Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bali Tiger
0%
0 0%
Smilodon gracilis
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bali Tiger v Smilodon gracilis
Bali Tiger - Panthera tigris balica
The Bali Tiger (Panthera tigris balica), harimau Bali in Indonesian, or referred to as samong in archaic Balinese language, was a subspecies of Tiger which was found solely on the small Indonesian island of Bali. This was one of three sub-species of tiger found in Indonesia, together with the Javan Tiger, which is also extinct, and the critically endangered Sumatran Tiger. It was the smallest of the Tiger subspecies. The Bali Tiger was the smallest of all nine Tiger subspecies, rather comparable with the Leopard or Cougar in size. The weight of a male Tiger was usually 90–100 kg (198-221 pounds); that of a female was 65–80 kg (142-175 pounds). The male was approximately 220 cm (7.2 feet or 86.6 inches) in length (together with tail), and the female 195–200 cm (6.4-6.6 feet, 76.8-78.7 inches). They preyed upon most mammals that lived within their habitat. Their major sources of food were Wild Boar, Rusa Deer, Indian Muntjac, Red Junglefowl, monitor lizards, monkeys and possibly Banteng (the last now also extirpated on the island).

[Image: PantheraTigrisBalicaHeineman.jpg]

Smilodon gracilis
Smilodon gracilis ("the slender Smilodon") was the smallest and earliest species of the genus Smilodon. It first appeared in the United States about 2.5 million years ago, probably a descendant of Megantereon, and lived until about 500,000 years ago. It lived mainly in the eastern regions of the Americas. Smilodon Gracilis ranged in weight from 120 to 220 lb (55 to 100 kg) and ranged in height from 39 to 47 inches (1 to 1.2 m). Their teeth are about 7 in. Smilodon gracilis was comparable in size to extant jaguars

[Image: Smilodon-gracilis-2016b-738x591.jpg]

(11-08-2018, 03:43 PM)dragonix takeover Wrote: pleistocene cougar vs smilodon gracils

Even a Pleistocenre Cougar is too small.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
I think Smilodon would win. The weights are similar, but it seems better suited to grapple the tiger to the ground and ill it. The tiger could win sometimes, however.
Mmm, chocolate cake
me go with 50/50 here tiger look has much larger size
https://www.thoughtco.com/bali-tiger-1093052
this tiger live in bail without attack form much larger animal coexitst

this cat has 7 inch saber tooth and co exist with cougar pletocene

https://carnivora.net/showthread.php?tid=426
this saber co exist with ground sloth and american lion

may even mighty dire wolf me go with 120 degree saber
mouth to be better mouth any way tiger has better speed and biteforce 

me see it 50/50
Any smilodontin>any pantherine at the same weight. There should be no question of who wins this fight.
[Image: nb2qdc.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes zergthe's post:
  • Black Ice
Quote:Easy to block
What are these combatants, boxers?
Quote:its in the way
State of the art argument. Given cats bite off food with the side of their jaws and they’ve checked for this type of chewing in machairodonts, no, they really don’t.
Quote:and its hard to deliver a throat bite on another cat fighting.
Ever researched into how machairodonts deal with competitors? It’s not a throat bite; it’s a skull bite.
[Image: nb2qdc.jpg]
I go with the saber-toothed cat. While its jaws may not be as effective since in spite their fangs, had a weaker bite and fangs easily breaking its still more robust and physically built due to their bear-like build giving it the advantage.
pleistocene cougar > bail tiger cougar has speed powerful bite jump and very good grapping
if here is pleistocene cougar me favour him but here smilodon win