Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your dog ownership history?
Your dog ownership hstory?

What dog breeds have you and your family owned?
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
this list is in chronological order

2 Irish setters (Bridgette and Brandy) / My parents had them before I was born
A golden retriever (Goldie) / I got her when I was about 5 years old
A Chow-chow (Bear) / The 1st dog I got after I moved out of my parents house
A Spaniel mix (Lucy) / She had a good long life of 17 years
My 2 current dogs are a black and white pointer mix (Paco) and an American bulldog (Zombie) / These two are big boys at 90 lbs (41 kg) each
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
[-] The following 1 user Likes theGrackle's post:
  • Shenzi
I have a female street dog named Maya, I rescued her when she was a puppy and was being attacked by a dog, I fell in love with her look Heart hahaha. he is already 13 years old.
[-] The following 3 users Like Shenzi's post:
  • Lightning, Taipan, theGrackle
Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that TheGrackle has exactly 1000 posts, not more or less.

My familys dog is an Icelandic Sheepdog, who turns 10 in around 4 months. Originally my parents did not want a dog, but my father found a puppy and said "if we are going to get a dog, we need to do it now before the kids gets too old". A beautiful fellar, even by his breeds standards, and pretty smart as well as super healthy too. Pro is that you pay a lot less in Vet bills compared to other breeds.
[-] The following 4 users Like Ryo's post:
  • Kazanshin, Shenzi, Taipan, theGrackle
Grew up with a Black Labrador - we were born a few months apart. (He was my favourite pet of all time). He died at the age of about 13. Then my family got a Golden Labrador, who lived till about he was 11. Those who know my posts on Domestics, know I'm very partial to the breed!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Taipan's post:
  • theGrackle
We had a ball of energy Basenji in our family, from a pup - he was a real 'tearaway', despite getting regular 'tune-ups'
from the family felids, but he was just a bit too bold - for his own good.

He was sadly, run over & killed by a neighbour's car (& he was a careless/reckless driver)...
How was the Basenji with other Dogs and animals (cats)?
^ He was raised from a pup in our household with a couple of big confident cats who kept him in check when
he got too boisterous, sometimes he seemed to think he was a cat too, 'cept he had to work out that his claws
were not so effective for climbing, which used to puzzle him a bit, but he could sure jump & leap, which was his
undoing in the end, since he'd learned to roam like the cats, too.

He was pretty fearless, & wasn't intimidated by other dogs, (again like the cats he knew) & he'd chase other cats,
but was smart enough to know the difference between pets & fair game like rodents & rabbits.
I had a red German Shepherd with black. He weighed 100 lbs. That's was a big dog ! It protected us when my sister and I were 6 and 8 years old from a another dog unleashed of the neighbour who ran agressively towards us while showing his teeth.... in short, he was going to attack us but our dog ran from the balcony and stood right in front of us, hair risen on his back and growls.... OH My ! That was really really scary to see... the other stop his <<supposely happening attack>> and return home ! Love that dog ! Love you forever.. 

A true hero, been part of my life for 14 years ! Thanks Pluto !

PS : He lived perfectly with my cats
Just a normal guy who want to learn things !
[-] The following 2 users Like The normal guy's post:
  • K9Bite, theGrackle