Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Asian Golden Cat
92.31%
12 92.31%
Shiba Inu
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Asian Golden Cat v Shiba Inu
Asian Golden Cat - Catopuma temminckii
The Asian golden cat (Pardofelis temminckii, syn. Catopuma temminckii), also called the Asiatic golden cat and Temminck's golden cat, is a medium-sized wild cat of Southeastern Asia. The Asian golden cat is heavily built, with a typical cat-like appearance. It has a head-body length of 66 to 105 cm (26 to 41 in), with a tail 40 to 57 cm (16 to 22 in) long, and is 56 cm (22 in) at the shoulder. The weight ranges from 9 to 16 kg (20 to 35 lb), which is about two or three times the size of a domesticated cat. Asian golden cats are territorial and solitary. Asian golden cats can climb trees when necessary. They hunt birds, large rodents and reptiles, small ungulates such as muntjacs and young sambar deer. They are capable of bringing down prey much larger than themselves, such as domestic water buffalo calves. In the mountains of Sikkim, they reportedly prey on ghoral.

[Image: 457px-Asian_Golden_cat.jpg]

Shiba Inu
The Shiba Inu (柴犬, Japanese: [ɕiba̠ inɯ̟ᵝ]) is a Japanese breed of hunting dog. A small-to-medium breed, it is the smallest of the six original and distinct spitz breeds of dog native to Japan. A small, agile dog that copes very well with mountainous terrain, the Shiba Inu was originally bred for hunting. It looks similar to and is often mistaken for other Japanese dog breeds like the Akita Inu or Hokkaido, but the Shiba Inu is a different breed with a distinct blood line, temperament, and smaller size than other Japanese dog breeds. The Shiba's frame is compact with well-developed muscles. Males are 35 to 43 cm (14 to 17 in) at the withers. Females are 33 to 41 cm (13 to 16 in). The preferred size is the middle of the range for each sex. Average weight at preferred size is approximately 10.5 kg (23 lb) for males, 8 kg (18 lb) for females. Bones are moderate.

[Image: 640px-Taka_Shiba.jpg]

(06-25-2019, 05:06 AM)onlyfaizy786 Wrote: Shiba Inu vs Jaguarundi or asian golden cat
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
Ok, for this one I have to give it to the AGC. It has a pretty useful size advantage and will likely overpower the dog.

If anybody is willing to debate me for a parity match, however, I'm ready to go.
(06-25-2019, 09:15 PM)Kazanshin Wrote: Ok, for this one I have to give it to the AGC. It has a pretty useful size advantage and will likely overpower the dog.

If anybody is willing to debate me for a parity match, however, I'm ready to go.
i am also ready, at parity asian golden cat known to take down domestic Buffalo calf and young sambar. And in my region they killed felid dogs larger then them selves. How ever their average weight is most probably 11 kg on average. Most important part this cat designed for perfect killing , their body gesture are more like skillful leopard. With powerful claw and perfect skull for bite and strong front and hind limbs fir gappling. This all mean dog has no chance at parity.
(06-25-2019, 09:31 PM)onlyfaizy786 Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 09:15 PM)Kazanshin Wrote: Ok, for this one I have to give it to the AGC. It has a pretty useful size advantage and will likely overpower the dog.

i am also ready, at parity asian golden cat known to take down domestic Buffalo calf and young sambar. And in my region they killed felid dogs larger then them selves. How ever their average weight is most probably 11 kg on average. Most important part this cat designed for perfect killing , their body gesture are more like skillful leopard. With powerful claw and perfect skull for bite and strong front and hind limbs fir gappling. This all mean dog has no chance at parity.

