Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bengal Tiger on land and in water
4.26%
2 4.26%
Bengal Tiger on Land, SWC in Water
38.30%
18 38.30%
SWC on land, Bengal Tiger in water
2.13%
1 2.13%
Saltwater Crocodile on land and in water
55.32%
26 55.32%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengal Tiger v Saltwater Crocodile
(05-19-2019, 07:21 AM)Black Ice Wrote: All that is irrelevant to the fact crocodiles kill lions just as much as vice versa.

Now you can stop with the irrelevant hunting accounts and old wives tales and be a bit more productive. Otherwise you’re wasting everyone’s time.

What have you done productive which contributes to the thread?

You actually admitted it was a hunting account.
That sure is productive.

Happen to show me all the accounts of crocodiles killing lions without ambushing them, as a result?
That would be alluring
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ferox's post:
  • Sher Khan
"It says the "tiger sprang on top of the rhino from higher bank and broke the neck".
Most likely refers to tiger biting on nape of the rhino and sprang over it by putting pressure on bite"

As far I remember none of these photos  (posted by wildlife photographer)show "higher bank"
But even if ,cmon man.Pure fantasmagory.
(05-19-2019, 07:21 AM)Black Ice Wrote: All that is irrelevant to the fact crocodiles kill lions just as much as vice versa.

Now you can stop with the irrelevant hunting accounts and old wives tales and be a bit more productive. Otherwise you’re wasting everyone’s time.

No, stop twisting things around.

Predatation has nothing to do with a s serious fight to death - just because the croc can kill a lion by ambush does not mean that will happen in a serious fight to death.

Just because you don't likethose accounts does not make them irrelevant.

And stop being hypocritical. You have added nothing of value to this thread.

@Warsaw

Believe it or not, tiger predatation on rhinos has indeed happened in the past.
(05-19-2019, 07:49 AM)Mondas Wrote: @ Black Ice, what is the source of your quote?

"Reportedly" is the best claim, so... kinda weak too, huh.

& as for your claim, "...just as often."

Well, if that were true, why haven't we seen any legit video showing crocs taking big cats,
- under any circumstances?

What? There’s videos of singular crocodiles bullying multiple lions lmao.

You have people asking what I’m contributing to this thread like they’ve added anything worthwhile here themselves and I’m just like, are y’all serious?

Just a question though, if I do post the source are you gonna actually acknowledge it or just go back to saying the same stuff you’ve always said like these other guys are doing?
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black Ice's post:
  • Godzilla2020
(05-20-2019, 01:04 AM)Warsaw Wrote: As far I remember none of these photos  (posted by wildlife photographer)show "higher bank"

If I recall correctly, there's only one image covering tiger feeding on rhino kill, behind it forest. 
I'm not sure one image is going to cover all angles.

Warsaw Wrote:But even if ,cmon man.Pure fantasmagory.
I can't do anything if you don't want to believe it. But it's a modern day witnessed, fairly accurate account. The guy is running a whole page on kaziranga. You can check out if you want..
[Image: 16675.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Venom's post:
  • Sher Khan
If I recall correctly, there's only one image covering tiger feeding on rhino kill, behind it forest.
I'm not sure one image is going to cover all angles.

Only one OK .It's much worse than I thought.

I can't do anything if you don't want to believe it. But it's a modern day witnessed, fairly accurate account. The guy is running a whole page on kaziranga. You can check out if you want..

It says the "tiger sprang on top of the rhino from higher bank and broke the neck".

Most likely refers to tiger biting on nape of the rhino and sprang over it by putting pressure on bite.

Finally the neck was broken by impact from "spranging tiger" or by "biting on nape of the rhino and sprang over it by putting pressure on bite"?This seems unlikely in both cases.

The guy is running a whole page on kaziranga. You can check out if you want..
And again.Its  just a story.But is the story based on reality?
(05-20-2019, 06:31 AM)Warsaw Wrote: Only one OK .It's much worse than I thought.
So you're making conclusions without looking at the source? LOL.

Quote:Finally the neck was broken by impact from "spranging tiger" or by "biting on nape of the rhino and sprang over it by putting pressure on bite"?This seems unlikely in both cases.
Perhaps it is only unlikely for you. 

Quote:And again.Its  just a story.But is the story based on reality?

How can you say that? 
He's not a folktale writer. He's a photographer...
(05-20-2019, 04:29 AM)Black Ice Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 07:49 AM)Mondas Wrote: @ Black Ice, what is the source of your quote?

"Reportedly" is the best claim, so... kinda weak too, huh.

& as for your claim, "...just as often."

Well, if that were true, why haven't we seen any legit video showing crocs taking big cats,
- under any circumstances?

What? There’s videos of singular crocodiles bullying multiple lions lmao.

You have people asking what I’m contributing to this thread like they’ve added anything worthwhile here themselves and I’m just like, are y’all serious?

