Poll: Should Rodeos be banned?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
83.33%
5 83.33%
No
0%
0 0%
Unsure
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Rodeos be banned?
Quote:Rodeos are a cruel spectator sport, condemned by all animal protection organisations, in which bulls, horses and sometimes other animals are physically provoked into displaying 'wild' behaviour by the use of such devices as spurs, electric prods and flank straps. Rodeo animals suffer many kinds of injuries, and are sometimes killed or have to be destroyed.

Due to cruelty, traditional rodeo events are banned in Britain and in parts of Europe and the United States.

https://www.animalsaustralia.org/issues/rodeos.php

Your view?
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Yes, they should be banned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lightning's post:
  • theGrackle
Yes. Very stupid humans may suffer otherwise (russian roulette.....). Animals don't deserve suffering.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Forbiddenip's post:
  • theGrackle
I agree that they should be banned due to cruelty issues. My hometown has the largest livestock exhibition and rodeo event in the world (2.5 million attendees over 3 weeks this year), and I would have no problem if it went away, regardless of the economic impact it has in my city.
A pine needle fell. The eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it
[-] The following 1 user Likes theGrackle's post:
  • Lightning
There are football, basketball, boxing and other interesting sports. This is civilized entertainment. We live in the 21st century.
(06-24-2019, 03:40 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: There are football, basketball, boxing and other interesting sports. This is civilized entertainment. We live in the 21st century.

Is boxing really civilized?
(06-24-2019, 03:55 AM)Lightning Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 03:40 AM)Forbiddenip Wrote: There are football, basketball, boxing and other interesting sports. This is civilized entertainment. We live in the 21st century.

Is boxing really civilized?

Yes. Any professional sport can be traumatic except chess.
My stepmom and her family has been a major part of a rodeo thing for ages; they don’t use cruel practices like the whole tying the balls thing and the bulls who are in like to buck and stuff, so they should be fine and allowed to do so. On the other hand, the rodeos who engage in the more cruel aspect should go or at least change for the better ASAP.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
[-] The following 1 user Likes zergthe's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
Of course they should be banned, any event that includes in any part of it putting animals in uncomfortable situations and/or environments for no purpose other than human entertainment is disgusting and should be banned.

For real people, there is absolutely no difference between this, and forcing humans to butcher one another for spectators. I thought we agreed the latter was sick and twisted a couple thousand years ago?
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Melanosuchus
^ Whaaa?

Are you thinking of Spanish bull-fighting, rather than rodeo?

Rodeo does not offer any mortal combat events, next you'll be wanting to ban animals from circus performances!
(06-29-2019, 11:03 AM)Mustang Wrote: Of course they should be banned, any event that includes in any part of it putting animals in uncomfortable situations and/or environments for no purpose other than human entertainment is disgusting and should be banned.

For real people, there is absolutely no difference between this, and forcing humans to butcher one another for spectators. I thought we agreed the latter was sick and twisted a couple thousand years ago?

So, what about fishing?
Ummmm.. I'm not exactly a fan of doing it for fun??

In any case, there really is no comparison between fishing and Rodeo, the latter turning animal suffering into a public pass time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-30-2019, 12:39 PM)Mustang Wrote: Ummmm.. I'm not exactly a fan of doing it for fun??

In any case, there really is no comparison between fishing and Rodeo, the latter turning animal suffering into a public pass time.

But, in many cases, are exactly an example of "event that includes in any part of it putting animals in uncomfortable situations and/or environments for no purpose other than human entertainment ". 

Fish are injured, become vulnerable to predation while being hooked, and are often used as live baits. In fact, using a live bait is always very cruel, no matter what animal is involved.

I agree, obviously, with subsistence fishing. But when the main objective is the thrill of catching the fish, it sounds very cruel to me, even if the animal is eaten later. I mean, if the objective is only "eat a fish", it is easier and cheaper to buy a fish on the market.

But, of course, what the people want is having fun,  even if it causes the animal to feel pain and suffering.
...did y’all like, not read what I said? The rodeos who actually are cruel should go. The ones that aren’t shouldn’t.
[img=0x0]http://i68.tinypic.com/5u3d6w.jpg[/img]
Quote:ban animals from circus performances!

Of course they should.

Quote:So, what about fishing?

Should be allowed for food and for research (as long as the fish is released in case of the latter) but not for sport.

Quote:it is easier and cheaper to buy a fish on the market.

Fishing is how it ended up in the market in the first place lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lightning's post:
  • Melanosuchus, theGrackle