Poll: Do they?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No they don't just be yourself
25.00%
3 25.00%
Yes they do be a bad boy like Johnny Lawrence (Karate kid)
25.00%
3 25.00%
Others
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice guys finish last
Here are some studies on why women love bad boys:

Quote:Participants were referred to the study by general practitioners or other medical professionals, says Fernando Gutiérrez at the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, who led the research. Gutiérrez and his team inquired about participants’ lifetime numbers of mates and children, along with job level, income and other sociodemographic factors using a combination of self-reporting surveys and interviews.

Their results show that people with some pathological personality types, such as those considered neurotic and impulsive, had more mates and even more children than average, suggesting that such traits are not being weeded out by natural selection and actually may confer an evolutionary advantage.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...onalities/

Quote:The findings reinforce previous research showing that narcissists are more popular than others, literally at first sight. Mitja Back and Boris Egloff of Johannes Gutenberg-University of Mainz along with Stefan Schmukle at Westfalische Wilhelms-University of Muenster conducted a study in 2010 where they collected information on students’ personalities and then had them briefly introduce themselves to one another. After these brief introductions, the students filled out surveys asking about the first impressions made by each other. Students scoring higher on narcissism were seen as more likeable.  People perceived the narcissists as more likeable and found that they had flashier appearances, more confident body language, and more attractive facial expressions. Together with Holtzman and Strube’s findings, this suggests that narcissists are more skilled at carrying and presenting themselves in a way that immediately impresses others.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...onalities/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO4SazYs8Jg

Cobra Kai - Transformation of Eli to Hawk (From bullied nerd to bad boy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjqVVZCR5gE

Another bullied boy becomes a beast but losses his girlfriend when he got too far to the other end.
The only nice guys that finish last are the ones who only bring being nice to the table and really have nothing else to offer to the relationship imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neofelis's post:
  • ScottishWildcat

The opposite extreme of the nice guy.

Anyone watch the film Ghost of girlfriends?
(10-28-2018, 10:52 PM)Neofelis Wrote: The only nice guys that finish last are the ones who only bring being nice to the table and really have nothing else to offer to the relationship imo.

That’s exactly what I posted on a similar thread on the old forum  Big Grin  

Anyway I agree.
[Image: TR23sAq.jpg?1]
I can’t believe the term incel was used here... on Carnivora. Seems the internet is getting smaller. What’s next? Discussion on looks maxing and finding your “looks match?” No mention of Chad or Tyrone?

To me “nice” is boring, agreeable. “Nice” is a front while one connives in spite of it.

And you really don’t need a study to confirm what is generally accepted:

Men like feminine women.

Women like masculine men.

*fill in custom characteristics as you play this game of life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vita's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
(11-10-2018, 06:33 AM)Vita Wrote: To me “nice” is boring, agreeable. “Nice” is a front while one connives in spite of it. 

"Nice" means someone who doesn't abuse their partner or cheats on them. Admittedly that's a low bar.

"Nice" by itself is not a personality trait. Your personality is defined by your interests, hobbies and sense of humor IMO.

Quote:I can’t believe the term incel was used here... on Carnivora. Seems the internet is getting smaller. What’s next? Discussion on looks maxing and finding your “looks match?” No mention of Chad or Tyrone?

Everyone who spends time on the internet knows about incels, chad and the 37 different genders. Everyone also knows about the immigration crisis in Europe. This is the kind of stuff people look up on the internet.
I, for one, prefer my abuse up front. Assholery you can see in his posture, set in his square shoulders.
Quote:Men like feminine women. 

Women like masculine men. 

The same is true within genders, feminine men are attracted to masculine man and vice versa. Masculinity attracts femininity (it’s  hard when you’re a bit of both!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • theGrackle
That NigaHiga video shows them behaving like a bad boy after getting the girl. Not helpful considering many nice guys are having difficulty getting the girl
(11-10-2018, 09:12 AM)Vita Wrote: I, for one, prefer my abuse up front. Assholery you can see in his posture, set in his square shoulders.

Damn

You sound like someone who doesn’t mind being in an “aggressive” relationship.

There’s nothing wrong with that of course. Mutually abusive relationships do exist (where violence goes both ways and is a “normal” part of the relationship)
(11-10-2018, 10:05 AM)Vodmeister Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 09:12 AM)Vita Wrote: I, for one, prefer my abuse up front. Assholery you can see in his posture, set in his square shoulders.

Damn

You sound like someone who doesn’t mind being in an “aggressive” relationship.

There’s nothing wrong with that of course. Mutually abusive relationships do exist (where violence goes both ways and is a “normal” part of the relationship)

Oh, god. Lmao 

That was sarcasm. 

I do lean towards the stereotypical male. My father and brothers are all asses, really, but it’s a far cry from wanting a fist round my neck.
That text is so black it should be picking cotton.

Anyway I don't know about the study but women usually find 'nice guys' as submissive to an extent and pushovers. Then again given how wild animals have males fight for the right to females and humans are technically animals you can draw some parallels to them wanting an aggressive or dominant male.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black Ice's post:
  • Carnivorous Vulgaris
(11-11-2018, 03:00 AM)Black Ice Wrote: Anyway I don't know about the study but women usually find 'nice guys' as submissive to an extent and pushovers. Then again given how wild animals have males fight for the right to females and humans are technically animals you can draw some parallels to them wanting an aggressive or dominant male.

True, and not only some. We are animal, through and through; Psychologists and sociologists know this very well.
Society(or the ones who control the public opinion) want us like robots, obviously, cause in order to keep a Society safe we have to constantly follow rules. But nothing can change that we will always have a component of wild in us, just like domestic animals have.

In this case, even considering every woman taste, the aggressive\dominant male is a constant, no matter how you slice it. That's because the aggressiveness that female tend to prefer in men is not necessarily physical power, or rudeness: it may just be a sense of power , like having a lot of money for example; but even being smarter than other people, or having more charisma, or some great skill (we males always show, just like all those male animals do in Nature, to impress females).

So, just like someone already said here: it's not that Nice Guys Finish Last, it is more like that guys with no interesting qualities can only be vaguely described as Nice. And they arguably finish last.
Good points.

And speaking of society... it’s evolving a lot faster than our genetic inclinations can keep up with. I always thought the obesity epidemic was one good example of this. Never has it been easier to go out and get high calorie food with minimum effort. Walking ain’t enough. For us its energy efficient.

And we haven’t even gone into the role online dating plays. That kind of choice really does change the game. And truly, if we’re honest, it favors women.