Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cape Leopard
75.00%
3 75.00%
Cimarrón Uruguayo
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cape Leopard v Cimarrón Uruguayo
(09-14-2018, 11:12 PM)Forbiddenip Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 10:10 AM)Are thou sleepy Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 05:47 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: Ocelot can kill dog (not a small dog) What can leopard...

https://vi-vn.facebook.com/jornal.expres...4366772985
https://claudemirpereira.com.br/2017/10/...am-mortas/
They weren't even certain that it was an ocelot that caused the attacks. To me, it looks like a puma attack. And if it was an ocelot, it looks like these dogs didn't even bother fighting back and just let the cat chew them up. Besides, I'm certain a fighting dog that's highly bred can take one of these cats (The ocelot!) for a spin at parity.

They were working dogs for hunting wild pigs which were probably killed by ocelot or puma. Dog that was killed puma would have been eaten / dragged by puma.

Yeah, but they don't really attack the pigs if that's what you mean by hunting, although there's no evidence to deny this here since they're dead, most hunting dogs bark at a target, harass it and tire it out. Dogs have pretty good stamina for a reason! May as well use it for something like this, yeah? And, I'm still not sure if it was really caused by an ocelot. For some reason, I have trouble believing that lol.. But from what I said earlier, perhaps the dog wasn't in the mood to fight and just got shocked from the attack?.. Most likely if it was caused by an ocelot.
[Image: SRKsy6Q.gif]
(09-14-2018, 11:18 PM)Are thou sleepy Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 11:12 PM)Forbiddenip Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 10:10 AM)Are thou sleepy Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 05:47 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: Ocelot can kill dog (not a small dog) What can leopard...

https://vi-vn.facebook.com/jornal.expres...4366772985
https://claudemirpereira.com.br/2017/10/...am-mortas/
They weren't even certain that it was an ocelot that caused the attacks. To me, it looks like a puma attack. And if it was an ocelot, it looks like these dogs didn't even bother fighting back and just let the cat chew them up. Besides, I'm certain a fighting dog that's highly bred can take one of these cats (The ocelot!) for a spin at parity.

They were working dogs for hunting wild pigs which were probably killed by ocelot or puma. Dog that was killed puma would have been eaten / dragged by puma.

Yeah, but they don't really attack the pigs if that's what you mean by hunting, although there's no evidence to deny this here since they're dead, most hunting dogs bark at a target, harass it and tire it out. Dogs have pretty good stamina for a reason! May as well use it for something like this, yeah? And, I'm still not sure if it was really caused by an ocelot. For some reason, I have trouble believing that lol.. But from what I said earlier, perhaps the dog wasn't in the mood to fight and just got shocked from the attack?.. Most likely if it was caused by an ocelot.

Dog without owner-hunter loses power of owner-hunter.
It is almost physically impossible for an Ocelot to kill a dog of this kind if the latter is actually willing to fight. Neck is too strong, so no neck bites. Throat bite? Choking takes time, the dog could potentially get out, if not out right grab the cat in the first "frontal" attack. As said, the dog could also have died of infections, depending on how long it took to find the dog.

A Cougar would not always drag the dog. It could be in self defense or the owners were near.

I do favor the Leopard in this match, I am just skeptical of the Ocelot accounts likewise with the Wolf and Lynx account. There is a lot of context that is highly relevant when talking about dogs and modern humans.
You think that ocelot is domestic cat... 

Bobcat Kills Labrador In North Ozaukee Co

A coworker told me this yesterday. His friend in the middle of the night a week ago was awakened by his dog barking. Apparently the dog was kept in the garage with door opened a few inches. They made the mistake of opening the door and the dog took off. The dog went missing for a few days but was found dead not to far away with it's throat torn open. The DNR was called in and there conclusion was a bobcat killed the dog. I have lived in Ozaukee Co (southern end) for 50 years and saw my first bobcat 2 years ago in mid March on the county line Rd between OZ and Milw Co's near the Milw River. I did not think a bobcat could take down a full grown dog the size of a Labrador Retriever wow.

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/threa...co.908149/
I think Ocelot is a feline less than 18kg average and by the looks of the 2 Tayras chasing one, are closer to the size of the Bobcat.

Do you however, think that being "domestic" automatically makes you weaker or inferior? Or that all dogs even within the same breed are the same?
(09-15-2018, 12:04 AM)Ryo Wrote: I think Ocelot is a feline less than 18kg average and by the looks of the 2 Tayras chasing one, are closer to the size of the Bobcat.

Do you however, think that being "domestic" automatically makes you weaker or inferior? Or that all dogs even within the same breed are the same?

I think the ocelot is able to kill medium sized dog and even big dog. Even if the dog wins.