Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the greatest day in Human History in your opinion?
What is the greatest day in Human History in your opinion?

Hint: Hit the new reply button, type your response, and then hit post reply button. It is that easy!
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
(^Lol why did that have to be said?)

Big question, hard to answer. In recent memory maybe the end of WWII?
[-] The following 2 users Like ScottishWildcat's post:
  • Taipan, theGrackle
20 July 1969, truly historic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lightning's post:
  • Taipan, theGrackle
I like both your answers - what about the end of the Cold War - the fall of the Berlin Wall - it took away the fear of aThird World War (Nuclear Holocaust)?
[-] The following 3 users Like Taipan's post:
  • Lightning, ScottishWildcat, theGrackle
Thinking about this, a lot of it is probably perspective. One person’s idea of the greatest day might involve a technological breakthrough, another’s might be some kind of social equality victory. It’s impossible to find one definitive answer. Here’s another few

1450: Invention of the Printing Press
24th of November 1859: The Origin of Species is published
6th of December 1865: Slavery abolished in the US
15th of August 1947: India gains independence from Britain
1st of December 1955: Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat
28th of August 1963: March on Washington. MLK’s “I have a dream,” speech
28th of June 1969: Stonewall Riots begin
1st of February 1981: Sexual Offences Act - Homosexuality decriminalised in Britain
[-] The following 3 users Like ScottishWildcat's post:
  • Jinfengopteryx, Lightning, theGrackle
September 28, 1928 - the Discovery of Penicillin - estimated to have saved 200 Million peoples lives since then: https://www.wikitribune.com/wt/news/article/28091/
[-] The following 2 users Like Taipan's post:
  • Claudiu Constantin Nicolaescu, theGrackle
The day the Space Force was created.

In all seriousness I think V-Day was the best day ever. Can only imagine how the world as a whole felt when it was found out the bloodiest war ever was finally over.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
Of course, it depends on opinion and there's is no right or wrong answer to this.

But, imo, if one day, all war, genocide, inequality, slavery (which is greater today than it was in the 1800's in absolute terms but is less relative to the world's population) stopped worldwide and never happened again, that would definitely be the greatest day in human history. But that hasn't happened yet and I'm not sure if it ever will. There's still a possibility of nuclear war in the future, though less than it was during the Cold War. But, tbh, I think nukes are a good thing and that we'd have fought World Wars 3 and 4 by now if we hadn't had them.

Also, did you know Japan (or a part of Japan, I'm not sure) had once abolished the death penalty several hundred years ago and it remained abolished for a few hundred years. But Japan has the death penalty today. Quite ironic isn't it?

Anyway, if we went back and told the Ancients about all our scientific and technological advancements, I think that man has walked on the Moon is the one they'd be most astonished by. Most of them.

But I change my mind and agree that the end of WW2 is the greatest day due to the scale of that one particular conflict. Surrender of Japan in particular because that's when it completely ended.
The greatest days would either be the date of various inventions or when they became available worldwide.

Speaking of ancient battles, they would be best for the side that wins.
Any other runner-ups? I was thinking maybe something like when the Black Death ended (so like 1353 or so). But I guess this is a downplayed one, considering plague didn’t leave some places for good until centuries later.
[Image: 9wf8nho.png]
April 14, 2003. The completion of the Human Genome Project.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
[-] The following 1 user Likes theGrackle's post:
  • Claudiu Constantin Nicolaescu
The day the first modern human (Homo sapiens) emerged from their (fossil) ancestors, or, alternatively, the day when Homo sapiens became the only living species in the genus Homo.
[-] The following 2 users Like Claudiu Constantin Nicolaescu's post:
  • ScottishWildcat, theGrackle
^ I like that one, CCN.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
[-] The following 1 user Likes theGrackle's post:
June 27, 2003. The Room, the greatest movie on Earth, was released in theatres.

[-] The following 2 users Like ApexBoy's post:
  • ScottishWildcat, theGrackle
My pick would be the day the dinosaur-destroying asteroid hit - followed by the start of our current interglacial period.

We may very probably have not evolved, if the dino's hadn't died out, & on an ice-bound Earth, there's no 'civilisation'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mondas's post: