Poll: Favorite King Kong movie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
King Kong (1933)
0%
0 0%
Son of Kong (1933)
0%
0 0%
King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
0%
0 0%
King Kong Escapes (1967)
0%
0 0%
King Kong (1976)
0%
0 0%
King Kong Lives (1986)
0%
0 0%
King Kong (2005)
50.00%
2 50.00%
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite King Kong movie?
Title explains it pretty much. What's your favorite King Kong movie?

Mine would have to be Kong: Skull Island. I had lots of dumb fun with it and definitely felt like a throwback to one of those old giant monster movies. After that the original follows it.

Ironically Peter Jackson's King Kong was my least favorite. By no means a bad movie. I thought it was at best decent but flawed. Beautifully shot and well designed but gone damn way too long of a movie. Didn't need to be over three hours. Two hours would had worked. Over bloated with stuff not needed, lots of excess (Especially the V-Rex fight) and scenes dragged on making it at times boring especially the first hour. I understand Jackson was passionate being the original was his favorite movie and tried making this a perfect movie and do admit his heart was in the right place but sometimes less is more and more is bad. I don't mind 3 hour movies but if you're gonna do that then you have to pace them well. This movie wasn't one of those.

That's just my honest opinion though. You're free to disagree.
I actually found Kong: Skull Island to be rather enjoyable, but my favorite's still gotta be the Peter Jackson film. Yeah, it does feel kind of long and perhaps they could have just cut to the case at times, but the good stuff in the film more than makes up for it IMO. I liked the V. rex fight (he took on freaking three of them!), I liked Ann's relationship with Kong, and I really liked how Kong was portrayed. The fact that he wasn't simply a gigantic brute of an ape was really made solid to me.

These are the only two King Kong films I've ever seen, though.
[Image: tumblr_n237ts3Mel1tst46wo2_r1_1280.jpg]
My favourite is the 2005 version. The Skull Island scenes and the representation of Kong were fantastic. Second would be the one from 1976. Jessica Lange is rather hot in that movie.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Yeah ^, I concur.. although the original from `33.. still has a certain.. 'gritty' appeal..