Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lion (Coalition of 2)
100.00%
9 100.00%
Iberian (Spanish) Fighting Bull
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lion (Coalition of 2) v Iberian (Spanish) Fighting Bull
Lion (Coalition of 2) - Panthera leo
The lion (Panthera leo) is one of the four big cats in the genus Panthera, and a member of the family Felidae. With some males exceeding 250 kg (550 lb) in weight, it is the second-largest living cat after the tiger. Wild lions currently exist in Sub-Saharan Africa and in Asia with an endangered remnant population in Gir Forest National Park in India, having disappeared from North Africa and Southwest Asia in historic times. Until the late Pleistocene, about 10,000 years ago, the lion was the most widespread large land mammal after humans. They were found in most of Africa, across Eurasia from western Europe to India, and in the Americas from the Yukon to Peru. The lion is a vulnerable species, having seen a possibly irreversible population decline of thirty to fifty percent over the past two decades in its African range. The African lion is a very large cat, with males weighing between 330 and 550 pounds and females weighing between 260 and 400 pounds. It is 8 to 10 feet long, not including the tail. Its most famous feature is its mane, which only male lions have. The mane is a yellow color when the lion is young and darkens with age. Eventually, the mane will be dark brown. The body of the African lion is well suited for hunting. It is very muscular, with back legs designed for pouncing and front legs made for grabbing and knocking down prey. It also has very strong jaws that enable it to eat the large prey that it hunts.

[Image: Two-African-lions.jpg]

Iberian (Spanish) Fighting Bull
The Spanish Fighting Bull (Toro Bravo, toro de lidia, toro lidiado, ganado bravo, Touro de Lide) is an Iberian cattle breed. It is primarily bred free-range on extensive estates in Southern Spain, Portugal and Latin American countries where bull fighting is organized. Fighting bulls are selected primarily for a certain combination of aggression, energy, strength, stamina and lack of intelligence: a bull intelligent enough to distinguish man from cape would be too dangerous. The fighting bull is characterized by its aggressive behaviour, especially when solitary or unable to flee. Many are coloured black or dark brown, but other colorations are normal. They reach maturity slower than meat breeds as they were not selected to be heavy, having instead an well-muscled "athletic" look, with a prominent morillo, a complex of muscles over the shoulder and neck which gives the bull its distinctive profile and strength with its horns. The horns are longer than in most other breeds and are also present in both males and females . Mature bulls weigh from 500 to 700 kg (1100-1600 lb).

[Image: IMG_2680.jpg]

(01-03-2019, 03:01 AM)StripeyTail101 Wrote: For my next request could we maybe restart one I requested before? Namely this one:

https://carnivora.net/showthread.php?tid=4156

Change it to two lions this time. But if we're still not doing pantherine vs bovid matchups for a while thats fine.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Thanks Taipan! Its A LOT more fairer now! XD

Its a 50/50 here. If the lions manage to both attack the bull at once they would definitely take victory. If the bull however manages to kill one lion the other would not be able to take down the bull itself, thus the bull would win.

I think I give my vote to the lions here since they work well together.
Two lions can overcome one large buffalo can do the same to the bull.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvrzjqcLyE2x1TQvejwfq...4IDvD2d3Tt]
OldMan
I'm fairly confident of lion victory. It's just going to take some time but it is what will happen eventually. When the bull is focusing on 1 lion, the other will jump onto it and latch on. Then the first lion will also attack the bull and they'll eventually kill it. The fact lions have experience killing bull-like animals (buffalos) whilst the average Spanish fighting bull has never seen a pantherine will help the lions.
I think the cape buffalo is more impressive to the Spanish fighting bull, and 2 male lions could conceivably bring down the former. The Spanish fighting bull is at an immediate disadvantage and the only way I see it winning is if one of the 2 lions messes up and gets itself gored early on, but if they play their cards right they'd win most of the time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Yeah, WAY fairer than the old matchup.
I'd indeed favor the lions as well, due to their experience with bovids like Cape buffalo, their teamwork, and their numerical advantage. However, the bull does indeed stand a chance this time, and if it gores one of the lions early on than it would most likely win.
Lions 65/35.
The Lions are gonna win. 2 might be able to take down a Cape buffalo, I don't see the bull standing much of a chance
I am pretty sure just one male lion is enough to bring down the spanish bull. Especially if the bull's weight is around 500 kg and not to the other end of its range - 700 kg.