Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wolverine
8.33%
1 8.33%
Reindeer (Caribou)
91.67%
11 91.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolverine v Reindeer (Caribou)
reindeer are too large for any mustelid to prey until they are weak or sick or any other advantages.
[-] The following 1 user Likes onlyfaizy786's post:
  • The normal guy
(08-14-2019, 01:09 AM)The normal guy Wrote: that caribou did not die (at least directly from the attack)

Neither did the Wolverine.
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
From the sources I have seen, Wolverines attack adult Reindeer in winter and early spring.

A healthy Reindeer would be too big to easily take down for a Wolverine.
(08-11-2019, 07:58 AM)The normal guy Wrote: Exactly !

Someone find a video of a wolverine killing an adult caribou or moose in snowless environment, post it here please.

...I don't think there is btw

Why dont you find a video of a Reindeer killing a Wolverine to support your case?
(08-14-2019, 11:42 AM)Taipan Wrote:

Someone find a video of a wolverine killing an adult caribou or moose in snowless environment, post it here please.

Why dont you find a video of a Reindeer killing a Wolverine to support your case?

I think the problem is that while wolverines actively go out and try to kill reindeers, reindeers don't actually do that since, you know. Grass.

The only herbivores that can actually kill their predators are wild bovines ( e.g. Cape Buffalo, Bison, Wild Water Buffalo, Gaur etc.)

There may a few antelope and deer, but most prey aren't great in the killing department.
Boars are also a candidate.
Ryo Wrote:Boars are also a candidate.

Sorry to correct you but boars are omnivores.

ApexBoy Wrote:The only herbivores that can actually kill their predators are wild bovines ( e.g. Cape Buffalo, Bison, Wild Water Buffalo, Gaur etc.)

What about rhinos?

http://www.rhinoresourcecenter.com/pdf_f...850404.pdf
The last comment was Apex, not mine. And I know Boars are omnivores, I just viewed it more as a "what prey species can kill its predator" instead of "what herbivore".

I mean, Hippos and other megafaunal herbivores are candidates, but minus them, only Eland and Moose have probably killed their predators enough to matter.
(08-14-2019, 12:04 PM)Kazanshin Wrote: I think the problem is that while wolverines actively go out and try to kill reindeers, reindeers don't actually do that since, you know. Grass.

I know I was just reversing the argument, given the one visual interaction we had, did not end up with the Wolverine being killed.

Bit like the Bali Tigress v Komodo thread, where the vast majoity of the thread was about the impact of a Komodo's bite on the Tigress, and very little focussing on the effect of a Tigress's bite on a Komodo.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYgkrwb...1wvMbOdQOk, you are right, ill try to find one (article or video) .... I don't know where it is... but I will find it .

<p>
(08-15-2019, 09:29 AM)The normal guy Wrote:

Ok, you are right, ill try to find one (article or video) .... I don't know where it is... but I will find it .

https://youtu.be/5SqqG_LUss0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYgkrwb...1wvMbOdQOk (channel of soso8bit)

here is a video of a sow grizzly bear with two cubs vs a male caribou...

The caribou stands its grounds and even attack the bear to retreat and confront again ... he lifted the sow off the ground 2-3 times and rammed the sow a lot.. also look at the size of that caribou...

You will see why wolverine do not attack caribou in summer ... Can't find a video of a caribou killing a wolverine but by this video they could kill quite easily the wolverine ...

I know, I didn't find a video to support my case but that might be one
Just a normal guy who want to learn things !