Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which land mammal predators can kill siberian tiger?
Which land mammal predators can kill siberian tiger in fight?

1)Prehistoric
2)Today
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT3njqF11jQ7D2WpTr-l...iTQwMphaum]
Poisonous snake, lion, bear on the land, crocodile, killer whale, white shark in the water. Possibly leopard or jaguar can injure a tiger.
Prehistoric: Lots of Bears, American Lion, Smilodons, Ngandong Tiger, Bear Dog and Andrewsarchus.

Modern: Polar Bear and Kodiak Bear? And Bengal Tiger.
You forgot Xenosmilus
Very Large African Lion, Bengal Tiger, Brown Bear, Polar bear, Walrus,Crocodiles, Anaconda in water and All Marine predators outweighing the tiger by a significant margin.

Past:
Barbary Lion and Larger Lion species, Larger Tiger species, Larger big cat species, Bear species etc
Modern days: Polar bear, brown bear (larger subspies and at parity), american and asiatic black bears (big males and at parity), nepalese tiger, bengal tiger, african lion, african elephant, asian elephant, king cobra, komodo dragon, other poisonouse snakes, wild boar, wlarus, elephant seal.

Extinct: T rex, utah raptir, cave bear, smilodon, american lion, barbary lion, megalosaurus, giant crocs, etc
(02-13-2019, 03:08 AM)bitisgabonica Wrote: Very Large African Lion, Bengal Tiger, Brown Bear, Polar bear, Walrus,Crocodiles, Anaconda in water and  All Marine predators outweighing the tiger by a significant margin.

Past:
Barbary Lion and Larger Lion species, Larger Tiger species, Larger big cat species, Bear species etc

Ordinary lion can kill a tiger

Anaconda can't kill a tiger
(02-13-2019, 11:49 AM)Old Tibetan Blue Bear Wrote: Modern days: Polar bear, brown bear (larger subspies and at parity), american and asiatic black bears (big males and at parity...

Got any reputable sources to back your seemingly unfounded notions about ursid combat superiority at "parity"?

Or is this purely a 'feeling-based' opinion, & derived from the likes of 'Dominion of the Bears' or somesuch bogus stuff?
Species that will win more often then not:
Polar bear
Any subspecies of brown bears

Species that stands a good chance:

Lion
Black Bear

Why are everyone are mentioning anacondas and elephants? The title specially says *land mammal predators*
No Black Bear is beating a tiger at parity

A komodo is also not killing one.
(02-13-2019, 06:05 PM)Ferox Wrote: No Black Bear is beating a tiger at parity

A komodo is also not killing one.
Maybe not more often then not, but it still stands a chance.

Komodo Dragon can kill a tiger but would not win in a fight.
What you pulled here is a self-contradictory fallacy.
There is no logical reason behind your statement as it tries to bring points from the opposing sides.
So that is a appeal to ignorance fallacy.
(02-13-2019, 05:28 PM)Sky Lemon Panther Wrote: Any subspecies of brown bears

Even the smaller Himalayan and Syrian subspecies?

Wouldn't the bears require a significant size advantage to kill a Tiger?
(02-13-2019, 06:34 PM)Ferox Wrote: What you pulled here is a self-contradictory fallacy.
There is no logical reason behind your statement as it tries to bring points from the opposing sides.
So that is a appeal to ignorance fallacy.

How so? I didn't have the time to explain because I was in hurry. It's quite hypocrite to call me the ignorant when you always favour the cats with your biased and baseless arguments.

Black Bears are not that much smaller then tigers and sometimes they reach similar size, so tell me why shouldn't it stand a chance? And where is the evidence that big cats are stronger then bears at parity? Show me, I am not afraid to be proven wrong.

Also "self-contradictory", I guess you misunderstood what I actually meant. Komodo Dragon can kill a tiger if it infects it with their venomous bite but will not get away without the tiger also killing it in return.

(02-13-2019, 06:49 PM)ApexBoy Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:28 PM)Sky Lemon Panther Wrote: Any subspecies of brown bears

Even the smaller Himalayan and Syrian subspecies?

Wouldn't the bears require a significant size advantage to kill a Tiger?

Well, I am not too aware of those species, perhaps have they been shrinking in size lately? I was mostly referring to Grizzly, Kodiak and Eurasian bears.

Also can we consider wildboar as predators? Since they're omnivorous.