Just a question though, if I do post the source are you gonna actually acknowledge it or just go back to saying the same stuff you’ve always said like these other guys are doing?

Huh? 

"You have people"?

No. They are commenting for themselves.

However, your claims are unsupported by any reasonable sources, so there it is.
Komododo Wrote:Well, post those sources then please. Because multiple sources claim that Machli killed the tiger in 2002.
*Killed the crocodile in 2003

Anyway, here's the source saying otherwise...
Quote:New Delhi: It is unimaginable, but yes she did it, the 17-year-old royal 'Machli' killed a 14-foot-long crocodile in a legendary fight.

Worth mentioning because of her fighting skills, 'Machli' is a tigress. It is said that most of the tiger population in Ranthambore and Sariska tiger reserves are her lineage as her female cubs have helped in re-populating.

The most noticeable thing about Machali is her name. It is named so since she has the fish shaped marking on the left part of her face.
Source: https://zeenews.india.com/news/india/wat...39722.html
  • Sher Khan
Quote:Anyway, here's the source saying otherwise...

.....I ltterlly addressed this exact source. There is a youtube video of the machli killing the crocodile that was posted 2006 and she apparently died in 2016 at age 19.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017...nthambore/

That means at the very latest she had to have fought the crocodile in 2006 and if she was 17 at that time she would have lived to the age of 27....

Not to mention that article makes the absurd claimed that she had killed the crocodile recently

Quote:But in the fierce battle, which was filmed recently, the ferocious tigress

Even though the article was published in 2015:

Quote:Jul 31, 2015, 20:36 PM IST

Seriously, talk about cherry picking.
(Yesterday, 04:29 AM)Komododo Wrote: .....I ltterlly addressed this exact source. There is a  youtube video of the machli killing the crocodile that was posted 2006 and she apparently died in 2016 at age 19.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017...nthambore/

That means at the very latest she had to have fought the crocodile in 2006 and if she was 17 at that time she would have lived to the age of 27....

Not to mention that article makes the absurd claimed that she had killed the crocodile recently.

Quote:But in the fierce battle, which was filmed recently, the ferocious tigress

Even though the article was published in 2015:

Quote:Jul 31, 2015, 20:36 PM IST

Seriously, talk about cherry picking.

Well, I'm not claiming the article I posted is reliable than yours. Neither claiming she killed the croc at her 17 years of age.
But you asked me to post the source (that I said saying otherwise). And I found it accidentally.

But it's still debatable that it really occured around 2003. 

Like this source is a bit detailed, and is reliable too. Saying machli killed crocodile in august 2005

Quote:Indeed, 2005-08 were some of the worst years or wild tigers in India. However, Ranthambhore recovered gradually and its amazing tigers continued to contribute to the world’s knowledge of wild tigers.

One such contribution was a first in the world of natural history and was recorded on film for the world to see. It was Machli’s first litter. When these cubs were nearly ten months old a remarkable event took place near the shores of Padam Talao and close to Jogi Mahal. It was related to me by my nephew Jaisal Singh. Machli and her three cubs were feeding on the remnants of a sambar at the edge of the lake. It was a hot day and the carcass stank. The waters of the lake had receded because of a drought the previous year. As a hot breeze blew an enormous crocodile got wind of the carcass and left the safety of the water to start his slow walk towards the smell. My nephew was watching Machli from the forest. Jaisal was unaware of the crocodile’s approach. Suddenly Machli became alert as the prehistoric reptile lumbered towards her. She watched intently and when it was about 25 feet from her she attacked it. The 12-foot crocodile was taken completely by surprise. He could not get back to the safety of the water and now had to confront a ferocious tigress out to defend her cubs and her kill. The crocodile put up a valiant struggle with flailing tail and snapping snout but it could not match the agility of the tigress. She was half his size but they battled for nearly an hour. Jaisal filmed the encounter from behind a bush. Machli grievously injured the crocodile. The next morning the tigers were gone and a chunk from the crocodile’s flank had been eaten. This was the first ever encounter between a tiger and crocodile in the wild to have been recorded. Ranthambhore’s tigers were once more rewriting the chronicles of natural history. That dry season Machli killed three more crocodiles. The shortage of water meant that crocodiles were moving from one pool to another more frequently and this made them much more vulnerable to the tigers’ attack.
Source: http://www.natgeotraveller.in/fierce-enc...d-to-head/

Let me make my points clear.

#1. Machli born in like 1996, and killed the croc in 2005. 9 years old when killing the croc. That is already out of her prime.

#2. The explanation of the fight, and the size of the croc seems accurate to me. It's probably the most accurate one in comparison with the others you posted.

#3. It is mentioned she also killed other crocs (no details are given). This also explains several misinterpretations of this incident in different sites.
[-] The following 3 users Like Venom's post:
  • Ferox, onlyfaizy786, Sher Khan
Quote:Well, I'm not claiming the article I posted is reliable than yours. Neither claiming she killed the croc at her 17 years of age.
But you asked me to post the source (that I said saying otherwise). And I found it accidentally.

Why bring up a source that I have already debunked and is clearly factually incorrect? I was obviously asking for a reliable source not any source that provided contradictory information.

Quote:#1. Machli born in like 1996, and killed the croc in 2005. 9 years old when killing the croc. That is already out of her prime.

Where did it say she killed the crocodile in 2005?

The only mention of a date was this line:

Quote:Indeed, 2005-08 were some of the worst years or wild tigers in India. However, Ranthambhore recovered gradually and its amazing tigers continued to contribute to the world’s knowledge of wild tigers.

But your article never specifically states what year machli killed the crocodile.

Granted: that line could be establishing Valmik is only speaking of those three years but it is quite honestly vague and unclear.

Quote:#2. The explanation of the fight, and the size of the croc seems accurate to me. It's probably the most accurate one in comparison with the others you posted.

It is more detailed because the article you posted was specifically speaking about machali killing tigers whereas the articles I posted where essentially a tribute to her overall life.

Quote:#3. It is mentioned she also killed other crocs (no details are given).

It also mentioned that there was a large drought at the time, which negatively effected the crocodile.

Quote: This also explains several misinterpretations of this incident in different sites.

What misinterpretations? Just because the other articles didn't mention these other indcidents didn't mean they misinterpreted anything. They likely only mentioned the video taped battle between the machali and the crocodile because it was the most famous one and the most impressive one.
:So you're making conclusions without looking at the source? LOL."

The source ="only one image covering tiger feeding on rhino kill, "
with a strange and suspicious comment is not enough.
"The tiger sprang on to the top of the rhino from the higher bank of the swamp and broke the rhino’s neck before it could put up much of a fight! "
Broke the rhino neck, really?

"The tiger then gorged himself with its prize prey allowing many images and poses."
Why is there only one photo?

Perhaps it is only unlikely for you.

Wait a moment."So you're making conclusions without looking at the source?"
The source clearly state that

"The tiger sprang on to the top of the rhino from the higher bank of the swamp and broke the rhino’s neck before it could put up much of a fight! "

"How can you say that?
He's not a folktale writer. He's a photographer... "
Who made only one photo  with strange comment
(Yesterday, 07:12 AM)Komododo Wrote: Why bring up a source that I have already debunked and is clearly factually incorrect? I was obviously asking for a reliable source not any source that provided contradictory information.
Already debunked? What?
No one posted this source before in this discussion. So how did you Debunked it? Eh?

I just posted it because you asked for. Nothing else.
And everything is contradictory even in the sources you provided.

Quote:Where did it say she killed the crocodile in 2005?

The only mention of a date was this line:

Quote:Indeed, 2005-08 were some of the worst years or wild tigers in India. However, Ranthambhore recovered gradually and its amazing tigers continued to contribute to the world’s knowledge of wild tigers.

But your article never specifically states what year machli killed the crocodile.
They were talking about one time period in ranthombore~2005. And they talking about machli killing crocodile incident. 

Quote:It is more detailed because the article you posted was specifically speaking about machali killing tigers whereas the articles I posted where essentially a tribute to her overall life.
Which are doesn't has to be accurate about the incident. 
Anyways, in general more detailed information>less detailed information. 
And the site of it was also reliable. 

Quote:It also mentioned that there was a large drought at the time, which negatively effected the crocodile.
Never denied that. Read my sentence totally.

Quote:What misinterpretations? Just because the other articles didn't mention these other indcidents didn't mean they misinterpreted anything. They likely only mentioned the video taped battle between the machali and the crocodile because it was the most famous one and the most impressive one.

Misinterpretations like...
"Machli killed 14 ft long crocodile"
"Machli lost two canines in the fight with crocodile"
"Machli killed croc in 2003(some say 2002, some say 2014)."

The sources you provided also said it was a 14ft long crocodile. Would you agree with that? 

And my question still remains the same:
Like how exactly she killed the crocodile if her two canines are broken when crocodile was struggling?
Because struggling means the croc is alive.
So, that is also a misinterpretation from your sources.

(Yesterday, 07:42 AM)Warsaw Wrote: The source ="only one image covering tiger feeding on rhino kill, "
with a strange and suspicious comment is not enough.
And it's weird seeing you calling a Facebook post/article as "photo and comment"
Quote:Broke the rhino neck, really?
Yes really.
Quote:Why is there only one photo?
We can't explain the situation of taking photograph. 
It may happened unfortunately, before photographer took a picture.
Because it's not a staged movie scene. So we can't ask why he haven't pictured all.

Quote:Who made only one photo  with strange comment

One photo doesn't mean it's not reliable. Since "Rajarshi banerji" is a known photographer. It is fairly accurate..
  • Sher Khan