Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tiger with mane

[Image: t70ok8.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like onlyfaizy786's post:
  • Kazanshin, parduscat
Thanks for sharing!
(05-16-2019, 04:25 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: Thanks for sharing!

is it really Sumatran tiger dude? i am surprise to see that huge and muscular..
[-] The following 1 user Likes onlyfaizy786's post:
  • Sher Khan
Yes. Believe it or not, if you see tigers in person, they are surprisingly larger and heavier than you expect them to be.

Sumatran male tigers - although they are the smallest tiger subspecies, can sometimes rival male African lions in arm size and sturdiness.

Now, just imagine how large and muscular Bengal/Amur tigers would look in person...
[-] The following 2 users Like Sher Khan's post:
  • Ferox, onlyfaizy786
(05-16-2019, 04:34 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: Yes. Believe it or not, if you see tigers in person,  they are surprisingly larger and heavier than you expect them to be.

Sumatran male tigers - although they are the smallest tiger subspecies, can sometimes rival male African lions in arm size and sturdiness.

Now, just imagine how large and muscular Bengal/Amur tigers would look in person...

i saw bengal and siberian tiger live,they were huge in sizes but never had a chance to see sumatran male tiger face to face.
Yep - you should see Sumatrans in person to.

They are amazing, majestic creatures.
(05-16-2019, 04:44 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: Yep - you should see Sumatrans in person to.

They are amazing, majestic creatures.

Have you seen?
  • Sher Khan
I have not, seen a Sumatran tiger in person, unfortunately. However, based on YouTube vids and talking to trainers/experts, I know they can appear extremely large and muscular.
(05-16-2019, 06:18 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: I have not, seen a Sumatran tiger in person, unfortunately. However, based on YouTube vids and talking to trainers/experts, I know they can appear extremely large and muscular.

One of my Malaysian friend told me the same comments that they appear extremely muscular and huge.
  • Sher Khan
Hey Mondas, can you please join my lion vs tiger discord:
https://discord.gg/Zc8GnC
(05-16-2019, 04:40 AM)onlyfaizy786 Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 04:34 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: Yes. Believe it or not, if you see tigers in person,  they are surprisingly larger and heavier than you expect them to be.

i saw bengal and siberian tiger live,they were huge in sizes but never had a chance to see sumatran male tiger face to face.

^ Hilarious tiger-fancier hero-worship! S-K should see the Steve Backshall TV Program 'Fierce' where he gets up
'close & personal' with a wild, lean & muscular Nambian male lion who is then weighed, at 217kg.

Steve remarks on the size of this lion's "arm size & sturdiness" which makes that Sumatran tiger look real runty.
As for the mane comparison, the tiger's is also a fail. It's only a 'ruff', not a mane.
You don't get it, do you?

217 kg is exceptionally large for any extant lion. Even the largest extant lions would be lucky to hit - let alone cross, 200 kg. On the other hand, it is very normal for male tigers to get up 220+ kg.

And FYI, all tiger subspecies, including Sumatrans, have proprotionally greater strength than lions.
^ No, it isn't, another lion weighed by the same study group in Nambia was weighed at 250kg.

& you trot out you usual bullshit opinions about "greater strength", which have zero basis in reality. Pathetic, dude.
(05-16-2019, 07:46 AM)Mondas Wrote: ^ No, it isn't, another lion weighed by the same study group in Nambia was weighed at 250kg.

& you trot out you usual bullshit opinions about "greater strength", which have zero basis in reality. Pathetic, dude.

LOL... are you telling me that it is normal for lions to weigh that much? You are credibility is so bad, do you have any idea?

Craig Packar himself states that it is rare for male lions to hit 500 lbs in the wild. On the other hand, according to tiger experts like Sunquist, Karnarth, Thapar, etc., it is common for male tigers to hit that size.

It's not pathetic my friend, it is factual. Agreed, the difference in strength would not be that much at equal weights, but it is present.
^ Packer hasn't studied lions where they get real big, like in Okovango, or Namibia. & yes, your fanciful ideas are pathetic.