Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Tapes

Does anyone remember ever watching this show? I had and I remember when I used to be so obsessed with it back when it was airing. I even got the 1st and 2nd seasons on DVD.

I can say its a guilty pleasure of mine. I always liked the idea of what-if encounters of such creatures especially in found-footage Blair Witch Project style.

If I could come up with my own seasons these would be it.

Season 4:
S4, EP1: Kasai Rex
Summary: A zoologist in Africa is studying the intelligence of elephants only to find himself being stalked and hunted by an ancient prehistoric predator.

S4, EP2: Vampire Beast
Summary: After the disappearances and killings of pets. City officials are sent to investigate only to find their search put to a halt when they enter the territory of a deadly predator supposedly the source of it all.

S4, EP3: Sea Serpent
Summary: People have been disappearing off the coast of Spain. So the Enigma Corporation decides to find out why they are and soon finds out its the work of a monster thought to had only existed in sailors tales.

S4, EP4: Loch Ness Monster
Summary: A group of cryptozoologists decide to go to Loch Ness to try and prove the existence of the Loch Ness Monster only once they find the creature they learn that it doesn't like to be disturbed.

S4, EP5: Ropen
Summary: An expedition in Papua New Guinea in search of an unknown and mysterious tribe turns into horror for a group of explorers when they encounter a flying terror.

S4, EP6: Beast of Gevaudan
Summary: A couple goes to the France countryside to have a romantic getaway but it is soon interrupted when a large deadly beast begins to hunt them.

S4, EP7: Waheela
Summary: A research team in the Arctic are studying why global warming had been on the rise for the past few decades but soon their research is put aside when they find out they're being hunted down by a pack of large unknown predators.

S4, EP8: Skunk Ape
Summary: Park rangers in Florida are hired to remove as many Burmese Pythons and other invasive animal species from the Everglades but soon invasive species proves to be the least of their worries once they find themselves being terrorized by a large hairy foul-smelling humanoid.

S4, EP9: Lernaean Hydra
Summary: University colleagues on a trip in Greece goes to Lerna to shoot a movie about the story of Heracles fighting the Lernaean Hydra only to realize that it maybe no myth at all.

S4, EP10: Dragon
Summary: A group of friends go mountain climbing on a mountain in Europe only to later encounter a legendary winged beast thought to had only existed in myths living near the top.

Season 5:
S5, EP1: Mummy
Summary: A tomb of a mummy is found in Egypt and brought back to a museum for display but after the mysterious death of one of the security guards. The Enigma Corporation is called in to help.

S5, EP2: Ghoul
Summary: Upon the death of a famous rich man who has been buried with his money and riches. A group of grave robbers decide to take it all for themselves only to encounter a mysterious humanoid creature that has a craving for flesh.

S5, EP3: Phantom Cat
Summary: A farmer and his wife in England are finding their livestock being killed by a mysterious predator every night only to realize soon on the next night they're the next meal.

S5, EP4: Megalodon
Summary: Upon the announcement of a submarine capable of resisting high pressures keep in the ocean. A research team consisting of animal biologists are sent into the Mariana Trench to find and discover new species only to encounter a large ancient predator thought to had been extinct millions of years ago.

S5, EP5: Ogopogo
Summary: What began as a boat cruise on Lake Okanagan for tourists turns into horror when the ferry enters the territory of an all known lake monster by the locals.

S5, EP6: Mapinguari
Summary: Due to a series of unexplained animal attacks near a village in Brazil. The Enigma Corporation is hired to investigate.

S5, EP7: Nandi Bear
Summary: A family goes on a safari in Africa with their tour guide but soon it's a fight for survival when they all get stalked by an unknown predator.

S5, EP8: Brosno Dragon
Summary: A wildlife photographer goes to Lake Brosno to get pictures of the wildlife but soon its a matter of survival when a gigantic monster from the lake comes after him.

S4, EP9: Kappa
Summary: Upon hearing the reports of a mysterious creature drowning people in Japan. The Enigma Corporation is called in to investigate.

