Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions vs Leopards; Compilation thread
Standoff between an adult male and a young lioness

[Image: 2i6iekx.jpg]
                                                 [Image: giphy.gif]
(05-13-2019, 08:00 AM)Leopard Wrote: @Taipan

Show me photographic/video footage of a lone lioness killing an adult male leopard and I'll show you the cases where a lioness or multiple of them fail. Let's see who wins.

I can guarantee that lionesses fail more often that not.

I will NEVER say that lionesses can't kill a leopard. But being biased like this?

Quote:are they just happy enough to have a prime male adult leopard rolling around on their backs terrified and pissing itself whilst they maul it?

So show me a lioness killing a male leopard!

You know there are only verified written accounts. So stop playing little games. I could easily say show me videos of Leopards killing Hyenas - because apparently Lionesses must on every encounter kill the Leopard (its competitor), but Leopards can allow their competitor hyenas to steal their kills, and never kill them. What are Leopards scared of Hyena?
[Image: wildcat10-CougarHuntingDeer.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Taipan's post:
  • Mondas
(05-15-2019, 10:31 PM)Taipan Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:00 AM)Leopard Wrote: @Taipan

Show me photographic/video footage of a lone lioness killing an adult male leopard and I'll show you the cases where a lioness or multiple of them fail. Let's see who wins.

I can guarantee that lionesses fail more often that not.

I will NEVER say that lionesses can't kill a leopard. But being biased like this?

Quote:are they just happy enough to have a prime male adult leopard rolling around on their backs terrified and pissing itself whilst they maul it?

So show me a lioness killing a male leopard!

You know there are only verified written accounts. So stop playing little games. I could easily say show me videos of Leopards killing Hyenas - because apparently Lionesses must on every encounter kill the Leopard (its competitor), but Leopards can allow their competitor hyenas to steal their kills, and never kill them. What are Leopards scared of Hyena?

I think you know what the difference is. It's the intention of both the lion and hyena; the lion goes for the kill, the hyena for ITS kill. Of course there are lions who just focus on their kills aswell. Which is why you see dozen of videos of lions scavenging from leopards. I have yet to see a hyena with the intention of killing a leopard.

The 'leopard is scared of the hyena' is such a weak argument. We all know leopards tend to avoid any physical conflict becouse of potentional injuries. You shouldn't question the leopards capabilities. 

Also, why kill a strong adversary when scaring it off is enough?

In this thread many instances are shared where lions actually go for the kill and where the leopard actually manages to fend off the attack. Saying that those particular lions weren't interested is a weak excuse.

Oh and in both 'hyena v leopard' and 'lion v leopard', the leopard is almost never the agressor. You should ask yourself why the hyena focuses on the kill instead of trying to kill a competitor. That's the right question.
[-] The following 3 users Like Leopard's post:
  • , Ferox, onlyfaizy786
^ No.

Face reality dude, lions will take meat from crocs, hyena, leopard, cheetah, AWD & etc, opportunistically, its what they do.

Its called 'dominance' & its a lion lifestyle deal.
(05-17-2019, 02:53 AM)Sher Khan Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 06:44 PM)Mondas Wrote: ^ No.

Face reality dude, lions will take meat from crocs, hyena, leopard, cheetah, AWD & etc, opportunistically, its what they do.

Its called 'dominance' & its a lion lifestyle deal.

Yeah, lions dominate leopards, no doubt.

But leopards are known to stand their ground against lions - its just a fact.

No. 

You cannot back this claim, because in reality, leopards must flee lions or suffer the consequences, up to death.

Lions dominate leopards, & leopards learn to fear/avoid lions, just as hyenas do.
(05-17-2019, 10:07 AM)Sher Khan Wrote: I already have, genius.

I know lions dominate leopards, but there are numerous wild life videos which prove that leopards are brave enough to hold their own against lions. The most classical case was that of one male leopard backing of four lionesses.

No.

You have neither a fraction of the "genius" required to comprehend what happens on a video, 
nor any understanding of what your so-called "classic" case entailed.

In fact, the trapped leopard fought desperately for its very life, 'til it could escape up a tree.

Why dont you post the vid where the leopard, which took refuge high in a tree, to get out of reach of
male lions, then foolishly leapt down again while the lions were still there, & was promptly destroyed?
(05-17-2019, 10:18 AM)Mondas Wrote: Why dont you post the vid where the leopard, which took refuge high in a tree, to get out of reach of
male lions, then foolishly leapt down again while the lions were still there, & was promptly destroyed?

Wait you mean the video that was edited so it looked more dramatic than it really was?

Here's what really happened:

The leopard actually stood his ground for a brief time and eventually jumped to another branch.
[-] The following 2 users Like Leopard's post:
  • , Ferox
Dunno, but stop trying to deny this kind of thing is more usual... Lion dominance puts leopards in their place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1e6LsPh8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3_TN5KQrE0
"Leopard trapped in tree by two male lions. Kameelsleep - 5 January 2018"

[Image: 26756725_10155921044515688_4264544301960...e=5D79C83A]

Leopard outpaces lionesses (click to play)

[-] The following 2 users Like Leopard's post:
  • 221extra, Shin
^^^That's a huge male!!!
[Image: APVwP9.gif]
(08-15-2019, 10:46 AM)Shin Wrote: ^^^That's a huge male!!!

That's just an average male leopard. Large males are 2/3rd the size of a lioness, while this one was like half the size of it. There's also the case of Central African and Persian leopards who even overlap in size with lionesses (small to average ones).
only the biggest leopards will overlap in size with small lionesses. no average male leopard population will be the same weight any average lioness population
 [Image: 75TiAZC.jpg]