Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Maori warrior
100.00%
3 100.00%
Deinonychus
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maori Warrior vs Deinonychus
[Image: maori-warriors.jpg]

A single 70kg precolonial Maori warrior, armed with a taiaha, a mere and a kotaha arrow whip and armored with a Kahu Kuri war cloak.

VS

[Image: Deinonychus_FMNH.jpg]

A 100kg Deinonychus.

WHO. IS. DEADLIEST!?
I think the mauri warrior with weapons would be able to defeat a deinonychus based on the weapons he has.
I personally think the Maori will win. His taiaha was tested in Deadliest Warrior and broke a cow spine in a single blow. Alongside its superior reach, I think the Maori will be capable of dealing that one good attack that will put the Deinonychus out of the fight.
(12-30-2018, 09:24 PM)ChocolateCake123 Wrote: Use a 100 kg Deinonychus, they averaged around that!

Edit: Okay, I forgot this is the fantasy section, and any size of Deinonychus is acceptable. I wouldn't favor a 70 kg Deino here, not bug enough

Can you give me a source for the 100kg Deinonychus? Not just a single estimate, I want an average. And don't tell me to go to another thread, bring it here. And I would honestly favour a Maori warrior even over a 100kg Deinonychus.
(12-30-2018, 10:05 PM)Kazanshin Wrote: Can you give me a source for the 100kg Deinonychus? Not just a single estimate, I want an average. And don't tell me to go to another thread, bring it here.  And I would honestly favour a Maori warrior even over a 100kg Deinonychus.

https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley....210X.12226

Look under:

"Estimating body mass in non‐avian bipeds"

Anyway, I think the Maori will win this fight due to superior weapons.

(12-30-2018, 10:31 PM)Lightning Wrote: https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley....210X.12226

Look under:

"Estimating body mass in non‐avian bipeds"
It says AHR model = very unreliable and CF = more reliable than AHR. 
Using AHR, the deinonychus weight is 69.2kg and, using CF, it's 111kg.
Alright then. You've corrected me. I'll change it to a 100kg Deinonychus. Still think the Maori would win.
70kg would be a lightweight Maori warrior, esp' a successful regularly 'long pig' fed one.

& duly note, Maori skillfully used ligature lines, loops & snares to capture birds, so a dino somewhat similar
in size & form to the really big ratites ( giant moa) they plundered, would also be dealt to, in a likewise way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mondas's post:
  • Kazanshin
I'd imagine a Maori would make a pretty fancy cloak with what's left of the deinonychus after this.
If its true that the club can generate enough force to break the spine of a cow with one blow, then I just feel sorry for the deinonychus.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/jaxz7aT.jpg[/img]
Deadliest Warrior tests don't lie: the taiaha is indeed a spine breaker. I'm interested in knowing Chococake's opinion now that the Deino is 100kg.
And who do you think will get the best of the other first? I do agree the claws of the Deino will rip the Maori to shreds, but I believe the reach of the taiaha will let the Maori get the first hit.
You can't really bet on both if you have to bet your life. Which one of the two would you bet on?
Undecided it is, then. Your opinion, not matters I should interfere any further with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kazanshin's post:
  • ChocolateCake123