Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a question and get a proper answer.
I am afraid I can't help you out with that. Maybe someone like Thalassophoneus can?
I have got another question: How many Sarkastodon to take down Diplodocus?
No idea. 55? Quite an absurd scenario actually.
[Image: TR23sAq.jpg?1]
I admit, battles featuring Cenozoic mammalian predators and dinosaurs interest me a lot
How many Archaeotherium to take down Mamenchisaurus?
And can somebody please explain the blogs on the Old Carnivora to me?
Quote:And can somebody please explain the blogs on the Old Carnivora to me?

Right up on the top of the page, where there is still the portal, search function, gallery, etc., you'd also have blogs. That would be a part of the forums separate from all the threads here, and members could create their own blogs, call their blogs whatever they liked, and post what they wanted there.

If I remember correctly, we can't do that anymore due to the movement in forum platforms.
[Image: 9wf8nho.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ausar's post:
  • ChocolateCake123
(10-07-2018, 11:05 PM)Ausar Wrote:
Quote:And can somebody please explain the blogs on the Old Carnivora to me?

Right up on the top of the page, where there is still the portal, search function, gallery, etc., you'd also have blogs. That would be a part of the forums separate from all the threads here, and members could create their own blogs, call their blogs whatever they liked, and post what they wanted there.

If I remember correctly, we can't do that anymore due to the movement in forum platforms.

A blog system can be added to this forum which is something I will look to do soon.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Are wolves as strong as male humans? In the old forum, Molosser convinced me that German Shepard Dogs are stronger than average women, but men are a different story
Is there any articles of 1920-1940 on Mexican jaguars? Apperantly there is some interesting sized specimens.

[Image: uz1T1RQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/jaxz7aT.jpg[/img]
How many Smilodon to bring down Argentinosaurus?
Probably dozens of them. Actually I think that this is such a mismatch that it is almost pointless.

Any studies on the claim "the part of the brain responsible for emotions is more complex in dolphins than in humans"?
I googled it and found a study about just that, which said yes ( Sorry Thalassophoneus but I cannot post a link; my device is a tablet)
How many Daeodon to take down Mamenchisaurus?
I'd say at least 31. Again, I am no expert this is just my guesstimate.
What do you think?
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
[-] The following 1 user Likes theGrackle's post:
  • ChocolateCake123
Unless you have enough to literally swarm the mamenchi, any rational number of them going up against the sauropod is essentially the equivalent of a horde of lemmings running off of a cliff

(Generally though, with smaller animals vs one larger animals, I tend to think that the larger animal will lose to its weight in the smaller animals)
[-] The following 2 users Like ScottishWildcat's post:
  • ChocolateCake123, theGrackle
(10-12-2018, 07:10 AM)theGrackle Wrote: I'd say at least 31. Again, I am no expert this is just my guesstimate.
What do you think?
I think I agree with the 1st part of what ScottishWildcat said. However, I only partially agree with the 2nd part of what he said. It all depends on the animals involved; I would favor 6 Utahraptor (smaller group) over the bigger Paraceratherium, but I would also favor 1 Deinonychus (bigger) over 4 smaller Velociraptors. As for bear dogs, creodonts, and entelodots against sauropods, I favor the sauropods because the mammals are not well equipped to deal damage to sauropods, while the sauripods can dish out a lot of it along with each hit. (No real biases here, my major bias is towards chocolate cake)
[-] The following 2 users Like ChocolateCake123's post:
  • ScottishWildcat, theGrackle
Are Nimravidae members true ancestor of cats ?

If not, relative with cats ?