Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney Animal Matchups
Based on the old Tarzan gauntlet I quite liked

Say what you will about Disney movies, but they do have a lot of cool animal characters. Instead of making separate threads for them all facing off against each other, I thought it would be a better idea to compile a database of the most noteworthy/impressive/realistic ones that are most suited to interspecific conflict (skipping out on Mickey and his friends, Winnie the Pooh and his comrades, etc (actually Tigger vs Pooh would be cool)), from where we could maybe use this thread to pick out a selection and discuss potential matchups and such.

(and inB4 anyone is like "they're Disney characters! They'd sooner sing Frozen songs and hold hands! I'm an intellectual!" ...grow up)

The Lion King
Lions
  • Simba
  • Scar
  • Mufasa
  • Nala
  • Sarabi
  • Pridelander Pride (About 10 lionesses)
Hyenas
  • Shenzi
  • Banzai
  • Ed
  • Shenzi's Clan (Superclan, about 100 hyenas)
Others
  • Timon (Meerkat)
  • Pumbaa (Warthog)
  • Zazu (Red-billed Hornbill
  • Rafiki (Mandrill/Olive Baboon?)
The Jungle Book
  • Baloo (Sloth Bear)
  • Bagheera (Indian Leopard)
  • Shere Khan (Bengal Tiger)
  • Kaa (Indian Python)
  • King Louie (Orangutan)
  • Colonel Hathi (Indian Elephant)
  • Akela (Indian Wolf)
  • Seonee Wolf Pack (Indian Wolves)
  • Colonel Hathi's Herd (Indian Elephants)
  • The Monkeys (Indian Langurs?)
Tarzan
  • Tarzan (not an animal but could be used for interesting matchups)
  • Kerchak (Western Gorilla silverback)
  • Sabor (African Leopard female)
  • Kala (Western Gorilla female)
  • Terk (Immature Western Gorilla female)
  • Tantor (Immature African Forest Elephant)
  • Baboons (Troop of Mandrills)
Other Movies
  • Rajah (Bengal Tiger, Aladdin)
  • Abu (Unknown Monkey, Aladdin (possible young Hamydras baboon?))
  • Iago (Unknown Parrot, Aladdin)
  • Kenai (Brown Bear, Brother Bear)
  • Tug (Alaskan Kodiak Bear, Brother Bear)
  • Brutus and Nero (American Crocodiles, The Rescuers)
  • Marahute (Giant Haast's Eagle, The Rescuers Down Under)
  • Joanna (Goanna, The Rescuers Down Under)
  • The Beast (Monster, Beauty and the Beast)
  • Wolf Pack (Eurasian Wolves, Beauty and the Beast)
  • The Great Prince (White-tailed Deer Stag, Bambi)
  • Maximus (Stallion, Tangled)
  • Louis (American Alligator, The Princess and the Frog)
  • Todd (Red Fox, The Fox and the Hound)
  • Copper (Bloodhound, The Fox and the Hound)
  • Chief (Irish Wolfhound, The Fox and the Hound)
  • Bear (Black Bear, The Fox and the Hound)

Here's one to start off:

Shere Khan
[Image: shere-khan-stalking.jpg]

vs

Tantor (who keep in mind, is young, and very nervous around predators)
[Image: 1144972_1353356625561_full.jpg]
Tantor is still and elephant with massive tusks, he wins.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarlinMan113's post:
  • Kazanshin, ScottishWildcat
Tantor dies pretty badly here. Besides, Shere Khan appears freaking huge, while Tantor is nervous and doesn't appear that big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryo's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
(09-29-2018, 10:49 AM)Ryo Wrote: Tantor dies pretty badly here. Besides, Shere Khan appears freaking huge, while Tantor is nervous and doesn't appear that big.

??

Size comparisons: 

Tantor:

[Image: rhzmwZW.jpg]

[Image: BdTH2xX.jpg]

[Image: EYuJ9It.png]

Shere Khan:

[Image: tysPLFU.jpg]

In Jungle Book 2 when escaping the villagers:

[Image: XeHEKkz.png]

Anyway, Shere Khan may pull it off by ambush, while Tantor may be able to win in a frontal battle.

Oh speaking of the other animal match ups, the Seonee wolf pack should be switched to the Himalayan Wolf or the Eurasian subspecies
considering

1: Indian wolves look very different from the rest of the grey wolves.
2. Indian wolves don't have that big of a pack.

The bear in The Fox and the Hound was described as a melanin Grizzly or Kodiak. Actual Black Bears are usually not that confrontational.

Baloo might be more of an Asian Black Bear than a Sloth Bear. Heck, the live action movies even used the American Black Bear since his semblance is closer to that.

Anyway, interesting thread.
[-] The following 2 users Like ApexBoy's post:
  • Ferox, ScottishWildcat
If we used the one from Jungle Book 2016 then Tator is dinner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ferox's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
Good opinions, and fairly balanced for both sides! I do think there is a debate to he had here, and in a frontal match I almost want to say it’s 50/50. @Ferox I agree with you that if it’s 2016 Khan then the Elephant is mincemeat
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • Ferox
@ScottishWildcat, I have never watched very many Disney movies, can you fill me in please?
Mmm, chocolate cake
I mean there’s not really much to fill in. The images of the characters are all you really need to judge and you could look up the ones you don’t know  Undecided

Actually here's another one to consider

Scar (The Lion King)
[Image: scar-the-lion-king-30890938-1167-1080.jpg]

vs

Sabor (Tarzan)
[Image: tarzan-sabor-2.jpg]

I actually think Scar is no match for the leopard, and Bagheera would've been a better match, but let's see what others think.

