Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conquistadors run the colonial gauntlet
An army of 5000 Conquistadors of Spain fight for the honor of Castille, Leon and Aragon, expanding the Spanish Empire beyond its limits!

[Image: be630da5a796b8f7402881ebcc60b657.jpg]

The Conquistadors are lead by an unnamed but competent leader and get their full numbers back after each round. They have 2500 infantry, 1500 arquebusiers and crossbowmen, 750 cavalry and 250 artillery crew with cannons.

Round 1: Azande army of 10 000 (6000 warriors, 3000 archers and 1000 musketmen)

[Image: azande_picture.jpg]

Round 2: Aztec army of 10 000 (5000 warriors, 2000 elite orders and 3000 archers)

[Image: aus_3_03_2.jpg]

Round 3: Maori army of 10 000 (6000 warriors, 3000 musketmen and 1000 arrow throwers, entrenched in a fortified Pa)

[Image: CnVKrC2W8AAafSQ.jpg]

Round 4: Apache army (early 1600) of 15 000 (4000 foot warriors, 5000 archers, 2000 musketmen, 4000 horsemen)

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Final round: Mughal of 7500 (3500 infantrymen, 1000 archer, 1000 musketeers, 1000 cavalrymen and 1000 artillery crewmen )

[Image: mughal-army-on.jpg]
Round 1: Spanish win due to armour and cavalry.

Round 2: The Spanish win (as they did in real life), due to metal armour, metal weapons, guns and cavalry.

Round 3: I think the Maori would win due to having far more gunmen (and more advanced guns since the Maori are from the 1800's) and due to being inside a defensive fort.

Round 4: If these are the Apache from the Apache War of the 1800's, they'd win due to having superior guns.

Round 5: The Maratha stomped the Mughals in the the early 1600's. They also have far more guns and artillery than the Spanish here. The Maratha would win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lightning's post:
  • Kazanshin
I'll change the OP to make this clear, but the Apache are using smoothbore matchlocks from their early interaction with the Spaniards in the 1600s. Also, Lightning, do you have any ideas as an alternative to the Maratha? I feel like they'd curbstomp the Spaniards with their numbers, superior artillery and firearms.
(07-01-2019, 09:28 PM)Kazanshin Wrote: Also, Lightning, do you have any ideas as an alternative to the Maratha? I feel like they'd curbstomp the Spaniards with their numbers, superior artillery and firearms.

Mughals from the 1500's?
Yeah, that would be better. Off to edit it.
If the Apache are from the 1600's, the Spanish win due to armour, artillery and likely superior marksmanship since they Spanish have been using guns for a long time whilst the Apache have only just began using it.

Spanish vs Mughals: The Portuguese stomped the Calicut Indians at the Battle of Cochin in 1504, Kolathunadu and Calicut Indians at the Siege of Cannanore in 1507, the Gujurati Indians at the Battle of Diu in 1509 and Siege of Diu in 1538 and another Siege of Diu in 1546 despite the Indians usually had overwhelming numerical advantage. But these were mostly naval battles and sieges rather than open battles. As for the match here, I think the Spanish have better armour their espada ropera sword would have more raw power and be better at thrusting than the Mughal talwar, thus the Spanish swords are better designed for fighting armoured opponents. Also, the Spanish alabarda halberds will be superior to Mughal sang spears and the Spanish bow is more powerful than the Mughal one. In fact, I think the talwar and the Mughal arrows would struggle quite a lot against Spanish armour. But the Mughals have more soldiers and, most importantly, 4x as much artillery. Thus, I'm not sure who wins overall. I think the Spanish would dominate at close range but the Mughals can pummel them with artillery before it gets to that. If the artillery has good enough reload time that is.
Looks like I might have understimated the achievements of the Conquistadors, because you don't seem to have a discord profile, could you tell me more of what they have done here?
<br>
(07-02-2019, 03:57 AM)Aztec Wrote: Looks like I might have understimated the achievements of the Conquistadors, because you don't seem to have a discord profile, could you tell me more of what they have done here?

You mean in Mexico? Here is the wikipedia article about the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_co...tec_Empire

In the Battle of Otumba, 500 Spanish conquistadors and a few hundred Tlaxcalans defeated 10,000 to 20,000 Aztecs. The Spanish cavalry attacked and decimated the Aztec lines. Meanwhile, Cortes charged and killed the Aztec leader Matlatzincatl, after which the Aztecs eventually began to retreat and got routed by the Spanish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Otumba#Battle
Other than the conquest of the aztec empire, because I don't consider fighting a empire that suffered from a epidemic impressive. With some of the leaders probably being dead and majority of the warriors not being able to perform at full capacity playing a major role.

I am also skeptical that the Conquistadors did the majority of the work when they weren't even 1/3 of 300,000 and had significant help from rival tribes.

You know what this might also apply to the inca no? Although they fought the Conquistadors after having a major civil war.
<br>
(07-02-2019, 08:59 AM)Aztec Wrote: Other than the conquest of the aztec empire, because I don't consider fighting a empire that suffered from a epidemic impressive. With some of the leaders probably being dead and majority of the warriors not being able to perform at full capacity playing a major role.

I am also skeptical that the Conquistadors did the majority of the work when they weren't even 1/3 of 300,000 and had significant help from rival tribes.

You know what this might also apply to the inca no? Although they fought the Conquistadors after having a major civil war.

Smallpox and the other tribes helped the Spanish throughout the duration of the conquest of the Aztec Empire but did not help them in the Battle of Otumba, which they won fair and square. I doubt any of the Aztecs in the battle had smallpox because, if they did, they'd have been dead rather than fighting in a battle. And there were only a few natives helping the Spanish at Otumba and it's clear the Spanish did most of the work themselves when you read about the battle.

Nevertheless, here is a list of all the wars Spain was involved in in the 1500's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wa...burg_Spain

As you can see, the Spanish usually won, including when they were fighting against other Europeans, Asians or Africans.