Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has your pet ever killed anything?
My pet Yorkies and Jack Russells dogs frequently kill rats and mice

(08-18-2018, 05:12 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: My cat killed a fly and cockroach ) My wolf-dog killed a another stray dog in the 90's. 

Dog lived 9-10 years and was killed by my father.
Cat lived 11 years and died of cancer.
Now i have two cats.

Why would your father kill your dog and why did it kill a stray dog?
The lone wolf dies, while the pack survives...
My brother and I caught a couple of Mississippi mud turtles in the creek behind our house. We tried to feed them some kind of pellet food, but since they were wild caught, they wouldn't eat it. So, for the next 10+ years we would go to a pet shop weekly for live feeder fish. We loved letting the fish loose in the aquarium, and just watching these turtles hunt.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
(08-22-2018, 10:57 PM)Grawlix Wrote: My pet Yorkies and Jack Russells dogs frequently kill rats and mice

(08-18-2018, 05:12 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: My cat killed a fly and cockroach ) My wolf-dog killed a another stray dog in the 90's. 

Dog lived 9-10 years and was killed by my father.
Cat lived 11 years and died of cancer.
Now i have two cats.

Why would your father kill your dog and why did it kill a stray dog?

WolfDog was very sick. 
He was aggressive and attacked another dog.
My dog has attacked stray dogs before but it's with no serious injuries to either dog. Not intentional, but there's often times where I don't see a dog urinating on my property before my dog does and I have to chase him to the end of the street to stop him. Also loves chasing anything small in the bushes, be it rabbits or cats. He has yet to kill any animal though.
[Image: vlcsnap-2012-09-28-10h48m06s205.png]
My Dogs often kill/eats Flies out of air.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 50L1D's post:
  • theGrackle
My two dogs have never killed anything that I know of, but i don't think it's from a lack of trying. They regularly terrorize Gulf Coast toads in the back yard. The toad's secretions are the only thing stopping them. So the dogs just follow them around barking, and occasionally swipe at them.
Once my American bulldogs, Zombie, caught a bumble bee. He looked like he wanted to play with it, but the bee looked scared. I don't think I have ever seen fear in an insect's face, but I swear it was traumatized from the experience.
Lastly, a hawk tried to swoop in in on them, but realized that it made a mistake. This occurred at dusk, and my dogs are both black and white. My thinking was that the hawk only saw a small portion of the white, and figured it was a meal. When it realized that it was dive bombing two 90 lb (41 kg) animals, it tried to abort. Both dogs lunged for the hawk at the same time. I am not sure which, but one of them was able to rip out several feather. At this point the hawk, trying to balance itself in the air, starts heading straight for me. I was able to duck just in time to see it fly off in a very wobbly fashion until it was able to right itself and soar away.
My two cats have killed rats mice birds and snakes
By himself my dog have killed opossums snakes lizards and rabbits but when I go hunting with him we kill rabbits coons opossums I want to take him boar hunting but he gets pretty aggressive around other dogs and sometimes protective over the kills
The night is dark and full of terrors
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoundMaster's post:
  • theGrackle
My largest dog has a unusually high prey drive, each week I see him killing multiple crows, squirrels, small snakes and a full grown opposum, this morning my sister mentioned that a medium sized turtle managed to get in our backyard, she tried to save the turtle but my dog grabbed it first by the shell(cracking it) and carried it under the house.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aztec's post:
  • theGrackle
(09-17-2018, 04:06 AM)HoundMaster Wrote: My two cats have killed rats mice birds and snakes
By himself my dog have killed opossums snakes lizards and rabbits but when I go hunting with him we kill rabbits coons opossums I want to take him boar hunting but he gets pretty aggressive around other dogs and sometimes protective over the kills

What kind of dog do you have? I have an American bulldog. He's no hunter though, and getting pretty old now (so it maybe futile to train him at this point). I have never been hunting before, but I am interested in hunting boars. They are invasive where I live, and can been hunted year round with no limits. My brother-in-law shoots a few per year, and will give me any extra meat.
(09-19-2018, 03:47 AM)theGrackle Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 04:06 AM)HoundMaster Wrote: My two cats have killed rats mice birds and snakes

What kind of dog do you have? I have an American bulldog. He's no hunter though, and getting pretty old now (so it maybe futile to train him at this point). I have never been hunting before, but I am interested in hunting boars. They are invasive where I live, and can been hunted year round with no limits. My brother-in-law shoots a few per year, and will give me any extra meat.

Board are invasive where I live too but a catahoula cur and wolf mix I need a new pic but I will show you.
  • theGrackle
@theGrackle, if that is true, than wild boars are to Texas what crayfish are to Ontario. For me, I am going to get into moose and goose hunting. Enjoy the pork your brother gives you!
Mmm, chocolate cake
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChocolateCake123's post:
  • theGrackle
@theGrackle here’s him 1 year ago haven’t seen him since but bro and dad says he’s like 80-90lbs but prob outta shape cuz I ain’t working him but he’s good at trailing but too aggressive towards prey and other ppl/dogs to effectively hunt boar but yea mainly I want him to trail and bay after the shot but need another to give him back up if he want something to catch which he’ll probably do cuz he a scrappy mofo
[img]blob:https://carnivora.net/5e200a30-f48e-4782-8a45-abe370f33eb8[/img][img]blob:https://carnivora.net/f868db9e-97f6-461f-8f52-17b38383e94b[/img]
Sorry for bad quality won’t sit still
  • theGrackle