Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Siberian tigers in North America?
(10-11-2018, 06:07 PM)Taipan Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:32 PM)ApexBoy Wrote: First of all, I can't find a reliable study of cougars dragging kills up trees. In fact, I'll get on your side if there is actual evidence or recording of a Cougar successfully carrying a carcass up to a branch.

I'll believe the Cougar has the capabilities of carrying heavy weight like a Leopard if I see something credible. Until then, later.

Well if you can find a reliable source to back up this claim:

(10-10-2018, 05:42 PM)ApexBoy Wrote: Cougars are not capable of that. That seems to be unique to a Leopard. 

I'll get on your side. Till then I'll side with sources like the Biologists at Rocky Mountain National Park who believe it occured, and thus believe cougars are quite capable of doing so.

The reason why Apexboy's claim is ridiculous is called: absence of evidence isn't definitive evidence of absence.

Anyway, I don't see why cougars would be incapable of doing it when they're very similar to leopards in terms of overall build and size.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Taipan
(10-15-2018, 11:56 AM)ApexBoy Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 02:32 PM)Taipan Wrote: You need to back this up - 

(10-10-2018, 05:42 PM)ApexBoy Wrote: Cougars are not capable of that. 

Again you have failed to support your statement. You made the definitive claim, you had the burden of proof, and you have failed in that burden. Dont start enlarging fonts or bolding text, or throwing out diversionary challenges, because that will not help you. What will help you is actually substantiating your claim. I can tell you, that your best course of action would to be to admit your error (ie. cougars are not known to tree cache, rather than they not capable) and move on, because the longer this is going on, the more your posting behaviour is deteriorating (i.e. dareing members to support claims).

You didn't read this:

Quote:The strongest climber among the big cats, a leopard can carry prey twice its weight up a tree. 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...923550001/

^It acknowledges that the Leopard is the only cat to be capable of carrying heavy weight up trees. Otherwise, you would have seen a mention of other cats being capable of lifting on an occasion (smaller wildcats are not counted).

You seem offended about my statement of the Cougar not being capable of lifting prey up tree, but there is no formal case of any of the other big/large cats lifting their kills, or even being as successful as the Leopard. 

You also haven't actually backed up that a Cougar is as capable as a Leopard in tree caches. 

I'll leave, but I am not taking back that statement since there is no concrete evidence of the Cougar doing it apart from the carcass part. The guys who observed never even backed that part up with any evidence. In fact, they could also mistake a Cheetah being able to lift a kill up a tree, since Cheetahs can climb trees, and may also stumble on  a random stash.

In the future please dont make claims that you can't substantiate. People should always believe the likes of biologists at National Parks over unsubstatiantied claims of animal forum posters.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
The wolf population in North America was severely reduced. As a tiger snack, he usually preys on wolves .

Likewise, the number of American Bison would be considerably reduced. Tigers can kill even Gaur in Asia ...

Many times they fought with North American bear species. Sometimes bear kills tiger, sometimes tiger kills bear ...

And would be the most loved wild animal of North America. It would be more popular in the world.