Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pleistocene Jaguar
100.00%
11 100.00%
Kangals (3)
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleistocene Jaguar v Kangals (3)
Pleistocene Jaguar - Panthera onca augusta
Panthera onca augusta, commonly known as the Pleistocene North American jaguar, is an extinct subspecies of the jaguar that was endemic to North and South America during the Pleistocene epoch (1.8 mya—11,000 years ago), existing for approximately 10.2 million years. Fossils have been uncovered from Cueva del Mylodon, Chile, Piaui, Brazil, and north to Adams County, Washington. The jaguar is the largest member of the cat family living today in the western hemisphere. Modern jaguars range in weight from 36 to 158 kg (80 to 350 lbs). During the last Ice Age, the jaguars found in the United States were even larger than this. Some may have weighed up to 190 kg (420 lbs).

[Image: Panthera-onca-augusta.jpg]

Kangals (3)
The Kangal Dog is regarded as the national breed from the Kangal region of Turkey. The Kangal was originally used as a livestock guardian dog. It is of an early mastiff type with a solid, pale tan or sabled coat, and with a black mask. The breed is often referred to as a sheep dog, but distinction has to be made in regards to its function not as a herding dog, but as a flock guardian that lives with the flock to actively fend off wolves, bears and jackals. The Sivas Kangal Dog's protectiveness, loyalty and gentleness with small children and animals has led to its growing popularity as a guardian for families as well, as it regards people as its "flock" and guards them with extreme devotion. At maturity, at least two years old, Kangals measure at the withers, from 30-32 inches for males and 28-30 inches for females. A male Kangal Dog in good condition should weigh between 125 and 165 pounds. A female should weigh between 90 and 120 pounds. The Kangal Dog is not as heavy as some other mastiff breeds, allowing it greater speed and agility than larger dogs.

[Image: kangal_dog.jpg]

(03-16-2019, 09:09 PM)Uncia Wrote: Gombazso jaguar vs 3 kangals.

I used a different similar weighted extinct subspecies.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Jaguar too big for kangals.

Up to 190 kg monster.

Wins by skull bites...
[Image: h6pv5tpur4lz.jpg]
gg
[-] The following 3 users Like Lightning's post:
  • Black Ice, Ferox, Vita
(03-17-2019, 08:44 PM)Uncia Wrote: Jaguar too big for kangals.

Up to 190 kg monster.

Wins by skull bites...
So did you create a mismatch on purpose, also called a spite thread?
(03-19-2019, 07:22 AM)Ryo Wrote: So did you create a mismatch on purpose, also called a spite thread?

Uncia did not use the words 'mismatch' or 'spite' anywhere in his post.
Nono, I used the word spite. I have yet to come out for a case where someone made a match and then themselves called it a spite thread on any forum, that question is asked by those who reads it. I am asking because he stated that the Jaguar was too big, which makes me wonder why he did not make a match where he still wasn't certain the feline couldn't just skull bite the entire group and use, say, 4 or 5 Kangals.
He said the jaguar would win but he didn't say that he believes it's a mismatch or that the dogs stand no chance at all.
I never said mismatch mr.small brain...

My mean, Jaguar has 7-8/10 chance.

But you can't understand again and again...
If your english wasn't utterly horrible, perhaps that would change. It is not unordinary for you to think Canines vs Felines (especially with dogs) tends to be mismatches in favor of the feline. You already knew who would be winning this yes? And by quite a lot as well. So why not more dogs?
How many Kangals do you think it would take to make it a 50-50? And how many before a 60-40 to the dogs?
Blah blah blah.... but yes u're right..

A ryo breed dog vs prehistoric jaguar versus was definitely better than that..
I think both of you should restrain from what might turn into a pointless cycle of ad hominem.
Twice now just today Ryo was called “small-brained”; that cycle has already begun.
[Image: v7sjr4.jpg]
And a cycle would require both of us doing it right? I haven't thus far, if it was the case. I am being called names instead of being provided an actual argument that would not take much effort to make.
C'mon now Ryo, be honest.

Your 'cognitive dissonance' regarding the thread subject is clearly driving your 'ad hominem' response,
& so appears to be predicated on provoking a like reaction, rather than discussing the actual subject.

Since when does Taipan approve "spite" threads in this section?
If Taipan figured this was a "mismatch on purpose" he'd surely relegate it to the 'fantasy' zone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mondas's post:
  • Uncia
On both Forums, I have found him asking people who made matches and then said "this one clearly wins" why they decided to make it in the first place. A thread even got locked on the old website for doing just that. Because the one making the thread saw it as a clear win for one side already before it was made, not himself.

So I ask again, how many Kangals before this match is actually close to even? Because some people would barely favor 3 dogs over an ordinary Jag (not me) let alone this beast.