Poll: Which of the following animals will the jaguar be able to defeat at equal weights (ignoring square cube law)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bengal tiger
9.09%
2 9.09%
Brown rat
27.27%
6 27.27%
Southern grasshopper mouse
9.09%
2 9.09%
Stoat
13.64%
3 13.64%
Peregrine falcon
9.09%
2 9.09%
Asian giant mantis
4.55%
1 4.55%
Amazonian giant centipede
9.09%
2 9.09%
Emperor scorpion
4.55%
1 4.55%
Asian giant hornet
9.09%
2 9.09%
The jaguar would lose to all of them
4.55%
1 4.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pantanal jaguar runs the weight parity gauntlet
(09-01-2018, 08:50 PM)Jake Simmonds Wrote: if the jaguar gets on the hornets back it will bite its head off.
and a mouse would NEVER beat any cat at purity.

it has a bite, big deal, jaguar has a super strong bite aswell as claws also its a killer knows how to kill, a damn mouse doesnt.

Jaguar can kill crocodiles so it wont lose to a stupid mouse.

ALso I do agree the centipede and hornet would be difficult
Jesus you keep repeating Crocodiles over and over again its hard to believe youre not trolling. Jaguars mostly kill Caimans not Crocodiles and if if they ever did it would be of the smaller species. It takes a Tiger to kill an Mugger Croc which are smaller than them in drawn out fights. Also a Jaguar biting a Hornets its own size head off by jumping on its back is physically impossible and I doubt bites to the head and throat grips would ever work on insects which biologically work much differently than mammals
The lone wolf dies, while the pack survives...
I actually wonder how the exoskeleton of the hornet compares to the scutes of a crocodilian at equal weights, but yeah doesn't matter if its a invertebrate, getting your head punctured will definitely kill you even if not right away.

I actually consider arthropods quite underestimated because of their size despite that relatively to it's body mass, most are much stronger than most vertebrates despite their appearance.

I would consider the centipede above the scorpion, since it would wrap itself in the jaguar before trying to bite, while the scorpion only actual offensive weapon are it's claws which are limited in gape compared to a crabs.

Still I would favor the jaguar over the centipede, mantis, rodents, mustelid and the falcon but I actually don't know how it would deal with the hornet though, since this insect is highly versatile.

It has flight, a huge stinger relative to it's size with venom to kill human sized or even larger sized animals, pincers  to counter a frontal bite and very hard armor, know it first hand since tried to crush a different smaller sized species of hornet with my bare hands.
(09-15-2018, 01:46 AM)Aztec Wrote: I actually wonder how the exoskeleton of the hornet compares to the scutes of a crocodilian at equal weights, but yeah doesn't matter if its a invertebrate, getting your head punctured will definitely kill you even if not right away.

I actually consider arthropods quite underestimated because of their size despite that relatively to it's body mass, most are much stronger than most vertebrates despite their appearance.

I would consider the centipede above the scorpion, since it would wrap itself in the jaguar before trying to bite, while the scorpion only actual offensive weapon are it's claws which are limited in gape compared to a crabs.

Still I would favor the jaguar over the centipede, mantis, rodents, mustelid and the falcon but I actually don't know how it would deal with the hornet though, since this insect is highly versatile.

It has flight, a huge stinger relative to it's size with venom to kill human sized or even larger sized animals, pincers  to counter a frontal bite and very hard armor, know it first hand since tried to crush a different smaller sized species of hornet with my bare hands.
Getting its head torn off would kill the insect but thats physically impossible considering this is a parity match and getting a simple puncture or a small portion removed from its head like Jags usually do when they skull bite wont
The lone wolf dies, while the pack survives...