I severely doubt all of this. Over here in Japan, we regularly hear of skilled dogs taking down sika deers, which are way more impressive in terms of combat than buffalo calves, especially considering the cat's style of hunting: ambushes. I'm impressed to hear about sambars, but I'd have to know how old those young individuals were. Shiba Inus were bred in a similar manner to their close cousins, the Akita, and used similar combat techniques. This could imply them using skull and nose bites. In any cases, the Shiba was used to hunt badgers, giving them the experience needed against enemy carnivores, something I don't really see in the Asian Golden Cat. The biggest advantage the dog has here is his loose skin. Even if the cat claws at him, it really won't hurt him a lot and he'll be right back, biting at the cat. The cat can grapple all it wants, but once the dog has its badger-hunting jaws around it, clawing isn't doing anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kazanshin's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
(06-25-2019, 10:29 PM)Kazanshin Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 09:31 PM)onlyfaizy786 Wrote:

I severely doubt all of this. Over here in Japan, we regularly hear of skilled dogs taking down sika deers, which are way more impressive in terms of combat than buffalo calves, especially considering the cat's style of hunting: ambushes. I'm impressed to hear about sambars, but I'd have to know how old those young individuals were. Shiba Inus were bred in a similar manner to their close cousins, the Akita, and used similar combat techniques. This could imply them using skull and nose bites. In any cases, the Shiba was used to hunt badgers, giving them the experience needed against enemy carnivores, something I don't really see in the Asian Golden Cat. The biggest advantage the dog has here is his loose skin. Even if the cat claws at him, it really won't hurt him a lot and he'll be right back, biting at the cat. The cat can grapple all it wants, but once the dog has its badger-hunting jaws around it, clawing isn't doing anything.
Lmao you dog take down similar size strong cat in solo com on man, give me any evidence where any dog can catch strong wild cat like golden cat? caracal? Bob cat? Lynx? Fishing cat? Ocelot?
I know you are too young and spritful but you have to learn a lot about felids and mustelids. Similar size dog in solo no match for  powerful wild or big cats and mustelids, no matter how strong breed of dog is. And for more information hunting dogs work in packs to chase badgers and any animals with human involvement. If humans are not on sight then they need more numbers to beat felids. I have many accounts where wild cats brutally killed dogs in solo. How many do you have?
Dogs can never ever gt the style of hunting like felids.
Think before you speak, baka. Give me any kind of evidence of a small sized feline cat taking on a trained spitz head on, then we can talk about me providing accounts. This isn't a one-way street, bozo.
Lmao at "young and spiritful". Queen please, I'm part of the National Japanese Myrmecology Association since 2016 and have a lot of experience in writing reports about the reintroduction of wolves and wildcats in Honshu. If anyone here has to learn anything, it's you buds. Now yes, give me accounts of feline cats, yes felines not pantherines, killing trained spitz breeds of the same size in a frontal assault. Now stop spewing bullshit with your half-baked English and provide those accounts before you demand anything of me and call me a kid. That or you can debate like anyone else: with respect, addressing people's points and actually giving a blaze about their arguments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kazanshin's post:
  • ScottishWildcat
(06-26-2019, 12:10 AM)Kazanshin Wrote: Think before you speak, baka. Give me any kind of evidence of a small sized feline cat taking on a trained spitz head on, then we can talk about me providing accounts. This isn't a one-way street, bozo.
Lmao at "young and spiritful". Queen please, I'm part of the National Japanese Myrmecology Association since 2016 and have a lot of experience in writing reports about the reintroduction of wolves and wildcats in Honshu. If anyone here has to learn anything, it's you buds. Now yes, give me accounts of feline cats, yes felines not pantherines, killing trained spitz breeds of the same size in a frontal assault. Now stop spewing bullshit with your half-baked English and provide those accounts before you demand anything of me and call me a kid. That or you can debate like anyone else: with respect, addressing people's points and actually giving a blaze about their arguments.
Lol i do give respect in my comments but you are behaving like illiterate. I didn't called you kid but you are behaving like crying child. First you should prove your bold claim that solo dog can kill any feline similar to his size then i will share everything with you. I am a part of WWF cat fishing program in my region so do you wanna learn any thing about felidae family i am here to help you kids.
Go and learn some ethics from respected japnese people and behave like them. 
The Shiba would win this.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
(06-26-2019, 03:18 AM)Black Ice Wrote: The Shiba would win this.
What a well structured argument, mind actually trying to post some constructive evidence instead of faith debating?
(06-26-2019, 08:30 AM)Drassodes Wrote:
What a well structured argument, mind actually trying to post some constructive evidence instead of faith debating?

