Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies Thread: The good, the bad, and the ridiculous
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was one of the worst movies i've seen, Jurassic World was 100x better than that lazy writing that people were saying "Is this generations "The Lost World" due to how great it was!".A little girl that's a clone? A Tyrannosaurus that repeatedly comes out of nowhere and tries to recreate the scene from the 1st movie (failing hard to capture that nostalgia factor) saving the protagonists? The clearly sequel baiting "end" that made it feel like a marvel movie? Major yikes, i can safely say that i will never watch this or the last jedi ever again after the first viewing.
I didn't bother to watch Fallen Kingdom honestly.  I liked Jurassic World but realized I only liked it for the nostalgic callbacks it did. The idea of making dinosaurs for military purposes is such a dumb idea if i have to be blunt. Sounds like something a 10 year old made along with a drawing of a robot T.Rex. In today's modern war, hardly anyone uses animals anymore. I don't see german shepherds being used in the front lines nor horses being ridden to battle anymore. You're telling me they perfer having a expensive to make genetically modified dinosaur that takes intense training, care, and food needs for milatary work over a drone? I'm sorry, i love imagining fantastic ideas but that plot seriously has some pretty big flaws. Sorry for the rant, maybe it's just me being a dumb fanboy. I loved the JP movies since for ever. They were the main reason i love dinosaurs to this day.
[Image: Grant-Atkinson-Chiefs-Camp-_Y8A4541.CR2_0276.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K9Bite's post:
  • Drift
Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom both fell kinda flat to me compared to the first three. Dont get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the third movie, but it stuck to one very specific rule that makes a big difference to me:

The dinosaurs are animals, forces of nature, not characters. People now recognize the two most iconic dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor, as Rexy and Blue. Good guys rather than morally neutral animals, and Universal is pandering to it.

[Image: 1cyGwS5.jpg]
[Image: ltiZ2aC.jpg]
The Jurassic Park sequels have been fun, but not what I call "great" movies. They can never really live up to the magic of the original. The first time you see that T-rex is one of the most iconic scenes ever. Kind of like Jaws. After that, you know what to expect, and it's not quite the same. Don't get me wrong, I will still see each one they produce. I'm a sucker for action/adventure movies.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
[-] The following 1 user Likes theGrackle's post:
  • K9Bite
My personal ranking is Jurassic Park>Fallen Kingdom>World>Lost World>JP3
I feel as if The Last Jedi needs some hugs. With a rope. Around it’s neck.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
[-] The following 3 users Like zergthe's post:
  • K9Bite, Kazanshin, Maxilla
My only problem with Jurrasic World: Fallen Kingdom was that I wish the indoraptor lasted a little longer, I feel as though it wasn't around for very long.
I'm personally okay with hybrids getting as little screen time as possible. Preferably zero.
[Image: ltiZ2aC.jpg]
I hate the hybrids myself, but the Indoraptor could have been a great villain, but it didn’t get the screen time it deserved. There’s two really good movies hidden in Fallen Kingdom but the movie tries to mash them together and ends up being barely passable
(10-26-2018, 05:28 AM)zergthe Wrote: I feel as if The Last Jedi needs some hugs. With a rope. Around it’s neck.

Definitely using that, or something along those lines, next time I describe something I loathe lol.

Quote:The dinosaurs are animals, forces of nature, not characters. People now recognize the two most iconic dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor, as Rexy and Blue. Good guys rather than morally neutral animals, and Universal is pandering to it.

You know, I never even thought of it that way.
[Image: 9wf8nho.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ausar's post:
  • Maxilla
I'd say Jurassic Park> The Lost World> Jurassic World> Jurassic Park 3> Fallen Kingdom.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drift's post:
  • K9Bite
I haven't seen the last jedi. To be honest, I'm afraid to watch it.
[Image: Grant-Atkinson-Chiefs-Camp-_Y8A4541.CR2_0276.jpg]
Recently i watched Bleach and it was Great!. the best anime adaptation to date!.

Worst movies must be Prometheus
The walking dead is a giant piece of trash mostly, I used to enjoy watching zombie movies do a whole series with zombies at its core sounded great, but f it they ruined the whole concept. Many episodes are pure fillers, and characters often make some incredibly dumb decisions, take for example Lori's car crash scene:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0F6Y2qiGtG4

I was internally yelling at her so loud for her damn stupidity, and then I tried to apply logic to what she was thinking herself to no avail. "Oh man this paper is so important, here lemme keep looking at it while driving at a fairly high speed, it's not like we're in a zombie apocalypse! Oh what's that? A zombie? Better swerve like an idiot and get myself killed in trying to avoid hitting it, hard to live with that on my conscience it's not like the darn things are trying to eat us alive or something."

How can anyone watch that scene and be anything but "You effing idiot! Why did you try to avoid hitting the zombie? Why were you driving so fast while looking a piece of paper?"

Also check this crap out (ff to 3:55):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5MOpXHoqtc

"Yeah why did you bring me back to the safety of the farm after I screwed up worse than most people could if they tried and crashed the car? I was about to take on an entire f***ing zombie army by myself and you stopped me! Like it's true that I had no means of doing that without getting torn apart and eaten alive, and I destroyed the vehicle that I set out on my stupid mission in even without a single zombie chasing me, but I don't like the fact that you saved my life one bit and I demand you get away from me immediately!"

Piece of trash.
[Image: giphy.gif]
To be honest, the only zombie movie that I can watch more than once is Dawn of the Dead (1978).

The other movie I liked was Braindead(1992), made by none other than Peter Jackson.

I also like Army of Darkness(1992), which is part of the Evil Dead series:
[Image: TZMc.gif]