S5, EP10: Grey Alien
Summary: Two friends driving back home from work after a long night are suddenly abducted by mysterious beings with the intention of doing various tests on them. Luckily for them they manage to break themselves free but must still find a way to escape.

I also haven't thought of a complete Season 6 yet but here's one episode idea I came up with for it.

Lost Tapes: Bunyip
Premise: An Australian family purchases a lakeside summer home to begin spending their Summers there only for it to become a nightmare when a beast living in the lake thought to had only existed in the Aborigines Dreamtime stories begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Griffin
Premise: A group of treasure hunters in Iran searches for a lost ancient and valuable treasure only to find it being guarded by a creature thought to had only existed in legends.

Lost Tapes: Krampus
Summary: When their parents must work on Christmas Eve and gets their neglectful older sister to watch over them. Two misbehaved siblings takes advantage of this such as opening their presents only to face the consequences when a mysterious horned being begins terrorizing them.

Lost Tapes: Minotaur
Premise: A trip to Crete turns into a nightmare for a group of friends when they decide to explore the labyrinth when what they thought was a legend proves to be all too real.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DinosaurMichael's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
No I have not watched this but the trailer and adventures seems to be cool.
Yup. Definitely watched this in my earlier years. I was pretty captivated by the show too.
[Image: 9wf8nho.png]
I actually remember when the show initially had different monsters with different people, then changed into an investigative team type show.
What do you guys think of this one?

Lost Tapes: Yowie
Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings dismissing the warnings from the local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime Stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.

(02-04-2019, 01:56 PM)ApexBoy Wrote: I actually remember when the show initially had different monsters with different people, then changed into an investigative team type show.

Those were only a few episodes. Some episodes still were like Seasons 1 and 2.
(02-04-2019, 02:00 PM)DinosaurMichael Wrote: What do you guys think of this one?

Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings dismissing the warnings from the local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime Stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.

(02-04-2019, 01:56 PM)ApexBoy Wrote: I actually remember when the show initially had different monsters with different people, then changed into an investigative team type show.

^Have to admit I only watched two or three of the investigative team episodes. 

They actually went for vampires and zombies instead of a cryptid/prehistoric creature.
(02-04-2019, 02:09 PM)ApexBoy Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 02:00 PM)DinosaurMichael Wrote: What do you guys think of this one?

^Have to admit I only watched two or three of the investigative team episodes. 

They actually went for vampires and zombies instead of a cryptid/prehistoric creature.
I honestly liked that because it brought in more variety rather then cryptids.

Granted I wasn't fond of the Quetzalcoatl episode...Kraken and Yeti (Even if the deaths at the end being attributed to drowning didn't make any sense) were the only episodes I liked from Season 3 which I felt was a step down from the first two seasons.
Seen some episodes and I think the whole thing is ridiculous and feels like a few snippets from a poorly made low budget horror movie
[Image: giphy.gif]
Other ideal episodes.

Lost Tapes: Champ
Summary: Fishermen catches more then they bargain for when they capture and kill an strange infant animal from the lake only to face the wrath of its angry mother bent out on killing them.

Lost Tapes: Lusca
Summary: Enthusiast thrill seekers goes to the Blue Holes for cave diving to explore only for their fun to turn into a nightmare in the presence of an underwater predator that dwells there.

Lost Tapes: Mega Bear (Short-faced bear)
Summary: What starts off as a fun camping trip in Yukon for a divorced father and his children becomes a deadly fight for survival when they find themselves being hunted by a prehistoric throwback to the Ice Age.

Lost Tapes: Mega Cat (Smilodon)
Summary: A vacation in South America between newlyweds and friends celebrating their marriage turns into survival when they find themselves being pursued by a long extinct carnivore.
(02-04-2019, 02:14 PM)DinosaurMichael Wrote: I honestly liked that because it brought in more variety rather then cryptids.

Granted I wasn't fond of the Quetzalcoatl episode...Kraken and Yeti (Even if the deaths at the end being attributed to drowning didn't make any sense) were the only episodes I liked from Season 3 which I felt was a step down from the first two seasons.

Did you see the Poltergeist episode? It seemed more like those found footage horror films than the typical show.