Poll: King of the Theropods?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Carcharodontosaurus saharicus
0%
0 0%
Giganotosaurus carolinii
7.69%
1 7.69%
Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
0%
0 0%
Tyrannosaurus rex
76.92%
10 76.92%
Other (please specify)
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
King of the Theropods?
T-rex is the king of theropods, tyrannosaurids were the most advanced non-avian theropods. But the one that has a crown is cryolophosaurus.
[Image: 1200px-Cryolophosaurus_skeleton_mount_FMNH.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cryolophosaurus's post:
  • Drift
we dont know, other dinosaurs can be discovery, like the new one, who we discovery in mexico, yes he is smaller than this dinso, but i guess, we have things bigger than current dinosaurs, i am sure
(10-13-2018, 10:15 PM)microciraptor Wrote: we dont know, other dinosaurs can be discovery, like the new one, who we discovery in mexico, yes he is smaller than this dinso, but i guess, we have things bigger than current dinosaurs, i am sure

Kinda a copout answer there my dude.

Dynamoterror is... still significantly smaller than all of the listed theropods. I'm not sure what you're trying to say by bringing it into the discussion.

While I agree with you that we've only discovered a fraction of what is other there, I feel that it is worth stating that there's no point in saying 'we dont know' since that is a given. It's like saying "T. rex and Spinosaurus never met there's no point", most people who are debating that subject know that. For the sake of discussion, I think it is a better idea to discuss who holds the crown based on current theory and adjust our opinions as we learn more.
[Image: ltiZ2aC.jpg]
(10-18-2018, 02:51 AM)Maxilla Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 10:15 PM)microciraptor Wrote: we dont know, other dinosaurs can be discovery, like the new one, who we discovery in mexico, yes he is smaller than this dinso, but i guess, we have things bigger than current dinosaurs, i am sure

Dynamoterror is... still significantly smaller than all of the listed theropods. I'm not sure what you're trying to say by bringing it into the discussion.

While I agree with you that we've only discovered a fraction of what is other there, I feel that it is worth stating that there's no point in saying 'we dont know' since that is a given. It's like saying "T. rex and Spinosaurus never met there's no point", most people who are debating that subject know that. For the sake of discussion, I think it is a better idea to discuss who holds the crown based on current theory and adjust our opinions as we learn more.

i guess the chance of discovery a thing bigger than rexes are good, because the prey are enormous, sauropods can be at 30 meters more, soo, i guess, they no longer will be a creature with no predator, ok i am not talking about a giant dinosaur with 21 meters, but maybe anything with size of spino and musculature of rex, is probably, i not sure if the body of this creature can be fast and effective, but exist one chance of a thing bigger in the planet

since we have megalodon in water, ok ocean is bigger fauna , but we have this creatures because they evolve to kill large preysm i guess, not because of space in ocean, and large theropods in most of time are not a huge population in continent, to no have foodd
(10-18-2018, 08:46 PM)microciraptor Wrote:

i guess the chance of discovery a thing bigger than rexes are good, because the prey are enormous, sauropods can be at 30 meters more, soo, i guess, they no longer will be a creature with no predator, ok i am not talking about a giant dinosaur with 21 meters, but maybe anything with size of spino and musculature of rex, is probably, i not sure if the body of this creature can be fast and effective, but exist one chance of a thing bigger in the planet

since we have megalodon in water, ok ocean is bigger fauna , but we have this creatures because they evolve to kill large preysm i guess, not because of space in ocean, and large theropods in most of time are not a huge population in continent, to no have foodd

Please re-read my post and review the topic of this thread.
(10-19-2018, 01:01 AM)Maxilla Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 08:46 PM)microciraptor Wrote:

Please re-read ny post and review the topic of this thread.
i know i only told this because i see a lot of peoples idolizing dinosaur impacially, and if a larger and bulkier  and most adaptable one become a new discovery , these dudes can get a shock of reality, so, i feel the need to advise this to everyone here XDXD
(10-23-2018, 01:25 AM)microciraptor Wrote: i know i only told this because i see a lot of peoples idolizing dinosaur impacially, and if a larger and bulkier  and most adaptable one become a new discovery , these dudes can get a shock of reality, so, i feel the need to advise this to everyone here XDXD

What I'm saying is that your post is tangential and doesn't add anything of value to this discussion.
[-] The following 2 users Like Maxilla's post:
  • Drift, Jurassicdangerousdinosaur