Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better fighter in Animal kingdom kg on kg
Well, if no "restrictions" is fair, then humans with their artificial-tech win hands down.

From virus level through bacteria, & mini mite-sized arthropods to elephants & blue whales, we've killed plenty.
That's not what I meant... I was talking about the sort of restrictions animals would have to suffer if we changed their size.

But yeah, humans with tools can kill pretty much any animal. That would be going too far though, IMO.
Just a few other animals that haven't been mentioned: Hippopotamus, rhinoceros, fossa, and Tasmanian devil. I'm going to thrown in the gorilla especially a silver back gorilla, although it would probably lose to a tiger or lion of equal weight.
i think bear are on top due to huge in size from prehistoric to till now, felids are complete pair of hunter, the jaguar is the best example of perfection. mustelids are smaller in size from prehistoric to till now thats why nature provide them more durability to survive against massive ursids and marvelous felids.
(05-26-2019, 10:41 PM)onlyfaizy786 Wrote: i think bear are on top due to huge in size from prehistoric to till now, felids are complete pair of hunter, the jaguar is the best example of perfection. mustelids are smaller in size from prehistoric to till now thats why nature provide them more durability to survive against massive ursids and marvelous felids.

This is what I think...

Large Felids (such as lions, tigers, jaguars. leopards, cougars):  Built for ambush, good jumping and short sprint capabilities, muscularly built, lots of energy in a short period of time, very specialized diet of meat

Canids (such as wolves, coyotes):  Designed for long distance running and traveling, good smelling sense, long-distance communication skills (howling)

Ursidae:  Large size, have a more generalized diet (meat, berries, insects), good smelling sense

Mustelids:  Muscularly built, temperamental, aggressive, feisty, has a very good defensive posture (it's hard to attack it), can fight in any position, has lots of energy and can sustain a fight for a very long time (high intensity fighter).
I think Snakes could be a potential contender here. They exploit a vast variety of niches, and remain successful/impressive predators through a large span of size. From Rainbow Boas eating prey larger then themselves and Tree Boas eating large monkeys, to Boa Constrictors esting a large variety of different prey, from carnivorans to lizards to deer, to large Pythons and Anacondas eating Tapirs and BushBuck, along with Hyenas and Cougars.