Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humans can theoretically run 40 MPH
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livesci...heory.html

Thoughts?
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
That can't possibly be true, can it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChocolateCake123's post:
  • Drift
Quote:While 40 mph may not impress the cheetah, the world's fastest land animal reaching speeds of 70 mph (112 kph), it's enough to escape a grizzly bear and much quicker than T. rex, which may have reached 18 mph (29 kph) during a good jog.
That is as fast as a lion can run.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvrzjqcLyE2x1TQvejwfq...4IDvD2d3Tt]
OldMan
Start training them to use no shoes, seeing as they supposedly strain our muscles more than being barefoot would.

The only way to test this idea is to experiment and train. If enough people can end up running at the same speed as Usain Bolt’s record, there is a higher chance this theory can be translated into physicality.
The muscle strength is not the only limiting factor though. The human metabolism also plays a role. We need energy to run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jinfengopteryx's post:
  • theGrackle
^In addition the skeleton and ligaments have a threshold of shock/stress that can be absorbed effectively. After that broken bones and torn ligaments can occur. I am not sure the theoretical limit. However, I think 30 mph/48 kmh is in the high range.

I am not quite sure I would even want to run that fast. I have wiped out going 35+ mph on a skateboard before, and it was not a good time. Major road rash.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
The fastest bi pedal creature is the ostrich, which is clocked @ 50mph.
I don't believe any human being is approaching those speeds with our grossly
limited morphology.
[Image: APVwP9.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shin's post:
  • Drift, theGrackle
(01-07-2019, 12:33 PM)ChocolateCake123 Wrote: That can't possibly be true, can it?

Agreed, This is just as tin foil as flat earth or vaxxer parents.
Nah. The fastest human maxes out at 27 mph. That's only 2 mph faster than your average gorilla, which has a top speed of 25 mph. The fastest human against the average gorilla only barely manages to top the ape's speed. And that's with years of training and conditioning. This sort reminds me of that statement made about 5 years ago that claimed humans only used 10% of their brain's capacity and if we reached 100%, we'd be able to move things with our mind. They even made a movie about it called Lucy.