Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
[Image: Godzilla_%E2%80%93_King_of_the_Monsters_...poster.png]

Whose seen the movie already? All I can say is it was a blast! Lots of monster action and what a Godzilla film should always be!  Big Grin
I did. The movie certainly did not disappoint. I was almost tempted to watch it twice then i realised i had exams up my ass...
[Image: 3lt761fpevo21-Copy.png]
Devils don’t come from hell beneath us. They come from the sky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Verdugo's post:
  • DinosaurMichael
I was positively surprised. I had heard some negative stuff about its story, so I decided to go in and watch a movie where gigantic monsters beat the crap outa each other and the wonderful animation. If the story was medium good, then I was happy. And since it had been downplayed like that to me, I was surprised to see that I found the story entertaining as well.
Also:
[Image: 2crs3u4mgj131.png?fbclid=IwAR0POorPmBkKj...bBg1c38VTU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryo's post:
  • DinosaurMichael
Amaterasu's mercy, every single time my girl Mothra appeared and her divine theme played, it sen chills down every atom of my body. I really don't understand why people don't enjoy it, I seriously loved it. And to think that in nothing but nine months Godzilla vs Kong will come out puts a smile on my face. I'll have to say, America, you seriously did a good job using our invention for profit there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kazanshin's post:
  • DinosaurMichael
I just honestly don't understand what critics are raving about on Rotten Tomatoes. Goes to show why you should judge a movie on your own opinion and not on others or sites. Simple as that.

I loved this movie and that's all I need to say about it.
As if we’re supposed to take RT seriously after the whole Last Jedi/Captain Marvel situation, tbh.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
[-] The following 1 user Likes zergthe's post:
  • DinosaurMichael
I am not a Gozilla aficionado, but it looks like a good old fashioned, fun movie. As long as it has eye candy, I'll be happy. Y'all are getting me psyched to see it.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
I really enjoyed the film.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldGreenVulture's post:
  • theGrackle
(06-05-2019, 11:20 AM)zergthe Wrote: As if we’re supposed to take RT seriously after the whole Last Jedi/Captain Marvel situation, tbh.
Mothra is a better, more relatable 'strong female character' than Capt Marvel tbh, despite her limited screen times and the fact that she cannot speak.
[Image: 3lt761fpevo21-Copy.png]
Devils don’t come from hell beneath us. They come from the sky.
[-] The following 3 users Like Verdugo's post:
  • DinosaurMichael, Kazanshin, zergthe
I loved the movie

The script and writing was, like, actually bad. I'd even say its worse than Godzilla '14. Godzilla '14's characters and story were mostly just boring, KOTM's story is actively LAME, and not in an endearing, charming way like "Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster".
The big difference is that the boring human plot was most of Godzilla '14, in KOTM the stupid human plot is almost completely drowned out by monster action.

The monster action was the best sh!t I've ever seen. I'm probably going to end up watching this movie a second time, either at an IMAX or a drive-in. I just wish the characters were better written. Like, the acting itself was fine, the script was just a mess.
(06-06-2019, 04:26 AM)Verdugo Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 11:20 AM)zergthe Wrote: As if we’re supposed to take RT seriously after the whole Last Jedi/Captain Marvel situation, tbh.
Mothra is a better, more relatable 'strong female character' than Capt Marvel tbh, despite her limited screen times and the fact that she cannot speak.
Don’t tell that to Rotten Tomatoes.

@M4A2E4 I found the actual plot and story to the movie sorely lacking as well, but when I thought about it the most powerful bits about KOTM were similar to Endgame, in which it wasn’t necessarily the action, nor a good script, nor the gorgeous CGI, that was the best part about the two movies. The best part, at least IMO, was the emotional storytelling in both movies. No matter how bad the acting or script got, the thing I was always driven towards was the emotional parts that were there, again, for me at least, in both films. And, potentially hot take, this may be the most unpopular opinion, if you sacrifice a good script/plot for good emotional storytelling, it makes it better than a film that sacrifices that emotional storytelling for a solid storyline/plot, for a basic reason: you can have all the plot in the world, but if I don’t personally feel moved and I don’t feel emotion, I can’t connect with the movie I am watching and it won’t be as good because of the lack of ability to connect to it.

Very sorry for the wall of text y’all, lmao
I still don't see what people complain about the plot. I expected it to be so much worse. I am not even sure how one would get some super advanced human plot out of a bigass monster that needs to save the world from other bigass monsters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryo's post:
  • zergthe
My opinion on the movie. I'd say only recommend for Godzilla fans and fans of the giant monster genre given its monster action otherwise for the general audience as a whole you won't really get much from the human story and element which I will admit is much weaker in this film then it was in Godzilla (2014) with the exception of Serizawa who I think was much better here IMO.

If there's one way I'd describe this movie. Its that what Alien (1979) is to Godzila (2014) is what this film is to Aliens (1986). This made me love and appreciate the former even more then ever.

That said though 10 out of 10 movie for me! Easily my favorite movie this year and it'll remain to be. That's also mainly due to my bias being a huge Godzilla fanboy.
[-] The following 3 users Like DinosaurMichael's post:
  • Kazanshin, theGrackle, Verdugo
I just came back from it...

It was great!
[Image: 9wf8nho.png]
Under the assumption this thread is for those who’ve seen it ima now give a little spoiler. If you haven’t seen it and don’t want spoilers of any kind, I suggest backing out now.

Dougherty has an explanation for why Kong wasn’t actually in the movie, minus references and mentions:
[Image: 212g7rd.jpg]

I prefer this one, though: