Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Eurasian Lynx
33.33%
5 33.33%
Haast's Eagle
66.67%
10 66.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurasian Lynx v Haast's Eagle
(09-16-2018, 09:46 AM)Ryo Wrote: So Shin. On a scale from 1 to 10, how many times do you believe each would win here?

The Haast's Eagle is very large, so it wouldn't be a matter of it being able to make
repeated attacks on  the Lynx, as larger birds are not as agile as smaller ones. 

The Lynx is far too nimble & dangerous to be caught off gaurd by such a large
raptor, which would struggle to keep up with the Lynx's combined explosiveness, agility,
and reach. It would be very hard for the Haast's to be able to maneuver into position 
to kill the Lynx w/o retaliation while the Lynx is fully aware. There is also the possibility of 
mutual destruction, if the eagle uncharacteristically attacks & binds to the larger Lynx
w/o regard for it's own safety...and it could possibly subdue the Lynx in this manner, though with
great risk & almost certainly with serious injuries to itself.

I believe the Lynx wins 7/10 if not more. The eagles large mass is a major disadvantage
offensively w/o the relative safety & convenience of an ambush style attack.
[Image: APVwP9.gif]
Eagle wins here for me . Eagle is really big and has awesome killing skills . If Eagle was versus with larger felid, my favourite would felid but Eagle wins here .
[Image: Male-African-golden-cat.jpg]
They have the same weight, and there is a chance for lynx to catch and kill that eagle, but the same chance is foe an eagle to deliver a killing strike from the air, especially to an animal of it's size. Including the fact that this eagle was hunting moa, it was adapted to kill some animals, that are larger than it can pick up, I give a higher chance to the eagle.
[Image: 1200px-Cryolophosaurus_skeleton_mount_FMNH.jpg]
There is a reason that cats are hardly ever prey for birds of prey.....they are just to deadly to take on......if this eagle makes contact with the lynx its as good as dead.
Eurasian Lynx highest level feline the eagle can kill.

Good job, good versus.
bobcat vs owl

bob cat vs large turkey vulture

bob cat vs golden eagle

i have no idea about this fight because haast eagle has larger and wider talons in other hands lynx at his best in everything, aerial attack give edge to haast however ambush attack give advantage to lynx.
[Image: t70ok8.jpg]
The haast eagle has powerful weapons but a body that can't takemuch damage like other birds of prey. Still they have a good chance to kill the lynx.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvrzjqcLyE2x1TQvejwfq...4IDvD2d3Tt]
OldMan
(03-10-2019, 04:05 PM)Old Tibetan Blue Bear Wrote: The haast eagle has powerful weapons but a body that can't takemuch damage like other birds of prey. Still they have a good chance to kill the lynx.
Predators are quick learner they do manage to sort out the weakness, IMO both are capable to kill each other depend on whom target and attack first.
I give edge to raptor over feline due to his mega talons.
If a harpy eagle can cripple a Mexican lynx even though the raptor has been killed and torn apart, surely a haast eagle can do better.
OldMan
(03-14-2019, 10:51 AM)Old Tibetan Blue Bear Wrote: If a harpy eagle can cripple a Mexican lynx even though the raptor has been killed and torn apart, surely a haast eagle can do better.

Any account or video?
That account was posted on the old carnivora proboards. I will try to look for it once i get in my laptop. The older posters know about that account I beleive.
OldMan
(03-15-2019, 12:38 PM)Old Tibetan Blue Bear Wrote: That account was posted on the old carnivora proboards. I will try to look for it once i get in my laptop. The older posters know about that account I beleive.

yes please ..
Is there any evidence of eagles killing felines as large or larger then themselves?
(03-15-2019, 09:57 PM)Felinepower Wrote: Is there any evidence of eagles killing felines as large or larger then themselves?

I dont think so even not at parity.
The eagle would win. Flight + initiative + speed + agility + devastating talons