Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why domestics cats not warm-hearted, loyal like domestics dogs?
I wonder scientific explanation about this.
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT3njqF11jQ7D2WpTr-l...iTQwMphaum]
They're not like that, it is just that a lot of them don't like to be peted and their only way of telling you is by biting your hand but they know how to control the force applied, search up for cases of domestic cats risking his lifes to save family members, you're going to find a good number of them, dogs are more social than cats however cats will attack a much bigger thing to defend you too.
                               [Image: MG_6373-960x500_c.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Messi's post:
  • Lightning
This has nothing to do with heart and sensibility. For some reason we keep humanizing animals behavior, abilities or feelings, as if we are entitled to judge what we cannot understand.

Anyway, both animals are capable of love, the difference is in their social life: cats are felines, and feline are (almost) always lone species; they can create strong relationships, but they are no "social animals" by human definition; their social life has a different meaning to human ones. We see them as cold because we don't understand them. Dogs instead are more similar to humans the way they express emotions and live the group.
[-] The following 2 users Like Carnivorous Vulgaris's post:
  • Lightning, theGrackle
A reason why cats let you know they're not enjoying being peted and dogs don't is because cats don't see you as their boss or the leader of the group, dogs respect his alpha.
This is a really good video that basically gets at why NO other domesticated animals are quite like dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dwjS_eI-lQ

Its about the domesticated foxes... but if you just pretend that they're talking about cats instead it basically gets to the point.
(02-07-2019, 11:47 PM)M4A2E4 Wrote: that basically gets at why NO other domesticated animals are quite like dogs

In what sense?
Similar question: Why women like men and men like women? Ask yourself a question, don ask questions to other humans. More chances to get the right answer to any question.
(02-08-2019, 01:16 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: Similar question: Why women like men and men like women? Ask yourself a question, don ask questions to other humans. More chances to get the right answer to any question.

first some woman like men some like woman some men like men depends

ALso some cats are more loyal than dogs. My bengal cats listen more better than my co. CO is loyal to his horses not loyal to me at all. 

how do i upload pics of him? anyways he is just there to protect stock he does not give two shits about us lol 

ALSO cats go into depression if the person they bond with dies. I have seen it too many times. There is a lot of misconceptions regarding cats. Recall my bengal responds better than any of my dogs.  I can prove this on video.
Looking for others to collaborate with others on youtube.
My channel has the best animal vs plus all my exotics and zoo pets
https://www.youtube.com/user/cateyes221981

[-] The following 1 user Likes PinkWitch's post:
  • Lightning
(02-08-2019, 03:13 AM)PinkWitch Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:16 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: Similar question: Why women like men and men like women? Ask yourself a question, don ask questions to other humans. More chances to get the right answer to any question.

first some woman like men some like woman some men like men depends

ALso some cats are more loyal than dogs. My bengal cats listen more better than my co. CO is loyal to his horses not loyal to me at all. 

how do i upload pics of him? anyways he is just there to protect stock he does not give two shits about us lol 

ALSO cats go into depression if the person they bond with dies. I have seen it too many times. There is a lot of misconceptions regarding cats. Recall my bengal responds better than any of my dogs.  I can prove this on video.

I believe you. 

"There is a lot of misconceptions regarding cats." This concerns not only cats. A lot of information and little knowledge, because information are superficial. Food which was intended for masses.
I found some info:

Quote:Zak therefore took saliva samples from all of the companions, both shortly before and after a playful stint with their owners, and measured oxytocin levels. While studies have already shown that both dogs and their owners release oxytocin while gazing into one another’s eyes, likely facilitating the formation of and strengthening close relationships, fewer studies have looked at cats.
On average, dogs were found to produce almost five times as much oxytocin than cats after frolicking with their human companions, with saliva levels rising by 57.2 percent and 12 percent from initial levels, respectively. In addition, only half of the cats actually demonstrated raised levels of oxytocin. While this doesn’t mean that “dogs love us five times more than cats do,” it does at least seem to make sense.

In general, cats are more solitary than dogs – wolves, from which dogs originate, are highly social animals that live and hunt in packs, whereas many cats go it alone. Oxytocin has been shown to facilitate social bonding in dogs, alongside others, and can boost dog bonding behavior towards humans and other dogs when administered externally. On the other hand, studies have suggested that cats don’t form secure attachments with their owners, while dogs depend on humans for safety

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.iflscie...e-cats-do/
Dogs are "supersocial" and go to great lengths specifically to seek human interactions. Most other domesticated animals will simply "tolerate" human presence, or seek them for some material need [i.e. food].
(02-08-2019, 05:01 AM)M4A2E4 Wrote: Dogs are "supersocial" and go to great lengths specifically to seek human interactions. Most other domesticated animals will simply "tolerate" human presence, or seek them for some material need [i.e. food].

What amazes me is how an animal which is supposed to "tolerate human presence and no more" can risk his life attacking bears, fully grown men, big dogs, etc... all that with the purpose of protecting a house's member such as a kid or a pet which doesn't gives him food.
I think intelligence matters are a lot as well. House cats don't seem as the sharpest knives around, then adding in the fact that they are solitary animals as well. I get more of an impression that cats protect their "property" more than they protect their "friends".
(02-08-2019, 05:50 AM)Ryo Wrote: I think intelligence matters are a lot as well. House cats don't seem as the sharpest knives around, then adding in the fact that they are solitary animals as well. I get more of an impression that cats protect their "property" more than they protect their "friends".

There are videos of cat defending members of his family outside their territory.
Like I said, I see no reason for why the domestic cat does not view its family members as property. They generally do not seem to connect and bond with their own young as well as larger felines does. Sometimes they may view their family members as a combination of property, resource and Kittens.
It protecting them, I feel like has more to do with said cat having huge balls, more than it cares for them.