Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Dark Knight
12.50%
1 12.50%
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
37.50%
3 37.50%
The Empire Stikes Back
12.50%
1 12.50%
LOTR: The Return of the King
0%
0 0%
Aliens
0%
0 0%
Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
0%
0 0%
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban
0%
0 0%
Spider Man 2
12.50%
1 12.50%
Lethal Weapon 2
0%
0 0%
Other: Please specify
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequel Films that are better than the Original?
Generally Sequels suck, but on occassion they are better than the Original.

Any ones you want to nominate?
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Okay, don’t laugh me out of the room, but Cinderella 3 is genuinely hilarious 

Also, Shrek 2: enough said.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes as well I think is better than Rise, whether @zergthe wants to back me up on that or not
(04-07-2019, 11:09 PM)ScottishWildcat Wrote: Okay, don’t laugh me out of the room, but Cinderella 3 is genuinely hilarious 

Today is sad day for us, we lost a friend. We will always remember your joy of posting and your profile pics. Goodbye SWC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Carnivorous Vulgaris's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
Oh, I’m sorry, I was under the impression you had taste 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottishWildcat's post:
  • Carnivorous Vulgaris
(04-08-2019, 12:42 AM)ScottishWildcat Wrote: Oh, I’m sorry, I was under the impression you had taste 

[Image: ouch-that-hurts-bro-meme.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Carnivorous Vulgaris's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
Easily Aliens.

I'd also go to say that Dawn and War were better then Rise of the first apes reboot trilogy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DinosaurMichael's post:
  • theGrackle
Eh, personally I think War was the weakest entry in that trilogy, but they were all excellent movies nonetheless
Nein, Dawn and War were better than Rise.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
Iron Man 1 and 3 are the most enjoyable movies  of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

Even the first Avengers seemed somewhat dull and corny.
^I haven't seen those two in particular, but I do agree that the majority of Marvel movies seem just overwhelmingly dull. Black Panther was good, but maybe that's only in comparison to what's around it. (I'm dreading having to sit through another year's worth of Infinity War ((2)) discussions, it's the same attitude I have towards the prospect of watching the 2020 election)

But on the Apes subject, idk. War definitely is good, but I feel like I wanted it to live up to its title a bit more. The first ten minutes are absolutely amazing, but battles on that scale never really happen again. It's more "Prison Break of the Planet of the Apes" than anything. I mean, it is really good though

Rise might not be the most cohesive movie ever, or look the best, but I think it has a lot more simple charm that gradually builds up. There's so many iconic moments ("No!" "Ceaser is home." The final shot, the entire bridge fight, etc) that I personally think its more enjoyable to watch than War

Are we agreed that Dawn is the best of them though?
The thing about War is that it’s not so much about the war between the humans and the apes but the war inside Caesar, as well as false advertising on the trailer side of things. There are a couple good video essays on this topic, too, but one of them I am unable to find, so here’s this one for now:

Imo Dawn was the weakest in terms of the soundtrack, but I don’t know if Dawn is the best. None of them truly hold that title, though I do agree that Dawn is certainly the most solid.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
[-] The following 1 user Likes zergthe's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

One of the best fiction movie ever.
[-] The following 2 users Like Melanosuchus's post:
  • Taipan, theGrackle
The original trilogy in Star Wars was the thing. Every new chapter was better than the previous, the prequels also were not bad, but the new movies are not better at all.
Also, Predators(2010) was a really awesome movie, but I'm not sure if it's better than the earlier two films. I think they're equally good.
[Image: 1200px-Cryolophosaurus_skeleton_mount_FMNH.jpg]
(04-08-2019, 05:18 PM)Cryolophosaurus Wrote: The original trilogy in Star Wars was the thing. Every new chapter was better than the previous, the prequels also were not bad, but the new movies are not better at all.

Empire Strikes back was better than Star Wars, but Return of the Jedi was the weaker of the three IMO. As for the prequels, they started bad, but the second was an improvement, and the third, Revenge of the Sith the best. As for the new ones, The Force Awakens was quite good, but the follow up, the Last Jedi, was the worst of the 8 Star War films made. Lets hope the upcoming last installment, will be a major improvement on the last two (the series needs it!)
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
The first star wars movie had too much boring desert filler at beginning, so that's way why I say it's the weakest of the original trilogy.
[Image: fa238bc94c8d2f26baec8e560125b8a5.gif]