Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Xenosmilus hodsonae
77.78%
7 77.78%
Grizzly Bear
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xenosmilus hodsonae v Grizzly Bear
So you have comparative data on "amount of energy produced and used between the two species."?
No i was telling you about the previous discussion.
OK
All clear.amount of energy produced and used between the two species."
is not relevant to our discussion because you dont have any comparative data
It is more relevant to our discussion than youre issue of asking me to tell me the members name since it is more topic-related.
But still you dont have comparative data on "amount of energy produced and used between the two species."?
Youre being confusing here. You asked me to show you the statement made by the "unknown" member who i accused of making the same claims as me then now youre telling me to bring "comparitive data". This dosent make sense.
"To make it short it means a greater usage of energy.
I used it from someone who posted on Old Carnivora but i forgot their name."
OK your post dosent make sense.because

you dont have comparative data on "amount of energy produced and used between the two species."
(09-16-2018, 11:30 PM)Ferox Wrote: Youre being confusing here. You asked me to show you the statement made by the "unknown" member who i accused of making the same claims as me then now youre telling me to bring "comparitive data". This dosent make sense.

He is not asking you for the member's username, he is asking for proof, if you aren't going to comply then your argument is not only incoherent but has no validity.
"No validility" Do you hear yourself.
(09-17-2018, 12:40 AM)Ferox Wrote: "No validility" Do you hear yourself.

Yes, and he is not wrong. We don't care about the members name, do you have this so called evidence you speak of or not?
Not exactly since it was from the old Carnivora.
You can visit the old Forums somehow, I have done it myself. But you aren't even sure this source exist?
Here is some data about grizzly bear morphology .

https://www.allgrizzly.org/front-limbs

"...The key results here are: first, that bears are clearly differentiated from all other carnivores when it comes to shape of the radius and scapula, especially so for the scapula; and, second, that the main differentiating theme is captured by the term "robust." In other words, even after controlling for the effects of body size, bears have stout and strongly built front limb bones, most remarkably so in the case of the scapula. Which implies that these robust bones are built to support disproportionately strong front-limb muscles. Which further implies that the "bear niche" is typified by activities that require deployment of strong front legs anchored to a strong scapula... "

BTW
Partial wildlife remains found out of context cause much concern over the possibility that the
unidentified remains may be of human origin. Wildlife forensic scientists are often asked to
identify unearthed bones found near human activity areas, such as new home construction,
excavation sites, etc. (See Figures 1 and 2.) There have even been cases involving skinned bear
paws that had been deliberately placed in public areas to startle those who mistaken them as
human hands. Gilbert (1993) suggests that paw bones discarded at taxidermy “dump” sites could
also be confused with human remains. Because bear paws and human hands and feet are similar
in overall size and shape (Figure 3), morphological examination of the skeletal elements are
required to enable forensic scientists to identify partial remains in cases where the skin and/or
claws are absent.
http://bigfootlives.blogspot.com/2012_05...e.html?m=1
You do know big cats have denser bones than bears.
Then it shouldn't be so hard to post a citation on bone density of big cats then, you can go ahead and do it since you were the one who made the claim.

And don't say you will do it later, you never do.