Poll: Marijuana - legalise it or not?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Legalise it
66.67%
4 66.67%
Should remain an illegal activity?
33.33%
2 33.33%
Unsure.
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana - legalise or not?
Seems that Marijuana is now starting to become more accepted to the point that it is now be legalised in Countries like Canada. It is still illegal in Australia. Anyone got views on whether legalisation is a good thing or not?

[Image: Can-I-get-two-large-medium-pizzas_o_141913.jpg]
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Lucky them. Alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana. It all depends on the person.
^ Legalise it all, let individuals choose, & duly take responsiblity for what they do, why not?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mondas's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
(05-13-2019, 05:01 PM)Mondas Wrote: ^ Legalise it all, let individuals choose, & duly take responsiblity for what they do, why not?

Sure, but what restrictions? Similar to alcohol? Must be 18 etc?
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
I think treating it like alcohol is fair enough. I’m not sure about the specifics but I just think the amount of people imprisoned for such an ultimately harmless thing is shocking
There’s still a lot we don’t know about it. Currently it seems substantially less dangerous than other substances, but I’ve heard police find it hard to charge people where it’s legal if they’re driving high iirc.
In minors, it’s already able to stunt brain development as well. So I’m not wholly certain it should be totally legalized due to the amount of unknown, but it seems safer than other substances. Minimum age requirement should be 21 so your brain can become fully developed.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
^ Fair points, some things are best avoided 'til adulthood. Not that any real keen teenagers ever let that stop 'em.
^ You need to be banned, for being so monumentally ignorant in your trolling.
^ Stay away from cannabis S-K, you cannot afford to reduce your severely limited neuronal functioning level, any further.
^ Too late for you already, huh? That'd explain a few things about the nonsensical ideas you hold, so shamelessly.
Here in Belgium it is 'partly' legal; there's a version of marijuana with only CBD and 0,2% THC (legally maximum).
                                                 [Image: giphy.gif]
(05-14-2019, 07:53 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: This drug just needs to banned. Period. By making it legal, they are just encouraging people to take it more often, nothing else.

I agree with where you’re coming from, but not what you’re saying ultimately. I don’t anyway that doesn’t take marijuana already is going to be much bothered about it being legalised either way. Obviously addiction is the problem, but just denying people access to the thing they’re addicted too and chucking them in prison for it is not the solution. How we stop people from getting addicted in the first place is the problem, not completely forbidding the sources of that addiction
If we ban it altogether here in America, it’s not gonna go any better than the Prohibition Act lmao.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
[-] The following 2 users Like zergthe's post:
  • Mondas, ScottishWildcat
(05-14-2019, 08:18 AM)ScottishWildcat Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 07:53 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: This drug just needs to banned. Period. By making it legal, they are just encouraging people to take it more often, nothing else.

I agree with where you’re coming from, but not what you’re saying ultimately. I don’t anyway that doesn’t take marijuana already is going to be much bothered about it being legalised either way. Obviously addiction is the problem, but just denying people access to the thing they’re addicted too and chucking them in prison for it is not the solution. How we stop people from getting addicted in the first place is the problem, not completely forbidding the sources of that addiction

Only a fairly small % of people have addiction issues with cannabis, & they'd likely have problems with any drug
that affects the way they think/feel/act.

I'd reckon the synthetic THC is a fair bit more problematic than the natural plant-derived product.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mondas's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
^ S-K, dude, you just have no idea, do you...

Cannabis has been known to have psycho-active properties since pre-history & has been illegal for less than a century.
Yet, the harms done by making it expensive 'forbidden fruit', & by criminal sanctions - has caused far more damage...