Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies Thread: The good, the bad, and the ridiculous
The title says it all folks, let's tip one another!

I remember talking about The Visit on the old forum, and most people here know that I think it's one ridiculous pile of horsecrap, but I wanna talk about a much more well-known movie: World War Z, and let's be honest, if you watch world war z just cause you wanna see Brad Pitt shoot manure on the living dead then you'll certainly get what you paid for, but if you're a person expecting a good story, decent acting, and genuine adrenaline-pumping thrills, then be warned, it is a complete piece of trash. I mean many think the most insulting part is the fact that they took the book's title and screwed everything else, but I'm totally open to creativity, and if you think you can take the general idea behind the book, and do a better job putting it into action, then by all means go for it, but the whole movie is centered around one guy who used to do some manure for the UN or something, which is so unrealistic in an apocalypse I can't even say how stupid the very thinking behind it is. So we have a guy who's so special cause he can shoot, and that's enough to have the whole world bet its survival on him, him being the guy who looks everywhere except right in front of his freaking face when walking into a new room with potential threats in a freaking zombie apocalypse (just watch the first few seconds):

Him being the guy who looks behind his butt when driving 5X the speed limit in one of the most crowded places in existence (ff to 00:28):

That's not to mention that the whole idea behind how he saves the day is so unrealistic to anyone with basic understanding of physiology it's insulting, so you're telling me the zombies can sense that someone is harboring a terminal illness and suddenly lose interest in attacking them? How on earth could a virus give you the ability to perform an immunoassay just running past someone? I'm not saying that zombie movies have to make absolute scientific sense all the time, but the director already had a highly praised book and a prolific author to look to for inspiration with the grand finale, so it is completely insulting when they decide to go the "Oh they just won't think about it" route.

It was awful!

Your turn guys!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • K9Bite
Did anyone see that new shark movie called The Meg?

Very repetitive and bland IMO. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gaurus's post:
  • CanineCanis
Pretty much anything that has to do with marvel puts me to sleep,I really want to like the movies but the unfunny jokes and terrible color pallets are extremely off-putting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drift's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
I really don't get the appeal of Marvel movies at all. They're just so completely surface-level that it's boring
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • Drift
I saw Hereditary recently (wife loves horror movies). For all the hype i heard, this movie did not deliver. Absolutely nothing was scary or shocking. Very slow pacing. Would not recommend.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
Heard mixed reviews about that one, need to check it out for myself at some point.

Anyone seen The Witch from 2015? That's one of my horror favourites
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • theGrackle
Haven't seen the Witch, yet. I will check it out.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
The pacing is pretty slow but its worth it for the escalation. I'm not normally phased by horror at all but it's genuinely one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen
This movie:
[Image: p14085794_v_v8_af.jpg]
Was absolute garbage.

Ursus 21 Wrote:Did anyone see that new shark movie called The Meg?

Very repetitive and bland IMO. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Agreed. I love megalodon to death, but that movie was boring.
I didn't like Coraline the first (and only) time I watched it in theaters. I don't know, the whole thing just seemed weird to me (yes, when books, TV shows, movies, etc. seem too "weird" from my perspective, I am put off by them) and it was too long for my taste.

Edit: I just read the Wikipedia plot for it. Yeah, I can definitely see why I thought it was weird and just...eugh.
[Image: 9wf8nho.png]
I watched Jurassic World about 3 hours before I joined Carnivora. Good movie, but RIDICULOUSLY inaccurate. Honestly, I would give more credit to the animated movie Walking With Dinosaurs because it is accurate. Dinosaur Revolution, March of the Dinosaurs, and the SpongeBob movie are pretty good tho.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChocolateCake123's post:
  • theGrackle
Oh and here’s another thing about Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. It wasn’t good but it got so much hate that the first Jurassic World didn’t get despite it being 10x better, because Jurassic World came first and played off everyone’s nostalgia
[-] The following 2 users Like ScottishWildcat's post:
  • ChocolateCake123, theGrackle
I will say this about the first Jurassic World though, it has possibly the best monster fight of all time in it's climax
[-] The following 2 users Like ScottishWildcat's post:
  • ChocolateCake123, theGrackle
I'm sorry, can we talk about Ready Player One? Specifically with regards to the Iron Giant? You know, that movie that's literally about the conscious decision of a giant robot to NOT be a mindless murder weapon and is one big metaphor for gun violence after the director lost his sister in a shooting? You know, that robot that Ready Player One made into a giant f*cking gun just because they wanted a cool giant robot to be a mindless murder weapon?

Yeah, cause that was f*cked up
I loved that movie, I wish they had some minecraft mobs in it though.

I also watched Venom and First Man this week with my friends. Venom was pretty good, but First Man though...I would be very surprised if that didn't win several oscars.