Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fossa
0%
0 0%
Tayra
100.00%
2 100.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fossa v Tayra
(11-11-2018, 02:39 AM)Carnivorous Vulgaris Wrote: I'm still undecided, but the total lack of competition in Fossa's life it's a big disadvantage in an hypothetical fight against other aggressive species.

I mean, they do fight other Fossa's right?
[Image: APVwP9.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shin's post:
  • Ferox
(11-11-2018, 03:06 AM)Shin Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 02:39 AM)Carnivorous Vulgaris Wrote: I'm still undecided, but the total lack of competition in Fossa's life it's a big disadvantage in an hypothetical fight against other aggressive species.

I mean, they do fight other Fossa's right?

Oh c'mon, I know you understood my point. But, okay, I'll bite:

I'm still undecided, but being the Fossa the apex predator, the total lack of competition from different species in Fossa's life it's a big disadvantage in an hypothetical interspecific fight.

[Image: DKjAOuZ.jpg]

The Malagasy Crocodyle (Crocodylus niloticus) is the living top predator in Madagascar.
Well, sure, but the Croc is not in competition with Fossa's diet, or everyday life. Crocodiles are always borderline case of predators. I think it is safe to assume the Fossa is the apex predator with no competition from other species.

But instead of quibbling about this, I'm genuinely open to any information about Fossas fights, both with those smaller predators and interspecies. I'd really like that, cause they are such mysterious creatures.

Another genuine question to anyone who is better informed than me:
Who do you think are the best arboreal "fighters", at parity? I'm not talking about the power of their attack, but their hypothetical arboreal skills in a conflict against other arboreal species.

[Image: DKjAOuZ.jpg]