Poll: answer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
40.00%
2 40.00%
no
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overpopulation
The world needs a fertility rate of at least 2.1 to continue breeding. In western nations like Europe, the fertility rate is on average 1.38 which is impossible to reverse. Japan is about 1.5 and so is south Korea if not mistaken. And as for Hong Kong is 0.99 and China has increased as the government now allows a 2nd child if she is a she. Yet other countries have high birth rates. Countries like France and Scandinavia seems to have a higher fertility rate than other eu countries thanks to the large amount of immigrants which are generally younger and give birth to more children than the native Europeans not to mention plenty of Swedish emmigrating every year. Australia, Canada, and USa have higher fertility rates than Europe and Japan but even they are well below the replacement rate. Other countries like India, Africa, the Phillippines, etc have more than 3 children on average as do south America etc. Is the world overpopulated?
Yes, it is, but not because of Western countries, though Western countries have much bigger ecological footprints than developing coutries.

"In western nations like Europe, the fertility rate is on average 1.38 which is impossible to reverse."

I think there would be a solution to solve that, but I'm not going to write it down here.
I thought the population in Europe was among the few places in the world where it was slowly falling?
(01-31-2019, 11:39 PM)Ryo Wrote: I thought the population in Europe was among the few places in the world where it was slowly falling?

1.38 confirms that, doesn't it?
Wops, misread it then. Tongue
I think, yes, there are almost certainly too many people in this world and something has to be done about that. But a far more pressing and urgent problem is how 1-5% of that population are exploiting the earth's resources and polluting on such a scale that we'll definitely be doomed by 2030
Meh, I have positive expectations. Sure the world and we will take a beating from climate change, but I think we are gonna be overall fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryo's post:
  • Carnivorous Vulgaris
(01-31-2019, 11:35 PM)Moldovan0731 Wrote: Yes, it is, but not because of Western countries, though Western countries have much bigger ecological footprints than developing coutries.

"In western nations like Europe, the fertility rate is on average 1.38 which is impossible to reverse."

I think there would be a solution to solve that, but I'm not going to write it down here.

Knowing you, I'm quite happy you've decided to spare us that revolutionary breakthrough

I think we need lower birth rates, globally.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-01-2019, 02:45 AM)Mustang Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 11:35 PM)Moldovan0731 Wrote: Yes, it is, but not because of Western countries, though Western countries have much bigger ecological footprints than developing coutries.

Knowing you, I'm quite happy you've decided to spare us that revolutionary breakthrough

Now you're going to think of me as a retard just because I hate communists just as much as nazis?
(02-01-2019, 02:39 AM)Ryo Wrote: Meh, I have positive expectations. Sure the world and we will take a beating from climate change, but I think we are gonna be overall fine.

George Carlin says it the best. Tongue

Also can't forget about this too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian%E2...tion_event

What we need to be concerned about is ourselves.
(02-01-2019, 04:51 AM)Moldovan0731 Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 02:45 AM)Mustang Wrote:

Now you're going to think of me as a retard just because I hate communists just as much as nazis?

I hate Communism about as much as I here Nazism because true Communists are criminals and lunatics just as much as Nazis (pol pot, Stalin, Kim il Sung, and Fidel Castro to name but a few) but saying we might've been better off had Nazis won because they would've blindly butchered millions, and communists would've been among those hordes, is taking the word moronic to a whole new level.

It is the equivalent of setting your house on fire to get rid of a few pests. Remember that many people in communist countries aren't true communists, but because communist regimes are so brutal and authoritarian they have no real choice. Moreover, the ordinary communist isn't as horrible as the ordinary Nazi, they have a retarded idea of how society and economics should be managed but at least they aren't crazily racist and they don't have that complete disregard of all other humans. Their leaders and governments are equally terrible tho.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-01-2019, 02:39 AM)Ryo Wrote: Meh, I have positive expectations. Sure the world and we will take a beating from climate change, but I think we are gonna be overall fine.

Not sure if people in Asia care about the environment problems:

Majority the plastic polluting the oceans are from Asian rivers

Quote:Up to 95 per cent of plastic polluting the world's oceans pours in from just ten rivers, according to new research.

The top 10 rivers - eight of which are in Asia - accounted for so much plastic because of the mismanagement of waste.

About five trillion pounds is floating in the sea, and targeting the major sources - such as the Yangtze and the Ganges - could almost halve it, scientists claim.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/...ivers.html

Most of the polluted cities of the world are from India and China

Quote:Here are the world’s 10 most polluted cities – 9 are in India

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/03/here-are...india.html
Overpopulation is a myth and absolutely BS
Overpopulation is false,Earth is also flat
Lol what? Do you even planet, bro?
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]