Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predator - prey relationships
ah, so it was killed by 1 snow leoaprd, but then eaten by 2 ( i think?)
 [Image: 75TiAZC.jpg]
(12-15-2018, 06:13 PM)K9Boy Wrote: ah, so it was killed by 1 snow leoaprd, but then eaten by 2 ( i think?)

I think one killed it and partly consumed it. Then another one scavenged. It's not really well described I have to say.
                                                 [Image: giphy.gif]
(12-15-2018, 06:06 PM)Leopard Wrote: Snow leopards and bear account

[Image: fBM9n1q.jpg]

Old accounts and perhaps not reliable but it's something.

V.G. Geptner A.A. Sludskiy Mammals of Soviet Union. Part 2. Carnivors (Hyaenidaes and Felids)(1972)
Гептнер Владимир Георгиевич, Слудский Аркадий Александрович - Млекопитающие Советского Союза т. II (часть вторая)
isnt reliable source? Ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nyers's post:
  • Shenzi
He said "Perhaps not", relax a little.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tupinambis's post:
  • Leopard, Ryo
On 18 August 2017, during a tapir survey in the Chumaquil aguada, with a perimeter of 1,184 m (18.730969º N, -89.207233º W), in the ejido (communal shared land) Nuevo Becal in the municipality of Calakmul, I found an active nest of Morelet’s crocodile (Fig. 1A). The nest was 123 m away from the water edge (18.731778º N, -89.209722º W) and contained 12 fertile eggs (Fig. 1B). I observed fresh tracks of jaguar with tracks of prey dragging around the nest. I followed the tracks and found a crocodile carcass (2 m of total length) 80 m away from the nest consumed likely by jaguar. I assumed that the attack had occurred only a few minutes earlier and the jaguar had run away when it became aware of my presence. The crocodile carcass was found in ventro-dorsal position, without the right hand and presented multiple abrasions in parts of the head, neck, thorax, abdomen, and left forelimb as consequence of the dragging. 
[Image: 8Wt4kAG.png]
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jon...Mexico.pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tupinambis's post:
  • Ntwadumela
First video of wolves hunting fish:

Quote:In another stunning revelation of wolf behavior from Voyageurs National Park, researchers Thursday announced they have confirmed park wolves hunting for and eating fish out of streams as a regular part of their diet.

The researchers released the first-ever video of wolves eating freshwater fish, and said GPS data shows one pack spent about half their time during several weeks in April and May "hunting" in creeks for spawning suckers and northern pike.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/s...ional-park
A Buddhist monk has been killed by a leopard while meditating in a protected forest for the big cats, the fifth such attack in the area this month, Indian police said Thursday.
Rahul Walke Bodhi was seated beneath a tree in Ramdegi forest in western India for morning prayers on Tuesday when the leopard pounced.
The 35-year-old monk was fatally injured, police in Maharashtra state said.

Description:

Lone wolf fights with 6 dogs, kills the Tibetan mastiff and eats it. 

孤狼大战6只狗,咬死一只藏獒并吃掉

Photo 
[Image: 47582853_288241272041717_493954840237308...tagram.com]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ntwadumela's post:
  • Shenzi