Scar is a lion, but almost emanciated in frame, and its kind of a plot point that he's physically no match for anyone else in the Pride. 
Meanwhile Sabor is some freak-specimen leopard that can survive an ambush from a silverback gorilla, turn around and almost kill said gorilla, then still have enough fight left for a tussle with the ape-man. She wins imo
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • Ferox
(09-29-2018, 11:48 PM)ScottishWildcat Wrote: I actually think Scar is no match for the leopard, and Bagheera would've been a better match, but let's see what others think.

Scar is a lion, but almost emanciated in frame, and its kind of a plot point that he's physically no match for anyone else in the Pride. 
Meanwhile Sabor is some freak-specimen leopard that can survive an ambush from a silverback gorilla, turn around and almost kill said gorilla, then still have enough fight left for a tussle with the ape-man. She wins imo

Didn't Scar smack a Lioness (Simba's mother)? Also, didn't Tarzan manage to land one or two physical hits on Sabor? While Sabor was mostly wining, she dies by impalement of the spear, and Tarzan actually lifts the body. This means that she is still within the typical Leopard weight range.

I  favor Scar since he wasn't actually that weak.
But she is large for a leopardess.
(09-30-2018, 07:23 AM)ApexBoy Wrote:
(09-29-2018, 11:48 PM)ScottishWildcat Wrote: I actually think Scar is no match for the leopard, and Bagheera would've been a better match, but let's see what others think.

Didn't Scar smack a Lioness (Simba's mother)? Also, didn't Tarzan manage to land one or two physical hits on Sabor? While Sabor was mostly wining, she dies by impalement of the spear, and Tarzan actually lifts the body. This means that she is still within the typical Leopard weight range.

I  favor Scar since he wasn't actually that weak.

Simba's mother was also starving at that point, probably more than Scar since all the food would have been going straight to him by then. I think in ordinary circumstances that lioness would beat him.

I actually think Sabor's lack of anthropomorphism is kind of the key to her success here actually. She's more outright ferocious than any other animal in the Disney canon because she doesn't have to talk with a British accent or sing a song lmao. I just think she's too fast, more experienced, and more outwardly deadly than Scar could hope to be.
(10-01-2018, 12:29 PM)ScottishWildcat Wrote: Simba's mother was also starving at that point, probably more than Scar since all the food would have been going straight to him by then. I think in ordinary circumstances that lioness would beat him.

I actually think Sabor's lack of anthropomorphism is kind of the key to her success here actually. She's more outright ferocious than any other animal in the Disney canon because she doesn't have to talk with a British accent or sing a song lmao. I just think she's too fast, more experienced, and more outwardly deadly than Scar could hope to be.

Ok, but if both were starving, wouldn't that mean Scar could slap her at any period of time? Are you using Mufasa era Scar or Scar in the later stages?

If this is Scar in his later stages, he can still be formidable in his own right.

Here are some starving males (seems worse than Scars condition). They put up a good fight with hyena pack.

Starts at 2:34

Sabor just a slightly aggressive Leopard.  She was easily lifted up by Tarzan, indicating that she was within the Leopard size range. They probably based it on the documentation of Leopards hunting gorillas, and Leopards wounding several people in real life occurrences.

It sounds like you are underestimating the common Leopard:

Quote: Wrote:Around 9 people including 2 Policemen were injured in the clash.
at least 6 persons were critically injured after a leopard attacked them while they were trying to chase it away from Gayon Gaon in Jorhat on Sunday.

https://www.time8.in/watch-shocking-video-men-clashh-with-leopard-at-jorhat-in-assam/

Quote: Wrote:Leopard shot dead in Wanlaweyn town after it attacked and killed a man injured 7 others, Thursday, in a rare incident: residents

https://twitter.com/harunmaruf/status/915865108521390080?lang=en

^The original news link has too many ads.

Quote: Wrote:Nine people were injured on Friday evening after they were attacked by a stray leopard in Waldaii,

https://www.nation.co.ke/counties/kerich...index.html

Even men armed with spears are vulnerable to Leopards. From the same link:

Quote: Wrote:Officials say two were critically injured.
It however, pounced on the armed men, one by one, seriously injuring them.
He said the animal was alarmed and started attacking men who were closest to it.
"It nearly killed one of them before we speared it down and stoned it to death
I would say 50/50. Both ApexBoy and ScottishWildcat have made good arguments.
Mmm, chocolate cake
I would favour Sabor slightly over Scar because of her outright ferociousness.
Do remember that Scar is old, and literally lost to a watered down Hakuna Matata Simba (tho, Simba did win by some big time luck, but still matched him blow for blow). If Scar is only around 180kg (probably less due to how skinnier he is than Simba, and his age might have done something similar as well), then a large aggressive Leopard like Sabor will give him a run for his money. I do wonder however, if his Mane and size will be enough to give him the victory. He is literally over twice as big, if not 3 times bigger.

EDIT: (Also, why does the Leopards in this show make the sounds of Cougars?).