Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Asian Golden Eagle (Berkut)
33.33%
2 33.33%
Philippine Eagle
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Asian Golden Eagle (Berkut) v Philippine Eagle
^ I wasn’t agreeing with you don’t twist words and repeat disproven information it was 79% and the pe hunts flying lemurs 90% except on Luzon where they are not present. The outliers do not represent the majority of a group. You are not getting what I am saying at all.
It’s not that it can’t handle large and dangerous prey, which it can and sometimes does, the harpy has more competition so it is not advantageous to attack prey on the lower stages of the rainforest more dangerous competition than the philippine eagle habitat.
The night is dark and full of terrors
Sorry I never twist words!  and yes it wss 79% not 97% (my bad) Sloths and its PROVEN & DOCUMENTED. see ref. Below
In LUZON, SAMAR and LEYTE The Philippine eagles have different primary prey such as Snakes, Macaques, Civets, monitor lizard, Giant cloud rat... Colugos or flying lemurs can only be found in Mindanao and comparing a Sloth to a flying lemurs which is more challenging to hunt than to a snail pace movement of a sloth. It will glide off land on a tree and move around it and dissappear.
Quote:I am saying at all. It’s not that it can’t handle large and dangerous prey, which it can and sometimes does, the harpy has more competition so it is not advantageous to attack prey on the lower stages of the rainforest more dangerous competition than the philippine eagle habitat.

This is exactly where I say Correct!
Since it was disadvantageous to Harpy eagle to attack prey on the lower stage of the forests which limits the movement of the eagle to hunt and encounter more variety of prey as compared to Philippine eagle of which patrols the forests from up high the tree top, down to the forests floor and back, that is why I said it was more a experienced hunter it has mre area covered in its home-range, more diff. prey encounters large and small as compared to Harpy eagle based on this assessment.

Reference:
Research conducted by Aguiar-Silva between 2003 and 2005 in a nesting site in Parintins, Amazonas, Brazil, collected remains from prey offered to the nestling by its parents and after sorting them, concluded, in terms of individuals preyed upon, the harpy's prey basis was composed in 79% by sloths from two species: Bradypus variegatus amounting to 39% of the individual prey base, and Choloepus didactylus to 40%; various monkeys amounted to 11.6% of the same prey base.
You tried to use my words to prove or strengthen your which was not the purpose of them. Flying lemurs are nocturnal and at most crepuscular so a d’inutilisés raptor has the advantage over such small, weak, and unexpecting prey. Speed isn’t everything sloths have tremendous strength so ripping one off a tree and killing it while remaining in flight is no easy feat.
79% is less than 90% so in that way the harpy is more experienced. Again I repeat the outliers do not represent the majority. Most philippine eagles live on mindanao island so their prey choice 90% represents the majority not an outlier population on Luzon. The flying lemurs is present throughout most of the philippine eagles range except for Luzon.
If you need me to do your research for you I will but not coming prepared only weakens your argument which was partially false from the start.
Quote: HoundMaster -You tried to use my words to prove or strengthen your which was not the purpose of them.
To make sure it came from you not me to what you were saying, unless of course you don't mean them as true.

Lol! Comparing the flying lemurs to Sloth ?! the SLOWEST almost stationary arboreal mammal on the planet... Do you even realized how easy to pick a sloth than to flying lemurs. 

Cynocephalus volans (Flying Lemur, Philippine Flying Lemur)

Range Description: This species is endemic to the Philippines, where it is only found in the Mindanao Faunal Region.

Source: Cynocephalus volans (Flying Lemur, Philippine Flying Lemur) - IUCN Red ...
www.iucnredlist.org › details

I cant blame you. you probably havent seen the Flying lemurs video being chased by the Philippine ealge.. you should research more! Smile

https://youtu.be/gU4XhWJgvrY
watch it at 06.00 - 07.00  the Pnil-eagle chasing a flying lemurs and also the eagle eating on a  snake.
Flying lemurs are nocturnal sleeping by the day but when its in danger ITS NOT STUPID, naturally it will glide off to escape.

FYI Study in Luzon island is been long overdue they need to conduct studies on the eagles there that is why there no data available.
Wasn’t that impressive still it’s an nocturnal animal attacked during the day so it’s not at its best. Regardless we have steered of course which happens a lot nowadays. Posters us half truths or fabricated truths and when unable to defend and contribute appropriately to the argument, begin personal attacks and stubbornly clog up threads never reaching a conclusion.

So, wallacetic, since your seem very adamant and captivated by the philippine eagle why do you think it will beat the berkut golden eagle in a deathmatch?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoundMaster's post:
  • onlyfaizy786
(03-21-2019, 12:40 PM)HoundMaster Wrote: Wasn’t that impressive still it’s an nocturnal animal attacked during the day so it’s not at its best. Regardless we have steered of course which happens a lot nowadays. Posters us half truths or fabricated truths and when unable to defend and contribute appropriately to the argument, begin personal attacks and stubbornly clog up threads never reaching a conclusion.

So, wallacetic, since your seem very adamant and captivated by the philippine eagle why do you think it will beat the berkut golden eagle in a deathmatch?
true i am with you killing snake or flying lemur doesnt make sense to beat berkut golden eagle whom similar in weight infact better talons, wider strong legs, more fighting experience with different eagles and vultures in different regions.
[Image: t70ok8.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes onlyfaizy786's post:
  • HoundMaster