Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some animals you wish were domesticated?
Madmustelid Wrote:Let's assume many more animals were domesticated than those currently domesticated, which species of undomesticated animals would you like to see domesticated?
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
We need more domesticated mustelids. Wolverine and ratel, I suppose.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
Yellow-throated Martens according to a Wiki source I can't get are: "It shows little fear of humans or dogs, and is easily tamed." yet I haven't found a single picture, not even a Zoo picture of them next to humans.

Anyway, Fishers and YT Martens would be interesting due to their great size and could be good hunters of game with people. The Yellow-throated Marten literally hunts in groups from 1 to 4 (maybe rarely more) which could also be interesting in few scenarios to see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryo's post:
  • theGrackle
Thylacines if they still were alive, for now, tiger quolls or kangaroos should do imo. I don't know why, but I find marsupials pretty interesting compared to placentals.
(ง ื▿ ื)ว
[-] The following 1 user Likes Are thou sleepy's post:
  • HoundMaster
I agree. I really underrate Marsupials in fights, but for whatever reason, I am highly fascinated of them. I literally did a search for all the American Marsupials I could find, and found a few that I wished we had more data on, most being related to the Opossum. But yes, Kangaroos and Tiger Quolls would be interesting. Australia is already considering if they should scrap Placental pets and instead domesticate Marsupials.
We as a species missed a huge opportunity when we didn’t domesticate pinnipeds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • theGrackle
(08-18-2018, 10:44 AM)Ryo Wrote: I agree. I really underrate Marsupials in fights, but for whatever reason, I am highly fascinated of them. I literally did a search for all the American Marsupials I could find, and found a few that I wished we had more data on, most being related to the Opossum. But yes, Kangaroos and Tiger Quolls would be interesting. Australia is already considering if they should scrap Placental pets and instead domesticate Marsupials.

I'd support that project to some extent, but scrapping all placental pets seems a little too harsh imo. And we have to consider, how would they do it? Move them to other countries outside of Australia? Kill them? People would also fight back against the idea, it'd be chaos.

And if Australia was doing such a thing, although not pets, I'd consider getting rid of the invasive cats, foxes, boars, and the DEADLY CANE TOAD first. But marsupial pets?..... Sign me in!
(ง ื▿ ื)ว
I really wish either Dire Wolves or Epicyon Haydendi were domesticated. I could only imagine the cool variety of dog breeds that would be possible. Hyenas too would be a awesome domestiction. And if I really want to go far out, a domesticated dromosaur like deinonyicus would be the ultimate guard dog imo.
[Image: Grant-Atkinson-Chiefs-Camp-_Y8A4541.CR2_0276.jpg]
Aren't some Mustelid types.. naturally... quite objectionably odiferous?

That may well be a significant impediment.. to any 'pet value' as per.. 'domestication' purposes..

& what useful 'work' could they do, any better than a well-bred/trained canid?
I think that otters, owls and penguins should be domesticated. Not really sure about owls, but otters and penguins would be great pets.
[Image: 1200px-Cryolophosaurus_skeleton_mount_FMNH.jpg]
Honestly I prefer my favourite animals stay free.