Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tibetan Mastiff
0%
0 0%
Komodo Dragon
100.00%
8 100.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibetan Mastiff v Komodo Dragon
Tibetan Mastiff
The Tibetan Mastiff (Do-khyi) is an ancient breed and type of domestic dog (Canis lupus familiaris) originating with nomadic cultures of Central Asia. The Tibetan Mastiff also known as Do-khyi (variously translated as "home guard", "door guard", "dog which may be tied", "dog which may be kept"), reflects its use as a guardian of herds, flocks, tents, villages, monasteries, and palaces, much as the old English ban-dog (also meaning tied dog) was a dog tied outside the home as a guardian. The Tibetan Mastiff is an outstanding sheepdog and is ferocious against wolves or leopards that try to approach its flock. It is also an excellent guard of both entire villages and isolated houses. The Tibetan Mastiff comes to adulthood somewhat later than other breeds. 
Height: 25-28 inches (61-71 cm.)
Weight: 140-170 pounds (64-78 kg.) Some European owners claim the dogs can weigh up to 220 pounds (99 kg.), but the vast majority of these dogs have a weigh that fall in the range stated above. 

[Image: Tibetan-Mastiff-History-02-500x499.jpg]

Komodo Dragon - Varanus komodoensis
The Komodo dragon (Varanus komodoensis), also known as the Komodo monitor, is a large species of lizard found in the Indonesian islands of Komodo, Rinca, Flores, Gili Motang and Gili Dasami. A member of the monitor lizard family (Varanidae), it is the largest living species of lizard, growing to a maximum length of 3 metres (9.8 ft) in rare cases and weighing up to around 70 kilograms (150 lb). Their unusual size has been attributed to island gigantism, since there are no other carnivorous animals to fill the niche on the islands where they live. As a result of their size, these lizards dominate the ecosystems in which they live. Komodo dragons hunt and ambush prey including invertebrates, birds, and mammals. Their group behaviour in hunting is exceptional in the reptile world. The diet of big Komodo dragons mainly consists of deer, though they also eat considerable amounts of carrion. In the wild, an adult Komodo dragon usually weighs around 70 kilograms (150 lb), although captive specimens often weigh more. The largest verified wild specimen was 3.13 metres (10 ft 3 in) long and weighed 166 kilograms (370 lb), including undigested food. The Komodo dragon has a tail as long as its body, as well as about 60 frequently replaced serrated teeth that can measure up to 2.5 centimetres (1 in) in length.

[Image: 640px-Komodo_dragon_Varanus_komodoensis_...Zoo_2b.jpg]

(06-12-2019, 12:11 AM)OldGreenVulture Wrote: Tibetan mastiff vs komodo dragon.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
TM steams in and shakes the komodo about, komodo whips round and starts biting the dog up, dog weakens eventually ends up as lizard food. dog doesnt have what it takes to put away the komodo before getting bitten.
 [Image: 75TiAZC.jpg]
Komodo dragon wins, far deadlier weaponry.
I don’t even think a Leopard can take a KD more often than not lol this dogs gonna get eaten.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
Single Dog ? no way..Big cats or bears have strength to control and kill KDragon.
[Image: t70ok8.jpg]
Poor doggo. RIP Tibetan boi, u will b missed.
I question a Wolfs chances here, but potentially a Wolf could skull bite it.

Tho this match is still quite unique. Every time I imagine a big dog against an Ora, it is some hot climate living dog like a Kangal or Alabai or Boerboel. Not a very furry mountain living Tibetan Mastiff. It is odd to think about.

None the less, the Dragon wins.
I support the komodo dragon not only because of its venomous bite but because of its slightly better grappling abilities (in comparison) and its tail.
[Image: bzvulture_max-br_1.png]
OldMan
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldGreenVulture's post:
  • onlyfaizy786
Why would you do this to the poor dog? A komodo dragon would kill a leopard more often than not, let alone a mastiff.
[Image: giphy.gif]
While the leopard will more likely win against a Komodo, the mastiff is not as cursorial and also not too predator-wary. Thus, fluffy here loses to the lizard
I like how me mentioning a Leopard brought out low hanging leopard vs Komodo comments lol
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
Nobody cares. This isn’t the place for that argument.
I mentioned a Leopard cause I knew somebody was going to see that and immediately go “Oh no I have to say the Leopard is superior!” and comment on it.

Just goes to show who can’t take a different opinion lol
Leopards find there way in every single match.

OT: a large Komodo Dragon kills any extant canid, including this dog, dosen't have the strength or speed to control the dragon before getting crippled by its bite.
(06-13-2019, 02:59 AM)ApexBoy Wrote: While the leopard will more likely win against a Komodo, the mastiff is not as cursorial and also not too predator-wary. Thus, fluffy here loses to the lizard
What do you mean by the Mastiff not being as cursorial? Isn't it more so than the dragon like a typical Canid? And what do you mean by predator-wary? o_O