

The thing with them is that their matagi origins have taught them to go for the head, or at least for the nose if the foe is too big. I'd argue they're one of the top dogs for lbs/lbs fighter.
Cheetah are weakest cat pound for pound, but he can still kill a big dog. It will not be easy (unlike many other big cats). Cheetah lives among powerful animals so he looks very weak.
How on Earth would a Cheetah kill a big dog worth its salt? On the old forum, the most impressive dogs that were allowed to fight the Cheetah was the Fila Brasileiro, Great Dane and Irish Wolfhound and then lesser impressive dogs than these.