Nah cause most people here already have their minds set on a winner.
There are many types of people in this world; None of them are as smart as they think they are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black Ice's post:
  • K9Bite
(06-26-2019, 08:58 AM)Black Ice Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 08:30 AM)Drassodes Wrote:

Nah cause most people here already have their minds set on a winner.

Thats not a reason, argumentum ad populum is a pathetic thing, try being a tad better than that. If you have an argument to make, do it.
Welp, I thought I could actually have a debate here, but seeing how onlyfaizy behaves, aka. telling others to prove their claims when the opposite has never been proven, calling people "too young and spiritful to learn", then claiming he actually did have respect in his comment, I begin to understand how  Black Ice must have been feeling these past years. Oh, and by the way, here's a few accounts of dogs killing felines. Even though I seriously doubt he'll care about them.

[Image: 2gMYzgp.gif]

Quote:Furthermore,  coyotes  do  kill  lynx,  and  there  is  speculation
that coyotes could inluence lynx more so than does the avail-
ability of snowshoe hares (Buskirk et al. 2000, Bayne et al. 2008).

https://www.researchgate.net/publication...ial_scales

Quote:Other carnivores, including wolverines and feral dogs (reviewed by McCord and Cordoza 1982 and Quinn and Parker 1987), occasionally kill or take food from lynx.

https://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs/rmrs_gtr03...83_100.pdf

How's this, eh?
[-] The following 2 users Like Kazanshin's post:
  • Black Ice, Ryo
Nah Drass I’ll act as I please.

Edit - Kazashin that’s exactly how I feel lmao
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black Ice's post:
  • Kazanshin
(06-26-2019, 10:08 AM)Kazanshin Wrote: Welp, I thought I could actually have a debate here, but seeing how onlyfaizy behaves, aka. telling others to prove their claims when the opposite has never been proven, calling people "too young and spiritful to learn", then claiming he actually did have respect in his comment, I begin to understand how  Black Ice must have been feeling these past years. Oh, and by the way, here's a few accounts of dogs killing felines. Even though I seriously doubt he'll care about them.

Quote:Other carnivores, including wolverines and feral dogs (reviewed by McCord and Cordoza 1982 and Quinn and Parker 1987), occasionally kill or take food from lynx.

How's this, eh?

You do know what the 's' suffix means, right, y'know 'plural', which indicates it wasn't a 1-on-1 scenario, yeah?

Addit: & how is it, you've somehow seemed to miss this cogent remark in the account you'd C & P'd:

"Interestingly, only relatively small bobcats... were reportedly killed by coyotes."
[-] The following 2 users Like Mondas's post:
  • onlyfaizy786, The normal guy
(06-26-2019, 10:08 AM)Kazanshin Wrote: Welp, I thought I could actually have a debate here, but seeing how onlyfaizy behaves, aka. telling others to prove their claims when the opposite has never been proven, calling people "too young and spiritful to learn", then claiming he actually did have respect in his comment, I begin to understand how  Black Ice must have been feeling these past years. Oh, and by the way, here's a few accounts of dogs killing felines. Even though I seriously doubt he'll care about them.

How's this, eh?

Uhhh- not only was that plural confrontation, but yotes can get bigger than bobcats.

Unlike the match we have here, where the cat is the one having a size adventage

(06-26-2019, 10:08 AM)Black Ice Wrote: Nah Drass I’ll act as I please.

Edit - Kazashin that’s exactly how I feel lmao

This is a debate forum, you will act like its meant to be, debate with evidence or concede your point.

And as much as i hate the typical "dogs can never beat cats" bullshit banter, the golden cat actually has some pretty impressive weapons for a small species.
https://www.skullsunlimited.com/products...ull-tq-436

Seriously, look at the size of that crest
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drassodes's post:
  • onlyfaizy786