Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
Some people claim that Edd and Banzai have been removed for 2 other female Hyenas and Scar might not sing. Doesn't matter, I will hear the reviews and likely give this movie a chance, since it looks amazing! Simba alone is almost the only reason needed to watch it.
Ed and Banzai are still male, they just had their name changed

I mean, as hyped as I am about this movie, I do have a few minor gripes:

-The colour palette is really bad. This was a problem I had with the Jungle Book too (my favourite movie of all time), but I thought they would've at least improved on it somewhat
-The whole scope feels a lot smaller...like there's somehow less animals in the Pridelands
-THE INDIAN RHINO IN AFRICA AT 0:59! RAGE!
Didn't they have African Elephants in the Jungle Book? Coincidence? I think not. But it is strange how they managed to mix up the highly popular and well known White Rhino for the much lesser known Indian Rhino.

I am still unsure on the Hyena part however. Eds character will likely also not be mentally insane.
No the elephants in the Jungle Book were very much Asian, they had the ear shape. It was their size that made them seem a bit more towards the African side

Yeah I would say Ed is going to get some speaking lines. Keegan-Michael Key and Eric Andre are voiced Banzai and Ed's replacements, so I'd say we're in for some good comedy from those two!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • Ryo
Hahahahahaha!

Disney should admit by now they can't come up with anything new. 

They aren't even adapting any fairy tale or novel, they are straight up remaking or "re-imagining" their old movies.

[Image: giphy.gif]
As much as I hate Disney trying to remake their classics into live-action/CGI hybrids, I have to say The Lion King looks promising.

I find the remakes to be a mixed bag really. I really like The Jungle Book (directed by the same guy who's directing TLK) because it was more based on the original Rudyard Kipling with some elements of the 1967 animated film thrown in (though I hate how Kaa was only in one scene) but I completely disliked the Beauty & The Beast remake as it felt like a rehash but bloated with so many unneeded plot points just to make it longer (not to mention the enchanted objects look absolutely creepy in CGI).

So I have hopes for TLK.
The 2019 TLK remake looks pretty neat, however, Disney and other entertainment companies need to stop nostalgia pandering. There's been a lot of nostalgia for old movies, but I think it's time to leave them in the past and come up with something new. The song "Circle of Life" is literally about how things must die in order for new life to be born. As said in the Dark Knight, "you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
[-] The following 1 user Likes ImperialPuma's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
They can make new stuff after I get my Balto remake or Balto universe sequel.
Speaking of the Lion King, it seems Donald Grover is voicing adult Simba.

I am not sure Donald Grover fits the role considering he sounds more street smart for a character that seemed mildly naive originally.

Also, here is the cast:

Quote:
  • Donald Glover as Simba, the crown prince of the Pride Lands.

• Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, Simba's childhood best friend and future love-interest.
    • Shahadi Wright Joseph as young Nala

• James Earl Jones as Mufasa, the king of the Pride Lands and the father of Simba. Jones reprises his role from the original 1994 animated movie of the same name.
  • Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, the treacherous brother of Mufasa and the uncle of Simba who seeks to take the mantle of king.
  • Billy Eichner as Timon, a wise-cracking and loyal meerkat who befriends and adopts a young Simba after he runs away from home.
  • Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, a naive common warthog who befriends and adopts a young Simba after he runs away from home.
  • John Oliver as Zazu, a hornbill who is the advisor to the King of the Pride Lands.
  • John Kani as Rafiki, a wise mandrill who serves as the shaman of the Pride Lands and a close friend of Mufasa's.
  • Florence Kasumba as Shenzi, the lead hyena of the trio, Scar's henchmen.
  • Keegan-Michael Key as Kamari, an unhinged hysterical hyena who laughs a lot and is part of Scar's henchmen. This character replaces Ed from the original 1994 animated film
  • Eric Andre as Azizi, a member of Scar's trio. This character replaces Banzai from the original 1994 animated film
  • Alfre Woodard as Sarabi, Mufasa's mate, the mother of Simba, and queen of the Pride Lands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_King_(2019_film)

Seems Chiwetel and James earl Jones are perfectly cast, but Beyonce and Glover seem too miscast, based on their actual performances.
The cast for this isn’t as strong as with the Jungle Book. There every name hit you: Ben Kingsley, Bill Murray, Idris Elba, etc etc

Here it’s like..Beyoncé! Billy who? Why is Seth Rogen here?

Donald Glover might have made a better Timon actually, even though I love Billy Eichner to death and can’t wait to hear his performance
(11-24-2018, 12:47 PM)Ryo Wrote: They can make new stuff after I get my Balto remake or Balto universe sequel.

Lmao I doubt Balto would ever get that kinda attention. The first movie was good, the second was alright and third was a big yikes/why.
[Image: Grant-Atkinson-Chiefs-Camp-_Y8A4541.CR2_0276.jpg]
I hope zazu in the film is as strong as zazu in the cartoon.