Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Predator - prey relationships
(02-10-2019, 11:03 AM)Panterina Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 10:31 AM)Shin Wrote: You're a new poster. In time, you to will learn of the
limitations of these primates. We've been over this theme
many-many times. Chimps are seriously, very poor at killing...

Also, Leopards can & have killed Baboons; with females even routinely
killing large males-while in the presence of the whole troop.

Yeah I'm new on a forum, but I have watched animals all my life so that really doesn't matter..
Depends on situations, you can show that video and I can show you a video where a female leopard leaves her cub to flee from a troop of baboons. And I have never said a chimpanzee is a great killer, but as a group they can beat a leopard to death without a question. I can see there are many members here that like the leopard very much (so do I), but I can see many here also tend to overrate the leopard. To think a leopard would beat 5 chimpanzees are outright fanatical. 
And I never said they where great killing machines but they would pull, hit, bite and kick the leopard to death. So despite them not being great killers, they are strong and ferocious enough to kill an animal like leopard. 

One on one, outnumbered two to one the leopard would win 100% because they are amazing and powerful animals, but one more chimp then it would be starting to get difficult for a leopard.

meanwhile, in reality-the mere sight of even a mechanized Leopard, sends the Chimps into a
frenzied stated of panic and terror. Leopards have held there own against multiple Lions,
Hyenas & AWD's. The damage output a Leopard is capable of is considerable, and more
than capable of dispatching a single chimpanzee in  seconds-quite literally. Multiple chimps would
also be seriously injured-if they actually managed to corner any adult Leopard, if they were to press
there attack.

Ape skin is also extremely vulnerable to clawing and lacerations. Even multiple chimps would not
be able to stand up to a Leopard. Most often, the outcome would involve numerous injured chimps
with the Leopard eventually escaping such situations.
[Image: APVwP9.gif]
"meanwhile, in reality-the mere sight of even a mechanized Leopard, sends the Chimps into a
frenzied stated of panic and terror."

Based off a single video... Anyway leopards are their main natural predator so it makes sense that the cat's presence makes them agitated and at times fearful, but their audacity level (just as in animals overall) varies from an individual to another.
                               [Image: MG_6373-960x500_c.jpg]
(02-10-2019, 11:25 AM)Shin Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 11:03 AM)Panterina Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 10:31 AM)Shin Wrote: You're a new poster. In time, you to will learn of the
limitations of these primates. We've been over this theme
many-many times. Chimps are seriously, very poor at killing...

Also, Leopards can & have killed Baboons; with females even routinely
killing large males-while in the presence of the whole troop.

Yeah I'm new on a forum, but I have watched animals all my life so that really doesn't matter..
Depends on situations, you can show that video and I can show you a video where a female leopard leaves her cub to flee from a troop of baboons. And I have never said a chimpanzee is a great killer, but as a group they can beat a leopard to death without a question. I can see there are many members here that like the leopard very much (so do I), but I can see many here also tend to overrate the leopard. To think a leopard would beat 5 chimpanzees are outright fanatical. 
And I never said they where great killing machines but they would pull, hit, bite and kick the leopard to death. So despite them not being great killers, they are strong and ferocious enough to kill an animal like leopard. 

One on one, outnumbered two to one the leopard would win 100% because they are amazing and powerful animals, but one more chimp then it would be starting to get difficult for a leopard.

meanwhile, in reality-the mere sight of even a mechanized Leopard, sends the Chimps into a
frenzied stated of panic and terror. Leopards have held there own against multiple Lions,
Hyenas & AWD's. The damage output a Leopard is capable of is considerable, and more
than capable of dispatching a single chimpanzee in  seconds-quite literally. Multiple chimps would
also be seriously injured-if they actually managed to corner any adult Leopard, if they were to press
there attack.o

Ape skin is also extremely vulnerable to clawing and lacerations. Even multiple chimps would not
be able to stand up to a Leopard. Most often, the outcome would involve numerous injured chimps
with the Leopard eventually escaping such situations.
Of course they are afraid and wants to get it away, chimps would never seek out leopards they want to avoid them at all costs and if they see one they want to chase it away. 
I said they would kill the leopard if it attacked them, and they would. 
And a lion could kill a leopard easily if they wanted too, but why risk losing an eye and get badly scratched. And with the chimps it is different because they fear the leopard, hyenas and lions don't. So when/if they are in a battle with a leopard it's fear and they defend themselves with all they have. 
And would all gang up on the leopard, 5 adult unarmed men could kill a female leopard, we would get scratched badly too, so why on earth wouldn't 5 chimpanzees much stronger than a human be able to do it? It makes very little sense..... the leopard would grab one chimp and the others would gang up and tear it up. 

Also I have never seen a video where hyenas actually try to kill the leopard, they can eat alongside each other. Hyenas aren't aggressive in the same way cats are, they want the food not kill a "competitor".. And they can sometimes be very tough and other times be very passive and easily spooked even Caracals I have seen keep three adult hyenas away. And I have seen a lone hyena drive away a lioness. 
Wild dogs are cautious with male leopards, but female leopards are quick up a tree if she meets a pack of wild dogs. A chimp is a much more formidable animal than a wild dog. 

And what I have to ask are you basing all this "chimpanzees aren't good killers" on? Because they don't hunt large prey? They aren't carnivores, they are just having meet as a snack, and aren't adapted to hunt large prey. Where you need claws and speed.... but in defense they are a different thing.
Quote:The baboons turned on the leopard and scared it away haha?, you are greatly overestimating the leopard (which I guess is your favorite animal?), because those chimps would tear it and beat it to death quickly. In India there are many cases of leopard being beaten to death by a mob of people. Numbers count and a group of male chimps are strong enough to kill a leopard in seconds...

There are many cases where wolf was killed by 1 human with bare hands.

Quote:Also I have never seen a video where hyenas actually try to kill the leopard, they can eat alongside each other. Hyenas aren't aggressive in the same way cats are, they want the food not kill a "competitor".. 

I have never seen a video where leopard actually try to kill the hyena. (Hyenas are more aggressive than leopards, baboons, chimpanzees, wolves.)

Except :

[Image: kfuEOxK.jpg]
[Image: nbDSGCp.jpg]
[Image: VcCnddv.jpg]

Quote:I have seen pictures of leopards trying to distract lions from her cubs, but no leopard would jump a lion or groups of chimps and hyenas.

Female leopard protects cub from hyena

[Image: binV6iI.jpg]
[Image: 5yfyunX.jpg]
[Image: qobWc6Y.jpg]
[Image: pJY3k1C.jpg]
Fish actually eat snakes. 

Snakes are found in fish stomachs many times:

Catfish eats Water Moccasin:

[Image: gWsIops.jpg]

Quote:Below is a photo from reader Jeff Marschuetz of a catfish he caught recently. Upon cleaning it, he noticed that the stomach was really full. Well, it was full of a big water moccasin and her babies. To quote Jeff, "Luckily enough for us they were dead." 

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/bas...sin#page-2
Vultures kills livestock /pregnant cow and newborn calf / (Spain) 

They kill as well as wolves (author's words)

I see I missed a lovely debate regarding chimpanzees.
Honestly if they’re such bad killers how did they do this:
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150728-...ut-monkeys
Pretty impressive considering they’re not actual carnivores. But I digress.

[Image: 1zegu49.jpg]
(02-19-2019, 06:04 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: Vultures kills livestock /pregnant cow and newborn calf / (Spain) 

They kill as well as wolves (author's words)

[Image: e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x...19-238.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kuri's post:
  • ScottishWildcat