Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tibetan Mastiff
0%
0 0%
Komodo Dragon
100.00%
8 100.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibetan Mastiff v Komodo Dragon
(06-13-2019, 03:25 AM)Black Ice Wrote: I mentioned a Leopard cause I knew somebody was going to see that and immediately go “Oh no I have to say the Leopard is superior!” and comment on it.

Just goes to show who can’t take a different opinion lol

some would call this an example of trolling...

You intentionally make comments with the expressed intent of aggravating & irritating certain
poster's; followed by your deflections, by assuming the role of victim- then you try to act as if you're
 above the very reactions that you intentionally inspire in others...

this is actually quite toxic...it's a form of gas lighting, and it really isn't healthy to be purposefully 
trying to subject other members of the forum to this type of malicious & deviant behavior...
[Image: APVwP9.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shin's post:
  • onlyfaizy786
(06-13-2019, 05:02 AM)Shin Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 03:25 AM)Black Ice Wrote: I mentioned a Leopard cause I knew somebody was going to see that and immediately go “Oh no I have to say the Leopard is superior!” and comment on it.

You intentionally make comments with the expressed intent of aggravating & irritating certain
poster's; followed by your deflections, by assuming the role of victim- then you try to act as if you're

this is actually quite toxic...it's a form of gas lighting, and it really isn't healthy to be purposefully 
trying to subject other members of the forum to this type of malicious & deviant behavior...

Oh look, another poster who (to no surprise) felt attacked by such a simple post.

Not my fault you’re predictable, maybe you should stop getting butthurt? Also I don’t assume the victim cause I deliberately said I posted that expecting somebody (like you) to get all pissy about it cause I said a lizard would eat their favorite kitty for breakfast.

Stop being a pansy. It’s not that serious. Pretty sure if I’d said the cat would eat the lizard and somebody got triggered you wouldn’t be bitching at me right now. Nobody likes a hypocrite.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black Ice's post:
  • Brogan
(06-13-2019, 03:29 AM)Bloodborne Wrote: Leopards find there way in every single match.

OT: a large Komodo Dragon kills any extant canid, including this dog, dosen't have the strength or speed to control the dragon before getting crippled by its bite.

I'm unsure about that. Whilst I wouldn't back a dog against a komodo dragon, re: wolves, a good example of wolf agility comes from Gray 1970 - "Each time the muskox charged forward, the wolf backed up, then instantly followed in again, moving so closely with the bull that they gave the impression of being tied nose to nose." Amongst other instances where the male wolf dodged muskox attacks and charges without being struck once, it showed the wolf could accurately gauge the bull's speed so it could follow it and make it's own attacks. The fact a wolf could back-track at the same speed as a charging muskox is impressive, and I'd also say as probably faster then a komodo could charge.

Combine this with the fact a skull bite from the wolf could well be fatal, and I.M.O the wolf stands a good chance of winning. If the wolf wasn't cautious and attempted to fight the dragon as it would another of its kind, it may well still kill the dragon but could likely die from the bloodloss due to the venomous bite shortly after.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canidae's post:
  • Black Ice
Edit: Nevermind
(06-13-2019, 05:54 AM)Canidae Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 03:29 AM)Bloodborne Wrote: Leopards find there way in every single match.

OT: a large Komodo Dragon kills any extant canid, including this dog, dosen't have the strength or speed to control the dragon before getting crippled by its bite.

I'm unsure about that. Whilst I wouldn't back a dog against a komodo dragon, re: wolves, a good example of wolf agility comes from Gray 1970 - "Each time the muskox charged forward, the wolf backed up, then instantly followed in again, moving so closely with the bull that they gave the impression of being tied nose to nose." Amongst other instances where the male wolf dodged muskox attacks and charges without being struck once, it showed the wolf could accurately gauge the bull's speed so it could follow it and make it's own attacks. The fact a wolf could back-track at the same speed as a charging muskox is impressive, and I'd also say as probably faster then a komodo could charge.

Combine this with the fact a skull bite from the wolf could well be fatal, and I.M.O the wolf stands a good chance of winning. If the wolf wasn't cautious and attempted to fight the dragon as it would another of its kind, it may well still kill the dragon but could likely die from the bloodloss due to the venomous bite shortly after.
It's a impressive account, but I remember reading that Muskox have been known to kill Wolves, sometimes even multiple wolves.

I'm not sure if a defensive charges from a Muskox are quicker than a Komodo Dragon doing a predatory charge, considering they can catch Deers and Monkeys, and have pretty impressive acceleration.
Canidae Wrote:
Bloodborne Wrote:Leopards find there way in every single match.

I agree id favour a grey wolf over a komodo. i think its certain a wolf wouldn't just steam in like it would against another wolf. domestic dogs dont have that same awareness of self preservation, and while in some encounters thats an advantage (terriers plowing through raccoons and cats ignoring the clawing and biting) in this case any canine that just steams in is going to get killed. the komodo would get outmanouvered and eventually the wolf would find a hold on the back of the lizards skull.
 [Image: 75TiAZC.jpg]
Honestly I find bait and wait tactics far more effective against an animal like a KD over trying to overpower and grapple down it. The danger factor is much higher in the latter tactic hence why I’d favor a Wolf over a KD but not a Leopard. Has nothing to do with Wolf v Leopard in any way, I just think that in that certain scenario the Wolf has the safer, more efficient tactic.

Of course though many people zone in on go “omg he said a Wolf is better than a Leopard oh nooooo I have to call him a fanboy!”

Note the above comment is not aimed at the posters above me, but in general.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
(06-13-2019, 03:54 AM)Ryo Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 02:59 AM)ApexBoy Wrote: While the leopard will more likely win against a Komodo, the mastiff is not as cursorial and also not too predator-wary. Thus, fluffy here loses to the lizard
What do you mean by the Mastiff not being as cursorial? Isn't it more so than the dragon like a typical Canid? And what do you mean by predator-wary? o_O

Made a mistake at the cursorial definition. I meant they won't be able to wrangle a dangerous reptile as effectively as a big cat or mustelid.

Yes. They are mostly less aware of predators compared to wild carnivores.

Go to 1:08 on the first video for the naive dog's mistake

Quote: Made a mistake at the cursorial definition. I meant they won't be able to wrangle a dangerous reptile as effectively as a big cat or mustelid.
Ahh, alright. Usually cursorial is used as a disadvantage argument, not advantage lol.

Quote:Yes. They are mostly less aware of predators compared to wild carnivores.
This is either bad bait or just stupid. Which one is it?
(06-13-2019, 05:22 AM)Black Ice Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 05:02 AM)Shin Wrote:

Oh look, another poster who (to no surprise) felt attacked by such a simple post.

Not my fault you’re predictable, maybe you should stop getting butthurt? Also I don’t assume the victim cause I deliberately said I posted that expecting somebody (like you) to get all pissy about it cause I said a lizard would eat their favorite kitty for breakfast.

Stop being a pansy. It’s not that serious. Pretty sure if I’d said the cat would eat the lizard and somebody got triggered you wouldn’t be bitching at me right now. Nobody likes a hypocrite.

Now he’s trying to justify his toxic narcissistic behaviors...the 
make shift attempts to deflect & project by an agent provocateur,
Who’s just been exposed...
[Image: APVwP9.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shin's post:
  • onlyfaizy786