Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lion vs bear historical fights.
Interesting datas and topic..

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/of...t-1915471/
The bear is usually larger and heavier but the lion has s stronger bite . Basically the bear won every time in the coliseum fights due to weighting more and having more stamina . Me personally, I would favor a bear over a modern day big cat any day
Oh boy another one of these topics!
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
[-] The following 2 users Like Black Ice's post:
  • K9Bite, Kazanshin
(03-23-2019, 09:59 AM)Hippo fan 2003 Wrote: The bear is usually larger and heavier but the lion has s stronger bite . Basically the bear won every time in the coliseum fights due to weighting more and having more stamina . Me personally, I would favor a bear over a modern day big cat any day

"Won every time" huh?

Thats a few bold claims you've entered there, Hippo fan. 

Care to cite some reputable back-up?

Linked below, a study shows how brutally effective the precisely-zoned 'blitz attack' method of big cats really is.
& also, that bears, by not being expert-killer hypercarnivores, are bluntly haphazard in comparison.

https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/26814769 

Having stamina potential, (or carrying extra winter-weight fat) can't help the bear stop the targeted 'blitz attack' &
energy-intensity of a full-force kill-mission, by a experiential-expertise focussed, or 'combat-trained', real big cat.
(03-23-2019, 09:59 AM)Hippo fan 2003 Wrote: the bear won every time in the coliseum fights

Only according to generic statements. There are generic statements about cougars defeating grizzly bears almost every time from old Native American sources. There are very few actual, detailed accounts of bears defeating/killing lions. There are far more of vice versa. But I don't care about any account older than 1950 anyway, they're usually bs.
There’s accounts of me doing cocaine too but the feds don’t have enough reputable proof to charge me.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
[-] The following 3 users Like Black Ice's post:
  • Lightning, parduscat, zergthe